bannednutrition.com

Thread: Heart health and Steroids

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Heart health and Steroids

As discussed in various other posts, I have been on TRT for a couple years and am getting ready for my first blast. It will be pretty light at 300mg Test/week for 12 weeks accompanied by 40mg Tbol/week for the first 6 weeks. My TRT dose is 100mg/week

Age 42 and ~14% bf (Will be lower when I blast)

I'm in good shape overall, I train hard including cardio and my resting heart rate is in the high 50s.

I haven't ran for a long time because of previous hip and knee injuries. I usually do sled push, tire flips, battle ropes and stair climber for my cardio. I push myself very hard when I do those so it is no surprise that my heart rate goes through the roof.

However, I decided to go for a light run this morning and ran (more like jogged) a mile at a 10 minute pace. I didn't feel overly out of breath but was surprised that my hr got up to the high 170s.

I know steroids put additional strain on the heart, should I be concerned about running a blast? Should I limit my cardio to activities that keep my hr in a lower range until I drop back down to TRT dose?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, obviously the Tbol dose is per day not per week

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    How often did you check your heart rate doing those cardio exercises when only on trt doses? Maybe you could have hit 170 before , only now just over thinking cause running higher doses. Caffeine can also play a big part in heart rate.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Is this the first time you go to 170? Does it stays in 170 though out your whole session?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    One key aspect of fitness is how quickly you recover.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Depending on how you're training and the intensity 170 can be a normal HR for cardio. Mine isnt much under that and I walk the treadmill at a steep incline

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Steroids strain the heart no doubt.

Keep ur blast short and stay in top shape and u will be fine.

Itís the guys who abuse who make us all look bad
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma HGH

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    considering cardio is good for your heart it wouldnt be smart to cut it out...

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    170 bpm isn't a bad thing. You can't compare what your resting heart rate is to your max output heart rate is. Actually the lower your resting heart rate is, more than likely the higher capacity you have for a higher max heart rate. Its very complicated but, but 170 may seem high but probably isn't anywhere close to your max heart rate and isn't anything but good for you to hit that on occasion.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ954rr View Post
    How often did you check your heart rate doing those cardio exercises when only on trt doses? Maybe you could have hit 170 before , only now just over thinking cause running higher doses. Caffeine can also play a big part in heart rate.
    It is pretty typical when I do high intensity cardio for my hr to get that high. I was just a little concerned that it was just as high from more of a moderate cardio like jogging. From the replies on here and some additional research, I don't think I have much to be concerned about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Depending on how you're training and the intensity 170 can be a normal HR for cardio. Mine isnt much under that and I walk the treadmill at a steep incline
    I train mostly high intensity which definitely gets my hr up there. Sometimes I'll just walk fast or use the elliptical to take it easy and my hr stays relatively low during that. I guess I was just a little surprised that moderate intensity affected my hr nearly the same has high intensity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dylangemelli View Post
    considering cardio is good for your heart it wouldnt be smart to cut it out...
    Definitely wasnt going to cut it out completely. In was just curious if while blasting it may be better to do longer sessions at a lower intensity

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo77 View Post
    It is pretty typical when I do high intensity cardio for my hr to get that high. I was just a little concerned that it was just as high from more of a moderate cardio like jogging. From the replies on here and some additional research, I don't think I have much to be concerned about.

- - - Updated - - -

I train mostly high intensity which definitely gets my hr up there. Sometimes I'll just walk fast or use the elliptical to take it easy and my hr stays relatively low during that. I guess I was just a little surprised that moderate intensity affected my hr nearly the same has high intensity.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely wasnt going to cut it out completely. In was just curious if while blasting it may be better to do longer sessions at a lower intensity
    Yeah it just depends on what you consider moderate intensity. My moderate intensity level is probably what some would consider high, but I basically raise the level as high as I can and still keep the pace. It's definitely far from a comfortable pace. "Walking" at 12% incline and 3.5-4 MPH is what gets my HR up there where I want it. I dont run anymore because of my disc issues.