Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy weight on a diet???

Sylvan9595

Im dieting and wondering whats the best way to train for loosing fat and keeping the most muscle???
My theorie is to still go heavy as possible
How you guys think about that situation???

Lift heavy when cutting. The body needs to think it needs to hold on to that muscle to handle heavy weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Weight training always needs to be all out.

Check out my log for sample workouts and a diet program.

Lose the weight slowly instead being in a rush to drop the weight, it will help to keep your muscle. You don't need to go any lower than 500 below maintenance but most people do because they want results right now, that is not the best way to attack it in my opinion

As has been mentioned, I wouldn't go to far below your maintenance level of calories. As your weight loss becomes stagnant, decrease your calories a little more. Keep doing this as needed but don't go too low. You can play with carbs and protein intake as well and that can really help.

personally, I never count cals, as I am not a bodybuilder, but I used to be very strict on macros and have spent much time in ketosis. I still lifted heavy and hit PR's that way. Then, when I added the carbs back in my numbers REALLY jumped. For me, it just took a little time for my body to adjust from moderate/high carbs to low carb, but after "induction" I felt pretty normal.

If you are on a cut at 500 calories below maintenance then you shouldn't really notice any loss in strength or muscle especially if on a good cycle.

just watch carbs but don't cut completely bro and re load every few days

You should train the same no matter bulking or cutting in my opinion. Diet is what dictates the result

Back
Top Bottom