Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help aspirating

FrankLee

Registered
I start off aspirating by pulling the plunger back and no blood comes up at all.

I inject 2 mL extremely slowly over the course of 4-5 minutes, and no blood comes up in the middle of the injection when I stop pushing down the plunger to let the gear get absorbed.

However, multiple times now, at the end of the injection when I wait around 10 seconds for the gear to get absorbed at the end of the injection, blood starts coming up the syringe, and I can see some blood at the tip of the needle (mixed with the gear that can't be squeezed out at the needle tip).

After slowly pulling out, there's a significant amount of bleeding.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? If it was just nicking a vein, I don't think blood would be coming up the needle while the needle is still inside. I aspirate by pulling back nearly half an inch, and absolutely no blood comes up at all, and the plunger falls back on its own. Just really confused here.

Are you pinning quads? It sounds like you may be and nicking a lot of veins. I would try changing the location if that's the case.

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom