Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's The Deal...

Hello Nelson:
I am new here, so apologies if I did not know you. As I was wondering what all this Nelson hoopla was about, I did my research and found out you are a good man.

If I were you, I would simply focus on posting valuable content, and reply to valuable comments if you feel like it. You make gifts to the community, if they don't like it, tough luck. What leads to your troubles is engaging with people who a) reply to you with an attitude; b) clearly do not know what they are talking about; c) make any kind of personal attack (ad-hominen). There is absolutely nothing positive that can ever come out of replying to a troll. You will never WIN based on sound arguments. JUST IGNORE THEM, and smile to yourself. They do not deserve your answer or to be schooled by you.

In other words, stick to replying to insightful and polite commenters and 99% of the drama will go away. That's my 2 cents. And thanks for giving it a second chance!

800lbsgorillaa does not want to be banned, 800lbsgorillaa wants to be VIP. 800lbsgorillaa all ask for is podcast news. Why ban 800lbsgorillaa for that?

bro stop bashing Nelson bro. I gonna get you bant if you keep it up!

I was reluctant to let Nelson back on the forum but he has apologized so I think we all agree he is welcome back on here

Wrong again bro. I apologized for nothing because I had nothing to apologize for.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Nelson:
I am new here, so apologies if I did not know you. As I was wondering what all this Nelson hoopla was about, I did my research and found out you are a good man.

If I were you, I would simply focus on posting valuable content, and reply to valuable comments if you feel like it. You make gifts to the community, if they don't like it, tough luck. What leads to your troubles is engaging with people who a) reply to you with an attitude; b) clearly do not know what they are talking about; c) make any kind of personal attack (ad-hominen). There is absolutely nothing positive that can ever come out of replying to a troll. You will never WIN based on sound arguments. JUST IGNORE THEM, and smile to yourself. They do not deserve your answer or to be schooled by you.

In other words, stick to replying to insightful and polite commenters and 99% of the drama will go away. That's my 2 cents. And thanks for giving it a second chance!

Thanks bro, I appreciate the support. As for "ignoring" the idiots, it's not so easy. It's like being at a meeting where one person is giving a presentation and a couple of people are jumping up and down knocking things off the tables. It's just an obnoxious disruption
and it ruins whatever good might come out of it. So the plan here is, everyone remains professional and respectful and then, everyone wins. If not, they're gone. Simple.

I was reluctant to let Nelson back on the forum but he has apologized so I think we all agree he is welcome back on here

Your getting it ass backwards. He wasn't banned. He left cos he wanted to and comes back cos he wanted to. The vote thing was an idea of BM and has ZERO relevance. Nelson never needed to apologize.

And as for what we all think - you can only speak for yourself.

There are issues when it comes to the why and how etc. But they're to do with how Nelson sees himself and his place in the industry. To be frank he was doing this stuff, what we do, when most here were on their mama's tit. I was reading his articles when most of you were still at your mama's knee being spoon fed. The issue is he doesn't take (online at least) opposing views well. Which is ironic cos he used to take part in round table discussions back in the day. He also needs, as has been said above, to ignore trolls - even our pet ones.

Now, as I've said before, it's easy to get lost in the detail when we all really agree on the big stuff. I know I can come across as blunt and not to kissy assy. So be it. I'm not sweating it. Equally, I try to see the bigger picture stuff. Occasionally I'll bend a nose out of place and then have to explain in pain in the ass detail why what I said actually helps the disgruntled member more than they think cos they get all antsy.

Example: If someone is 25% fat and isn't using an AI on cycle and does NOT have Mr O genes then (esp if I've not had 2 coffees) I'll be the one saying 'lose the fat'. Not always what they wanna hear. We might lose one member cos of it (not great) but the 200 who read the thread that day benefit (great). Bigger picture stuff.

Wrong again bro. I apologized for nothing because I had nothing to apologize for.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bro, I appreciate the support. As for "ignoring" the idiots, it's not so easy. It's like being at a meeting where one person is giving a presentation and a couple of people are jumping up and down knocking things off the tables. It's just an obnoxious disruption
and it ruins whatever good might come out of it. So the plan here is, everyone remains professional and respectful and then, everyone wins. If not, they're gone. Simple.

Unfortunately, unlike the real world, forums don't allow for that. Heck, even the real world does the whole 'all voices must be heard' thing now. Admin are the only ones who can remove anyone. Not members nor even us mods. This forum MIGHT (see if it's in your settings) allow you to add names to 'ignore'.

In the real world I'd probably end up attempting to pound their heads of the table.

As per other posts of mine you can try and engage in a back and forth more. There have been a few times where it's seemed you've taken a stance and refuse point blank to accept another view regardless. See my comment about how you've done round table discussions back in the day so how that's kinda ironic.

Personally I’m glad to see Nelson is back. I always like to see everyone’s take on different things, plus you can tell he really does want to help people around the forums.

Unfortunately, unlike the real world, forums don't allow for that. Heck, even the real world does the whole 'all voices must be heard' thing now. Admin are the only ones who can remove anyone. Not members nor even us mods. This forum MIGHT (see if it's in your settings) allow you to add names to 'ignore'.

In the real world I'd probably end up attempting to pound their heads of the table.

As per other posts of mine you can try and engage in a back and forth more. There have been a few times where it's seemed you've taken a stance and refuse point blank to accept another view regardless. See my comment about how you've done round table discussions back in the day so how that's kinda ironic.

Good points. yet, like with any business -- if you want to succeed, you get rid of the dead weight and the disruptive forces. If not, you're headed for failure. Hey, I even see it in my city, the thugs are taking over so -- guess what -- the people who pay the most in taxes are moving out. Then the city goes into the toilet. That's how it works.

As far as me not taking opposition well, I'd ask for an example. Seriously. One example. I can't think of a single time I took offense or insulted anyone for having an opposing point of view.

Now , what I DO NOT take well is insults, barbs, taunts, talking shit, irresponsible advice or erroneous information. And even then I won't insult the person delivering it UNLESS, they are disrespectful first. Then, the gloves come off. That's how I've always rolled and I know that attitude gets twisted into me being "difficult." But I get it. Let me give you another example.

I've been on message boards for all sorts of stuff. I wrote for newpapers, political journals and several music magazines and they all have message boards. . And there's always somebody starting shit. And whats' interesting is that whoever starts a fight usually wins because if they're ignored, nothing happens. But if someone responds, they THEY are the ones escalating the fight and THEY are the one who usually take the blame -- even though it's the antagonist who is entirely in the wrong.

One more example -- you may not know who he is but there's this guy Jeff Berlin who is certainly one of the greatest living bass guitarists. He can be gruff, but he's brilliant and obviously would have a ton of insight to offer anyone interested in learning more about music. Well, he went on a popular bass guitar forum, and he bucked a few accepted concepts and sure enough, some members started giving him crap. The mods allowed it because they were "respected members" (i.e. part of the clique). Well, Jeff fired back at them since he was in no mood to put up with childish nonsense. And guess what happened? HE GOT BANNED! That, to me, is like having Babe Ruth agree to play on your softball team and then benching him because he missed batting practice. It was more important to the administrators that they enforce their rules than to actually help the community.

Moral of the story. Some people offer more value than others. That doesn't mean everyone doesn't deserve their right to speak their mind. But when some little shitbag wants to feel like a big shot by pissing on someone with some cred, that nonsense must be nipped in the bud, otherwise everyone loses.

And sometimes, everyone loses.

- - - Updated - - -

Nelson I'm on the sidelines, you dont think you should at least apologize for leaving the forums? with all the respect you get you should stick by us, those who read and don't respond. I read all the threads daily at work but rarely post. I felt almost insulted the way you stormed off, I truly truly have deep respect for you.

Nelson I'm on the sidelines, you dont think you should at least apologize for leaving the forums? with all the respect you get you should stick by us, those who read and don't respond. I read all the threads daily at work but rarely post. I felt almost insulted the way you stormed off, I truly truly have deep respect for you.

Why, if someone wants to go, do they need to say sorry? Cos you wanted them to stay? It sounds very millennial... 'my feelings were hurt cos you left'? And because you happened to read threads?? C'mon.

Flip it around. You leave (or decide to). Do YOU say sorry but I'm off. It's not like dying. It's just a forum.

Why, if someone wants to go, do they need to say sorry? Cos you wanted them to stay? It sounds very millennial... 'my feelings were hurt cos you left'? And because you happened to read threads?? C'mon.

Flip it around. You leave (or decide to). Do YOU say sorry but I'm off. It's not like dying. It's just a forum.

I have to agree a million percent with mobster

Good points. yet, like with any business -- if you want to succeed, you get rid of the dead weight and the disruptive forces. If not, you're headed for failure. Hey, I even see it in my city, the thugs are taking over so -- guess what -- the people who pay the most in taxes are moving out. Then the city goes into the toilet. That's how it works.

As far as me not taking opposition well, I'd ask for an example. Seriously. One example. I can't think of a single time I took offense or insulted anyone for having an opposing point of view.

Now , what I DO NOT take well is insults, barbs, taunts, talking shit, irresponsible advice or erroneous information. And even then I won't insult the person delivering it UNLESS, they are disrespectful first. Then, the gloves come off. That's how I've always rolled and I know that attitude gets twisted into me being "difficult." But I get it. Let me give you another example.

I've been on message boards for all sorts of stuff. I wrote for newpapers, political journals and several music magazines and they all have message boards. . And there's always somebody starting shit. And whats' interesting is that whoever starts a fight usually wins because if they're ignored, nothing happens. But if someone responds, they THEY are the ones escalating the fight and THEY are the one who usually take the blame -- even though it's the antagonist who is entirely in the wrong.

One more example -- you may not know who he is but there's this guy Jeff Berlin who is certainly one of the greatest living bass guitarists. He can be gruff, but he's brilliant and obviously would have a ton of insight to offer anyone interested in learning more about music. Well, he went on a popular bass guitar forum, and he bucked a few accepted concepts and sure enough, some members started giving him crap. The mods allowed it because they were "respected members" (i.e. part of the clique). Well, Jeff fired back at them since he was in no mood to put up with childish nonsense. And guess what happened? HE GOT BANNED! That, to me, is like having Babe Ruth agree to play on your softball team and then benching him because he missed batting practice. It was more important to the administrators that they enforce their rules than to actually help the community.

Moral of the story. Some people offer more value than others. That doesn't mean everyone doesn't deserve their right to speak their mind. But when some little shitbag wants to feel like a big shot by pissing on someone with some cred, that nonsense must be nipped in the bud, otherwise everyone loses.

And sometimes, everyone loses.

I posted some points in previous threads. Maybe you left before seeing them.

Take my point earlier - have you looked at the settings and seen if you can add BM to your ignore list? Did you contact admin (as I said just today only they can remove posts etc etc) and ask for BM to be banned and if you did what was their reply?

Take my point earlier - have you looked at the settings and seen if you can add BM to your ignore list? Did you contact admin (as I said just today only they can remove posts etc etc) and ask for BM to be banned and if you did what was their reply?

It was BM's quick thinking that got that Nelson come back thread going that convinced Nelson to come back in the first place. BM should be praised for that. I see a mod-ship in his near future

It was BM's quick thinking that got that Nelson come back thread going that convinced Nelson to come back in the first place. BM should be praised for that. I see a mod-ship in his near future

He needed a whipping boy and only the best would do lol. However, I do agree that he's started to up his game. For example, he stopped asking for gas to drive his truck to peoples places. Getting all classy ha ha

That had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the "ignore" thing. That just means I don't see his response but everyone else does. It's not like I'm offended by what he says. It's the fact that he disrupts the message , and if that happens I need to be aware of it.

As for the banning -- I'll leave that to the administration. It'll be their decision. They can keep him as long as they want. All I'm saying is that I'm not going to tolerate bullshit.

He needed a whipping boy and only the best would do lol. However, I do agree that he's started to up his game. For example, he stopped asking for gas to drive his truck to peoples places. Getting all classy ha ha

Here is the thread I was talking about that got Nelson to come back https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/petition-bring-nelson-back-forum-79367.html

good job by BodyMonster on that. without that thread + his apology no way Nelson comes back at all.

Okay, now you're kinda being an asshole.

Nelson, some guys have views contrary to yours, it doesn't mean they are assholes. I think Jason believes that thread helped you come back.

Nelson, some guys have views contrary to yours, it doesn't mean they are assholes. I think Jason believes that thread helped you come back.

That's not a different point of view. It's being a passive aggressive dick. He's said several times that "It's good that I apologized" when he knows I did no such thing and had no reason to. I also told him THREE TIMES that that thread had nothing to do with my returning and he keeps making a point to insist it did. Right...like I was waiting for approval from BodyMonster. This is the the type of taunting bullshit I can't stand. He's probably 800 pound Gorilla with another account. The M.O. is exactly the same.

It's already happening.

Back
Top Bottom