Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you guys train ?

hateraid

Registered
How do you guys training ??

Back in the day i was pushing my self hard and heavy. But after lower back problems and shoulder pain. Do i keep things easy,,... I dont lift heavy now. I just love to get the pump. Think i do 12-16 reps an all exercises and sometimes i do 30 reps +
This way i can train around my pain and still make progres.

I train for strength and go heavy 4 (of my 6) training days a week. I'm getting pretty old and it's taking its toll on me though. I will eventually transition to lower weight and higher volume training

I train for 6 weeks doing 4 sets of 6-8, so pretty heavy, then for a week I do less weight higher rep super sets, then for a week I do pyramid so super heavy low reps, then another week of super setting, then I start it over again (in a nutshell)

4 days a week. Every body part twice a week. Four body parts per day. 3 exercises per day per body part. Usually 2 of them done in a compound set. I run, swim, chase my kids around, and ride dirt bikes for cardio.

Currently on a 5 day split.
M: Back, rear delts, bis
T: Chest, Shoulders (presses & flys), tris
W: legs (quad focus)
Th: rest
Fri: Chest, shoulder, tris, bis (everything light, 4 sets of 20-30)
Sat: legs (glute focus)
Sun: rest

Calves or abs every day

I train for strength and go heavy 4 (of my 6) training days a week. I'm getting pretty old and it's taking its toll on me though. I will eventually transition to lower weight and higher volume training

I do what PON does still. The taking my foot of the gas time is coming... but not yet.

How do you guys training ??

Back in the day i was pushing my self hard and heavy. But after lower back problems and shoulder pain. Do i keep things easy,,... I dont lift heavy now. I just love to get the pump. Think i do 12-16 reps an all exercises and sometimes i do 30 reps +
This way i can train around my pain and still make progres.

our bodies will get wear and tear

yeah all of us vets used to 'train hard and heavy'.. when you get many years under your belt reality sets in. you younger guys need to train smarter or you will end up with discs that are 10-20 years older than you are

I still train very heavy at 45, but my training has adapted a bit. I used to do low volume high intensity training to failure at very heavy weights. My body cant keep up with that anymore, so I've adapted to more of a volume based approach...still with very heavy sets at or close to failure

6 to 15 reps. I do not train just one way. I do a mixture of heavy low reps with lighter high reps. When going heavy I listen to my body and do what feels good for that day. It does not benefit anyone if we get injured because we wanted to lift heavy.

My only, currently, high rep sets are those where I have zero choice cos I'm maxing out all the weight on the machine. Or, as per one arm dumbbell rows (90kg/198lbs) there are no heavier dumbbells. So I did 15 reps

My only, currently, high rep sets are those where I have zero choice cos I'm maxing out all the weight on the machine. Or, as per one arm dumbbell rows (90kg/198lbs) there are no heavier dumbbells. So I did 15 reps

You are a beast!

how you train comes down to your goals, wants and needs for YOUR body etc... everyone is different in all of these areas...

Piramidal, 15-12-10-8-6 reps, from moderate to heavy, ... as older now, training smart, no risks, listening my body, injury free...

I used to train for powerlifting/strongman. Now, so as to avoid further injuries (current injuries from high speed car accident), I train high volume, 20+ reps and 5-10 sets per exercise, with a lot of focus on muscle contraction. For the compound movements, I use a moderate weight between 315-405

I don't pyramid or progressive overload, I pick a weight and get it done... I also don't don't do any warmups - straight off the bat straight to work set number 1. As far as routine goes, I don't have one, nothing is set in stone, I train based how I feel, and what I see in the mirror... meaning some weeks I may not train legs at all, and I may hit chest or arms 5 days in a row.

Back
Top Bottom