Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How I got to one arm Dumbbell Hammer Curl 200lbs and more

Mobster

Staff
VIP
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
Kinda crazy right? I did a recent event with a bunch of arm wrestling dudes and that connection means a pic of me wearing an event T-Shirt (only took 3 fkin weeks to arrive - and the dude only lives 40 minutes away) Hammer Curling a 90-kilos/198lbs dumbbell has blown up. As in the MOST likes ever on my Insta. It's a screengrab from a short video (also up now) of me doing it for reps. Now what's even more mad is that 1) I posted a pic of me doing this before and 2) I've actually done a 100-kilos/220lbs for 4 reps!

Now how did I get to be able to do crazy sh*t like that? And is there anything you can take from it (psst... yes)

In simple terms time and effort.
For the time read YEARS. Like DECADES. Most here will, as per a line from a movie 'I dunno about you but that's more time than I'm prepared to put it'. But, as I have told the younger newbies at the gym, if I aint that strong after all this time then what the f**k have I been doing all that time?

Effort can be broken down a little. I have ZERO ISSUE with adding a few pounds. Sometimes 1lb. I could literally stay at the same rep range and add 1lb a week for MONTHS. Even my recent curling efforts amount to taking about a month between weight jumps. You can also adapt not just the muscle but the tendons and bones. Even, with the bigger dumbbells, some of the rest of the body has to adapt to heaving (and it ain't a strict curl lol) 200lbs on one side of the body.

Effort is also the grind. Just week after week of hard application of effort. It's not sexy when you inform people on Insta that gains take TIME.

You can argue genetics etc etc if you like. And there might be some truth to a fella with smaller wrists and shorter height not doing it but I had ZERO idea I'd do this when I started.

Recent training vs the day
I've been holding back with a view to hitting big numbers at the end of the year. So it's been Hammer Curls: 18.5lbs x 12 reps, 47lbs x 12 reps and finally 108lbs or so x 8-12 reps. On the day I went 10kg/22lbs x 12 and added 10kg at a time slowly decreasing the reps. So 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and then 90. 70 I think I did 2 sets cos we were trying to photograph it vs using a video.

The aftermath...
Friday night reading in bed and both brachial muscles cramped like a mofo! Ha ha

That my friend is dedication and maximum effort, discipline to the max,well done brother

Thanks. I was inspired back in the day in part by the Ultimate Orange ads. 'Before' 120lbs, after '145lbs' lol

you mean you didn't just hop on gear at 19 'like ahnold did' and the next day were doing it?

but sarcasm aside, the strongest gym rat type dudes in the gym are 50 somethings for a reason. years of doing it and training your body, consistency, and goal setting. the tortoise beats the hare everytime. although i don't lift heavy anymore, when did i was a helluva lot stronger at 35 then i was at 25 or 30. hours in the gym make you better, same goes for playing chess, flying a plane, or skateboarding. welcome to life. a cat who grew up on the streets is gonna be better at catching rats then a cat who goes outside for the first time at 15 years old

it also shows how dedicated mobster is at improving via all the ups and downs he has gone through in his life (we've discussed it with each other personally and i won't get into it obviously) but mobster has been through a lot just like everyone else has. the difference is he never quit

Last edited:
Stevemi is on point as per. I've described my journey as no different to any other 'master' of a chosen activity. The line is usually something like 'the 10000 hour rule'. It being that long to become a chest master, a prima ballerina etc.

Mobster is a true evolutionary.org champion period
thats why you can do it mobster, because you're a champion at heart

200 pounds is crazy, i don't even have those in my gym

Most gyms in this country don't either. A few have heavier

- - - Updated - - -

Mobster hammer curls YOU many guys under 200lbs, remember mobster can hammer curl you lol

At expos I've picked up guys by their belts lol

Back
Top Bottom