Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to incorporate deadlifting?

saleen556

Buff Brother
You guys that have been deadilfting do you do it on leg day or Back? I am beginning to do deadlifts to thicken my back and am doing them in my back workout. I know it works many of the same muscles as squats so would like opinions. I also would like to see what kind of back workout some of you are doing.

I always slap mine first thing on my pull day (back/bis). Incredible workout for your entire body but it'll strengthen and thicken your back like none other.

Current Routine:
Deads - 3x8-10
BB Row - 3x8-10
Weighted Pullups - 3x10-12
Shrugs - 3x8-10

I always slap mine first thing on my pull day (back/bis). Incredible workout for your entire body but it'll strengthen and thicken your back like none other.

Current Routine:
Deads - 3x8-10
BB Row - 3x8-10
Shrugs - 3x8-10

Thanks. I see you do traps with back as well. I do the same thing and it works well. I just went back to doing BB rows and forgot how well they work.

Current Routine:
Deads - 3x8-10
BB Row - 3x8-10
Shrugs - 3x8-10

Thanks. I see you do traps with back as well. I do the same thing and it works well. I just went back to doing BB rows and forgot how well they work.

Well deadlifts hit traps really hard so it's pointless to throw them on another day lol. BB row is my favorite, expecially how light it feels after doing deads.

Deadlift. Start light for a warm up
Weighted wide grip pull-ups
Low cable rows
Shrugs
Then it's either bicep or ab work

I rotate when I do my deads but never on leg day. Right now, I'm doing them with front and rear delts. I am doing shrugs on a different day then deads and my traps are growing like a weed. If you think BB rows are awesome you should check out pendlay rows, they are far superior to bb rows.

I do deads on my pull day as well. And it's always the first exercise. From time to time I'll throw in stiff leg deadlifts on leg days. I have noticed the stretch across my glutes and hamstrings keeps everything from getting too tight. And it seems to help my legs keep growing!

I always do them on leg days:

Deads
Squats
Weighted lunges
Calves

I don't do heavy legs. I usually do 3 sets 15 reps of the above routine.

I do heavy Deadlifts followed by 5 sets of 10 squats for accessory work. On squat days, I follow my working sets with 5 sets of 10 Deadlifts. Ab work follows on both days as well.

Wendler's 5/3/1 Boring But Big protocol. I love it.

I have been thinking about adding some DL into my routine. Never really did them before. I have noticed alot more guys doing them at the gym these days.. Alot more now than I use to see in the past.

I have been thinking about adding some DL into my routine. Never really did them before. I have noticed alot more guys doing them at the gym these days.. Alot more now than I use to see in the past.

Real men deadlift.

841854e2a224dfa5a269428887e829ac.jpg

I go heavy on my leg days

and do some light reps on my pull days.. don't forget to hit the lower back on your pull days too.. roman chairs work well. a lot of guys only work their mid and upper backs and neglect lower back.. not smart!

a lot of gyms I have visited do not have mats for deadlifts so you gotta get creative and grab a bar and find an open spot to do them or you need to find a real gym. its absolute horseshit how many gyms do not provide necessary equipment to work your legs properly, you just cannot use machines to get in a strong leg workout.

a lot of gyms I have visited do not have mats for deadlifts so you gotta get creative and grab a bar and find an open spot to do them or you need to find a real gym. its absolute horseshit how many gyms do not provide necessary equipment to work your legs properly, you just cannot use machines to get in a strong leg workout.

I'm pretty fortunate to have two gyms that have adequate space for good equipment. I just got back to training serious the beginning of the year and always start back day with some hyper extensions to get blood in and loosen up my lower back. I have decided to start DL to thicken up my lower and mid back. I have good traps so that's not an issue. Just looking for that depth in my back that I think it's missing.

Thanks guys for the advice

A question to the serious deadlifters, do you ever take time off from deadlifting? I change my workouts up about every 6 weeks but I always deadlift. Just curious if you you think you need a break from it?

A question to the serious deadlifters, do you ever take time off from deadlifting? I change my workouts up about every 6 weeks but I always deadlift. Just curious if you you think you need a break from it?

I go back and forth between squatting, cleans, and deads. but if I start lagging in any of them I will focus on them for a bit more than the others

Negative. It's one of the building blocks to my training. As long as you're training with sub-maximal loads and proper form, you'll continue to progress and smash through plateaus. Too many guys are constantly trying to max out on deads and they either burn out or get injured.

Back day for me, my deadlift routine is probably a bit much for most.

4 x 8 warm up, ramp up then;

4 sets, 4,3,2,1(sometimes 2 reps depending on how I feel) 385x2 is max so far with mixed grip.

Back
Top Bottom