Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do you warmup?

Chox

Registered
How much time to warm up you think is good? I usually spend 12-15 minutes with that – I move around all the joints – neck, shoulders, elbows, etc. And do some mild stretching. Do you think that is enough, or maybe even excessive?

^^^ No, a 12-15 minute warmup period is not at all excessive. However long it takes for you to feel as though your body is "now" ready for a rigorous training session is a very individualized matter.

I think that is fine, especially if you start each exercise later on with a light weight as an additional warm up. I will usually spend the same time for warming up for weight training. For cardio (running) I will just walk slowly to the place where I run, there I will run slowly, and then do sprints before going home. For things like boxing, I will spend at least 30 minutes warming up, as it is really easy to injure the elbows there.

Baring in mind my reply just now re warm up sets in the other thread I usually just do some stretching before actually touching a bar but, again as before, I warm up real light.

I usually take around the same amount of time to warm-up.

I would Caution you on the Stretching.

Dynamic Stretching is OK for a Warm-up ~ Static Stretching can lead to injury.................... JP
P.S.
Static Stretching is good Post-Workout.

I go hard on the elliptical for 20 minutes before I lift......I will be completely wet from the intensity, and that will warm me up 100% for intense fast paced weight training following the warm up

Sounds good to me.

You should warm up however long it takes you to get both mentally and physically warm.

It really depends on where you live. Here in Canada, in the winter months I warm up a good 15-20 minutes. It's brutally cold outside to it takes a while for me to raise my internal core body temperature.

In the summer - I only warm up 5-10 minutes.

I would always air on the side of caution. Better to warm up slightly longer then necessary then risk an injury

I assume that moving around all the joints, doing some pushups and little stuff is good enough for warming up?

It is whatever you need to get loose. I don't do any cardio before training but just do warm up sets before exercising each muscle. I do stretch when I wake up and right before bed.

Who's got time to warm up lol

If you've got time to post... insert that famous YT video (black woman... I aint got time for that ha ha)

Back
Top Bottom