Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Nutrition question Protein + Fiber

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Hypothetical Nutrition question Protein + Fiber

So, I am in my offseason unintentional bulk. Just enjoying food at the moment. Lately, I've been heading back towards more healthy options.

I myself an endomorphic and have always been. I have an iron stomach and rarely if ever get an upset digestive tract. More often than not it is simply slow.
    I have desk job and if I am inactive I can easily go a day or two without a BM. (Sorry TMI). Just the act of going to the gum daily cleanses me.

I have added fiber and better quality protein back to my diet. My question is when consuming more fiber are you losing the opportunity to digest and process proteins?
    So for example, oatmeal with added scoops of protein powder. Due to the fiber it feels like it going to pass thru the system quicker. Does that mean I will get less absorption of the protein?

What do you all think?

Thanks.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    no it is quite the opposite

as humans the way our stomach's work is we depend on water and fiber. most of our body is made up of water, even our bones, skin and other things you would never expect

when you eat a 'bodybuilder' style diet you are not only not getting enough fiber and water, but you are also creating a domino effect. a simple solution for everyone? when you eat 'quality protein' as you put it you either stick to organs and bone marrow or you better be eating fruit and watery veggies with your meals

also not having a bowel movement for 2 days is NOT normal. you should aim to be having a bowel movement after every meal and they should be controlled. otherwise your gut is off. poor gut health is an epidemic and there are ways to repair the gut. the best way to atleast control your gut issues is prolong fasting long enough where you shut down your digsetive system so that cells can repair and your gut biome can die off and come back stronger. if you have never done that before you should do a 5 or 6 day fast. i just did a 6 day and my bowel movement shut down after day 2. that gave me 3 or 4 days of gut repair.

also as you mentioned in another thread eat real whole foods, stay away from processed junk and refined sugars/oils. stick to low FODMAP foods, avoid foods that our bodies cannot digest, etc. when you eat bad things it throws your gut health off even more and more. gut health is so important, it is the brain of our body. this is why IIFYM is so dumb. nobody wants to talk about this because it isn't something you can see in the mirror so so many meathead bro scientists ignore it and think it doesn't exist but it is the #1 thing. and here is the reality. the worst your gut health the harder it is to absorb your vitamins and minerals. and if you can't get in those vitamins and minerals then you cannot produce testosterone. this is why so many have to go on TRT cause they fucked up their gut health. every single IIFYM person you see on social media pushing that bullshit is on TRT for a reason. their guts are fried https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3601187/
    Last edited by stevesmi; 11-12-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    no it is quite the opposite

as humans the way our stomach's work is we depend on water and fiber. most of our body is made up of water, even our bones, skin and other things you would never expect

when you eat a 'bodybuilder' style diet you are not only not getting enough fiber and water, but you are also creating a domino effect. a simple solution for everyone? when you eat 'quality protein' as you put it you either stick to organs and bone marrow or you better be eating fruit and watery veggies with your meals

also not having a bowel movement for 2 days is NOT normal. you should aim to be having a bowel movement after every meal and they should be controlled. otherwise your gut is off. poor gut health is an epidemic and there are ways to repair the gut. the best way to atleast control your gut issues is prolong fasting long enough where you shut down your digsetive system so that cells can repair and your gut biome can die off and come back stronger. if you have never done that before you should do a 5 or 6 day fast. i just did a 6 day and my bowel movement shut down after day 2. that gave me 3 or 4 days of gut repair.

also as you mentioned in another thread eat real whole foods, stay away from processed junk and refined sugars/oils. stick to low FODMAP foods, avoid foods that our bodies cannot digest, etc. when you eat bad things it throws your gut health off even more and more. gut health is so important, it is the brain of our body. this is why IIFYM is so dumb. nobody wants to talk about this because it isn't something you can see in the mirror so so many meathead bro scientists ignore it and think it doesn't exist but it is the #1 thing. and here is the reality. the worst your gut health the harder it is to absorb your vitamins and minerals. and if you can't get in those vitamins and minerals then you cannot produce testosterone. this is why so many have to go on TRT cause they fucked up their gut health. every single IIFYM person you see on social media pushing that bullshit is on TRT for a reason. their guts are fried https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3601187/
    Isnít it true our bodies donít really digest red meat all that well ?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrizzy50. View Post
    Isnít it true our bodies donít really digest red meat all that well ?
    the muscle part of the animal is too dry to digest well when cooked. the raw muscle part is only 50-60% water and when cooked that drops in half. it is important to eat mostly organ, bone marrow and fat from the animal.. which is the parts we throw out lol

if you ate nothing but steak and just ate the muscle parts and threw everything else out you would get stopped up in no time. this is why people with crohns who eat red meat can end up in the hospital and why people who survive in the bush off just red meat which is extremely plentiful end up so constipated that they have to be evacuated for emergency procedures on their anus. the smart bushman who get large kills know to eat the organs and fat from the animal

like this weekend i'm gonna probably eat a steak on the grill, but i will make sure i get the fattiest cut they have and cook it medium with a lot of salad and fruit with it and of course water. you need that fiber if you eat something like that
    Last edited by stevesmi; 11-12-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So even though the fat content is higher itís better to eat fatty or meet then letís say the sirloin because I always eat sirloin

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrizzy50. View Post
    So even though the fat content is higher itís better to eat fatty or meet then letís say the sirloin because I always eat sirloin
    yes fattier cuts of meat are cheaper but they are more healthy. a tbone for example you should save the bone and throw it in a crock pot and make bone broth. that is incredible collagen and nutrition to repair those joints and soft tissues

also it is important that the animal was eating a natural diet and in the sun. the amount of nutrition in grassfed beef is far superior then your run of the mill walmart meats. so pay more for the grassfed everytime. atleast eat step 4 beef and step 3 poultry. walmart meats are step 1. you will taste the difference everytime and even feel better after eating it

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Here's the short answer.

Too much proein can be constipating. Fiber helps. Fiber also has no calories helps remove fat. And oatmeal is a lousy protein source.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDaddy View Post
    So, I am in my offseason unintentional bulk. Just enjoying food at the moment. Lately, I've been heading back towards more healthy options.

I myself an endomorphic and have always been. I have an iron stomach and rarely if ever get an upset digestive tract. More often than not it is simply slow.
    I have desk job and if I am inactive I can easily go a day or two without a BM. (Sorry TMI). Just the act of going to the gum daily cleanses me.

I have added fiber and better quality protein back to my diet. My question is when consuming more fiber are you losing the opportunity to digest and process proteins?
    So for example, oatmeal with added scoops of protein powder. Due to the fiber it feels like it going to pass thru the system quicker. Does that mean I will get less absorption of the protein?

What do you all think?

Thanks.
    Combining fiber and protein wont lower absorption, it will slow down the protein absorption so that's actually a good thing.

You should add more than just regular psyllium husk, add detox fibers like apple pectin etc and pre-pro biotics (notice I said pre also). Prebiotics feed probiotics.

Overall I like to see under 150grams of carbs, all low GI, higher protein from healthy sources as Steve said (cook it yourself) and a lot of healthy fats.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bros protein will absorb no matter the fiber
    just drink a lot more water and more fiber imo

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    ROIDDERS SAYS > eat more fiber you will absorb more protein its like counter intuitive but true , clean gut more protein absorbed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast