Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury mid cycle/blast

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Injury mid cycle/blast

I hate questions that start off "asking for a friend" but I have a friend/training partner who is in a situation where he is uncertain what to do.

Like me he was on doc prescribed TRT but started self administering to save money and have more control over his own health. He sticks with a true TRT dose of about 100mg week but he does blast a couple times a year.

He is about 3 weeks into a blast of 300mg Test, 600mg eq and 40mg Tbol and thinks he pulled a muscle in his upper back earlier this week. Because of the location of the injury he can't really lift at all and will probably be out for a week or two to heal.

Would it be best to just cut the blast short and drop back to TRT dose until he can hit the gym hard again or is a couple weeks off not a huge deal? He would be dropping the Tbol in a couple weeks anyway but was going to run the high test and eq for 12 weeks.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I am no expert... but I would suggest dropping back to TRT since he is only 3 weeks in... then blasting once he is fully recovered.

If he can't lift for a week or two... then he probably won't lift at peak performance for a month or two... so best to wait until fully recovered.

Just my opinion.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OUNick28 View Post
    I am no expert... but I would suggest dropping back to TRT since he is only 3 weeks in... then blasting once he is fully recovered.

If he can't lift for a week or two... then he probably won't lift at peak performance for a month or two... so best to wait until fully recovered.

Just my opinion.
    That was my thought as well and my suggestion to him. I have been on TRT for 2 years and plan on running my first blast in a few months when I get to about 12% body fat. I would want to be able to give 100% effort the full length of my blast to get the most out of it.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo77 View Post
    That was my thought as well and my suggestion to him. I have been on TRT for 2 years and plan on running my first blast in a few months when I get to about 12% body fat. I would want to be able to give 100% effort the full length of my blast to get the most out of it.
    Plus it is important to remember that you are abnormally strong when you are blasting. Thus, you are more susceptible to injuries to your joints while blasting. Therefore, if you get injured on cycle (depending on the injury) you could have a greater chance of further injuring yourself with your heightened strength and intensity.

I personally always take it easy if I get any injury while on cycle.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I would personally drop back to trt dose and wait till recover to start going again

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    this early in, its a lot easier to stop it... if you are looking at more than a week being unable to lift, i would stop and go back to trt dosing

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    if he wants to heal he needs to simply rest.

and yes might as well drop the dose. people are too obsessed with 'losing gains'.. you will lose MORE GAINS long term by trying to push through an injury while on gear. that pull will turn into a tear and need surgery. then he will be out months
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma HGH

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    If it's just a 'week or two' I'd stay on cycle. Any longer and I'd end it and go back to TRT.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It really depends on the severity of the injury and how much it impacts training.
    Contact me on Wickr Me mobile messaging app (cbbram) for 1 on 1 consultations for PED sources, questions, and cycle advice.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I would address the whole injury first. Stopping this early wont be too bad of an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast