Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin needles

UNIT

Registered
something i just realized is that when injecting oils it has always been recommended that everyone should change to a new needle for injection after drawing from vial

but what about insulin needles...? do they need to be changed after drawing as well

something i just realized is that when injecting oils it has always been recommended that everyone should change to a new needle for injection after drawing from vial

but what about insulin needles...? do they need to be changed after drawing as well
I would . If nothing else it fills the needle when you use it to draw. And as cheap as needles are there's no reason not to use a new one .

Good question. It's crossed my mind until now. I'd imagine we're suppose to swap em to minimize ges and infection but to each is own.

I would . If nothing else it fills the needle when you use it to draw. And as cheap as needles are there's no reason not to use a new one .

the only problem is i dont know any places that sell insulin syringes with removable needles

the only problem is i dont know any places that sell insulin syringes with removable needles
I don't think they do but he'll you can buy 100 pack for around 25 bks. Or cheaper . Amazon is easy to order from and you get in about 3 days usually .

You don't need to change insulin needle, it's pretty sharp. I used to draw from IGF-1LR3 vial and inject with the same pin no problem.

Yes. They're even more likely to blunt

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should not inject oils with tiny needles

That's not what's being implied. He's talking about using the smaller needles for insulin

don't draw with the needle, back fill it

Please DO NOT do this! You’re opening yourself up to a huge increase in the risk of infection. Simply draw with the needle then inject. Don’t expose the oil to the open air.

I’ve been pinning with insulin needles ED for the past 6 weeks with ZERO problems.

Please DO NOT do this! You’re opening yourself up to a huge increase in the risk of infection. Simply draw with the needle then inject. Don’t expose the oil to the open air.

I’ve been pinning with insulin needles ED for the past 6 weeks with ZERO problems.

when you breathe you are exposing yourself to open air. let's be a little less paranoid about this sort of thing. if you are in a sterile location it would not matter. if you are in a gym locker room then yes we should be very very careful. but in a clean environment it is okay to expose a syringe to some air, i promise you won't die. when you switch out a needle on a 3CC syringe and twist it off aren't you exposed the oil to air too? what is the difference?

what i am saying is pop it off from the back and fill it, then pop back in. obviously in a sterile environment it is fine.

when you breathe you are exposing yourself to open air. let's be a little less paranoid about this sort of thing. if you are in a sterile location it would not matter. if you are in a gym locker room then yes we should be very very careful. but in a clean environment it is okay to expose a syringe to some air, i promise you won't die. when you switch out a needle on a 3CC syringe and twist it off aren't you exposed the oil to air too? what is the difference?

what i am saying is pop it off from the back and fill it, then pop back in. obviously in a sterile environment it is fine.

But why increase the risk? Just because you can’t wait for the syringe to fill normally!? We’re suppose to be advocating the use of PED as safely as possible.

I have personally never used an insulin needle. But I switch out with everything else

But why increase the risk? Just because you can’t wait for the syringe to fill normally!? We’re suppose to be advocating the use of PED as safely as possible.

Again, I still think the OP was referring to Insulin with Insulin pins

I don't actually think you are increasing the risk man. like i said breathe in and out deeply, you just inhaled air. if you are in a gym locker room near the toilet yes that is increasing risk, if you are at home in a sterile environment then i promise there is zero safety issues. if you google backfilling is done in the medical community and isn't anything dangerous. the #1 thing people should do is have a fresh needle, that is the safety concern

Back
Top Bottom