Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting read on Keto Diet

E32038

EVO V.I.P.
Journal of Sports Medicine & Physical Fitness reports some findings regarding the keto diet and the negative impacts it has on fitness. Being in true ketosis is more difficult than these "keto dieters" think. I've heard someone at my gym talk about going into ketosis after 24 hrs of fasting. Although that may be possible, the second they eat again (more than 30g of carbs) then they are out of ketosis again.

https://furthermore.equinox.com/art...&utm_medium=partnership&utm_campaign=CNN-july

I've been on it for about 3 months, just protein and fats, no carbs at all. It was very hard to maintain this lifestyle. Low energy level and crazy cravings for some carbs. After about one month I started sweating ammonia and my urine was a weird murky color. Was happy to get off keto and never looked back.

I've been on it for about 3 months, just protein and fats, no carbs at all. It was very hard to maintain this lifestyle. Low energy level and crazy cravings for some carbs. After about one month I started sweating ammonia and my urine was a weird murky color. Was happy to get off keto and never looked back.

Yea, I think it's good in small doses. I did it for a couple weeks. Now, I just do IF and up to 48hr fasts once a week.

nice bro, thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

definitely not for everyone, thats for sure... i could never do it... anytime ive ever tried to do low carb i have hated the world, no energy etc... its very very difficult to maintain... some people can function just fine that way but many cannot... you just have to try it out and find what works for you individually.. i definitely cannot do it though...

I followed a CKD for my contest and I got a good result but yes you cannot maintain this diet for long periods of time better is carb cycling and maybe 3-day keto 4 days low carb or IF would be the best option with carb cycling currently I follow carb cycling with fasting

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

I guess the problem that I have with that sisir is it takes about 3 day to fully get there. If I'm going to get there, I'd like to stay there for a couple days. I don't want to hit ketosis then jump right out. I mean, sure fasting that long has great health benefits anyway but if your goal is ketosis then I personally would want to hang out there a bit. But I like your idea, I would just keep in ketosis slightly longer.

I guess the problem that I have with that sisir is it takes about 3 day to fully get there. If I'm going to get there, I'd like to stay there for a couple days. I don't want to hit ketosis then jump right out. I mean, sure fasting that long has great health benefits anyway but if your goal is ketosis then I personally would want to hang out there a bit. But I like your idea, I would just keep in ketosis slightly longer.
Yes, sir, my diet looks like that -high carb, low carb ,fasting( rest day) high carb , low carb, fasting, fasting then Sunday high carb

Yes, sir, my diet looks like that -high carb, low carb ,fasting( rest day) high carb , low carb, fasting, fasting then Sunday high carb

Thanks man. I plan on trying carb cycling for my next cycle. I've never done it before.

this is 100% correct

i've been saying this for 3 years on here and everyone always wants to argue with me lol

you can get ketone strips and test this theory out yourself

the only way to truly get in and STAY in ketosis is fasting. you aren't going to stay in keto eating steak and chicken all day lol

now having said this you don't have to be in ketosis everyday for life to lose fat, that is another myth. but what i'm saying is fasting is much more simpler than trying to achieve ketosis via foods. and the idea behind Keto is actually really good, but as has been said many times by me people just fail at it. you can make a pancake using all keto ingredients, but have 1 thing wrong and completely fuck it up is my point

I do not understand this fascination with reaching true ketosis. It isn't some miracle. I use fasting when trying to lose fat. To me, just live an overall healthy lifestyle and that is better than any fad diet.

I do not understand this fascination with reaching true ketosis. It isn't some miracle. I use fasting when trying to lose fat. To me, just live an overall healthy lifestyle and that is better than any fad diet.

I think for some, you are right Masonic, it is a fad. But some of us have also lived this way awhile already and being in ketosis and not even realizing it. I fit into that boat. When I read about it all, I was like holy shit..I've been doing that forever.

Back
Top Bottom