Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

intermittent fasting and steroids

cylvester

Registered
I have been doing intermittent fasting for a while now, it is a lifestyle and it completely changed my health and physique. i eat in a 4 hour window daily and fast 20 hours. my question is i haven't used steroids while intermittent fasting, the last time i used gear was 2015. would cycling now interfere with the benefits i am getting fasting or not?

cycling steroids would interfere in any lifestyle or diet.

with intermittent fasting you still will get a lot of benefits even while on steroids but yes some of the benefits will be lessened. my advice is once you stop the steroids and pct, then at some point come off EVERYTHING across the board and just do a regular water fast and that will give you the max benefits of fasting

I have been doing intermittent fasting for a while now, it is a lifestyle and it completely changed my health and physique. i eat in a 4 hour window daily and fast 20 hours. my question is i haven't used steroids while intermittent fasting, the last time i used gear was 2015. would cycling now interfere with the benefits i am getting fasting or not?

ive never thought that intermittent fasting was suitable for steroid use etc... some will argue against that but i generally dont recommend it to anyone on cycle...

just to be clear, i never said not to do IF while on steroids. i merely said some of the benefits of IF would be lost because you are using steroids. steroids are serious hormones and effect the bodies hormones and organs in a very specific way that no diet can offset. that was my point. so keep doing IF while on steroids if you are doing it already. however if you want to start doing IF going on steroids is the wrong time to do it as you want to enjoy the hormonal changes of IF ahead of a cycle.

also the misconception in fitness is intermittent fasting = fasting. nothing can be further from the truth. intermittent fasting is simply SANE EATING. the way we are supposed to eat as humans, we aren't cows that graze on grass all day. we are supposed to eat in a window. and fasting as in 1 day or 20 days is not the same thing as IF. 2 completely different things.

we are actually gonna do a special fasting podcast soon on the subject to help guys out here

Last edited:
cycling steroids would interfere in any lifestyle or diet.

with intermittent fasting you still will get a lot of benefits even while on steroids but yes some of the benefits will be lessened. my advice is once you stop the steroids and pct, then at some point come off EVERYTHING across the board and just do a regular water fast and that will give you the max benefits of fasting
what are your thoughts on how long to delay an extended water fast post pct? And why.

Reason for the question is that it can take time to recover your pre cycle hormone levels and the lack of weight training coupled with maybe calorie deficit before you get into Keto can't help a struggling endocrine system (plus the science that extended fasting may impact metabolic health).

You are a good source of info on fasting so keen to hear your thoughts.

^^^ a water fast is very stressful on the body which is the point of it. to strengthen the body

pct and post pct can also be stressful as your body is trying to recover its hormones. so you want to treat the situation smart and fast at the right time when you can let the fast work its magic without interference

I think you really have to determine what your physique goals are right now. If you are not looking to add a good amount of muscle then I wouldn't bother with steroids. You can maintain a great look, nice and lean, without using gear. You can certainly run steroids and do IF but you wont see the gains from steroids like you would if you were eating more. Likewise you wouldn't have all the benefits from IF that you would if you were not using steroids.

Steroids and fasting are a good mix in my opinion. Some guys are afraid that maybe you won't get everything out of your steroids since you keep insulin pretty low all day, but this is not a real concern for most guy you are still getting more than 90% of the benefits of the anabolic steroids even without high levels of insulin.

Well, I did intermittent fasting for years way before it was a big thing and popularized. I did it on cycle and off, and I had great results on cycle. Basically IF is only enhanced and better on cycle. Enough that I did an impromptu contest prep because I was baffled at how lean I was getting

I’d like to give this a shot but I become an ornery prick when I haven’t eaten in more than 6hrs

I’d like to give this a shot but I become an ornery prick when I haven’t eaten in more than 6hrs

i used to be the same way. your body will adjust though in 2-3 weeks. it will be tough at first but just push through it and drinking some salt water will help balance your electrolytes.

and then you won't want to ever go back to the regular american lifestyle of eating in an 18 hour window

Morton’s low salt sodium is actually half potassium. When I was fasting I would take a teaspoon daily. Really helps with energy. I’ve never been enhanced on IF tho. Really just a heads up on Morton’s.😁

Morton’s low salt sodium is actually half potassium. When I was fasting I would take a teaspoon daily. Really helps with energy. I’ve never been enhanced on IF tho. Really just a heads up on Morton’s.😁

that is great advice

what i do is a teaspoon of pink himalayan salt and a teaspoon of cream of tartar. perfectly fine and won't break a fast at all.

Back
Top Bottom