Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting on test cycle

Hsc318

V.I.P.
EVO Logger
I am getting ready to start a 400mg per week test cycle and was curious what everyone thought of doing intermittent fasting while on cycle.

I have been on a recomp for a while now and doing a day of fasting each week just to reset and help keep fat off. I plan to up my calories and macros significantly on cycle; however, I want to keep fat off while bulking. Should I stick to a calorie surplus all the way through? Or would it be beneficial to do some fasting on off days?

1. counting calories is weight watchers. stop doing that
2. intermittent fasting is a term i hate. I like to call it simply 'sane eating'.. since when does any species eat all day non stop? eating in a 4-6 hour window is common sense eating.
3. everybody should be water fasting for greater than 20 hours atleast once every 2 weeks. autophagy and gut health are just 2 of the reasons why but there are many.

I highly recommend you spend a couple bucks on my Ebook in my signature on cutting cycle. it goes over everything you need to know about how to eat and what to do on cycle. lays out your diet perfectly https://www.amazon.com/GETTING-RIPP...teve+Smi&s=digital-text&sr=1-1&text=Steve+Smi

Last edited:
1. counting calories is weight watchers. stop doing that
2. intermittent fasting is a term i hate. I like to call it simply 'sane eating'.. since when does any species eat all day non stop? eating in a 4-6 hour window is common sense eating.
3. everybody should be water fasting for greater than 20 hours atleast once every 2 weeks. autophagy and gut health are just 2 of the reasons why but there are many.

I highly recommend you spend a couple bucks on my Ebook in my signature on cutting cycle. it goes over everything you need to know about how to eat and what to do on cycle. lays out your diet perfectly

Is it geared more towards bodybuilding or strength? I am not trying to look good, I am trying to get as strong as possible for strongman, yet stay as lean as I can. I am around 280-285lbs right now and looking to bump closer to 300+ but I don't want my BF to shoot up like crazy.

I don't necessarily focus on calories alone, mainly macros, but I do ensure I'm in a surplus on lifting days and a deficit on off/cardio days. With my size and goals it's nearly impossible for me to eat all my meals in a 4-6 hour window... I eat from around 6am to 8pm each day, and do a 24hr fast at the beginning of the week.

even if you do choose to over eat to get stronger, fasting is a great way to help the gut withstand getting bombarded so much.

I think your strategy is sound for your goals.

at the end of the day though it will boil down to your training. there isn't a strongman who hasn't put in years and years to get to where they are. stay healthy and stay consistent.

even if you do choose to over eat to get stronger, fasting is a great way to help the gut withstand getting bombarded so much.

I think your strategy is sound for your goals.

at the end of the day though it will boil down to your training. there isn't a strongman who hasn't put in years and years to get to where they are. stay healthy and stay consistent.

Thanks

Consistency is the goal here. Training and programming is handled, I just want to avoid ending up like those pot bellied fat strongman competitors.

I will definitely pick up your book. It sounds like it would good for an in between comp cycle to help shed some fat and stay lean.

yes, definitely check out steves book... theres a ton of great info in there that you can always have on hand for reference

I am getting ready to start a 400mg per week test cycle and was curious what everyone thought of doing intermittent fasting while on cycle.

I have been on a recomp for a while now and doing a day of fasting each week just to reset and help keep fat off. I plan to up my calories and macros significantly on cycle; however, I want to keep fat off while bulking. Should I stick to a calorie surplus all the way through? Or would it be beneficial to do some fasting on off days?
It really depends on where you want to put the focus. If it's on strength mostly then do a slight surplus. The intermittent fasting will help keep fat at bay

Thanks

Consistency is the goal here. Training and programming is handled, I just want to avoid ending up like those pot bellied fat strongman competitors.

I will definitely pick up your book. It sounds like it would good for an in between comp cycle to help shed some fat and stay lean.

Eat less or eat smaller meals.

Back
Top Bottom