Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interview Dr Phillips and Bret Contreras on Hypertrophy vs Load Effort

EER

<b>Evolutionary VIP</b>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6p-BockeRw

Here is an interview with leading expert Dr. Stuart Phillips from McMaster University on the hormone hypothesis, load versus effort and hypertrophy, type I versus type II fiber growth, sarcoplasmic versus myofibrillar hypertrophy, protein intake for maximizing hypertrophy, and sports supplementation.

^ daum good info
Summary
High rep = more muscle growth, but slight loss in strength (Caveat need to find "sweet spot" generally around 60-75% of 1 rep max)
Low rep, heavy weight = increase in strength but not best for muscle growth
Daily Protein in take .25kg or .55grams/lb body weight.

So basically, it seems, switching b/n BB and strength training through the yr is best. Increase your strength, then use it to increase your reps...oh and eat Clen and Tren hard helps too :p

Good stuff. I believe it. I been doing moderate to high reps for years to pack on size.

Agreed, now maybe people will stop working legs just one day a week lol.
Honestly Yates used this way back in the day and boy was he right.

Agreed, now maybe people will stop working legs just one day a week lol.
Honestly Yates used this way back in the day and boy was he right.

Platz also...he would do 20 reps a set, and a lot of sets too. Um, Yates was right about a lot things, especially his philosophy on roids.

Nice bit of info. Higher rep ranges are about the only way I've found to really make my legs grow

Platz also...he would do 20 reps a set, and a lot of sets too. Um, Yates was right about a lot things, especially his philosophy on roids.

haha, true. Yates would do one warm-up set and then a set to failure or high fatigue state and move to another exercise.

Good stuff. I believe it. I been doing moderate to high reps for years to pack on size.

I go into rhe gym with this intention but end up trying to set new pr. I do a few sets of high reps on a couple execrcises near end of session for pumps, can only imagine if every set was for pump. Think i would rip through my clothes like hulk. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6p-BockeRw

^ daum good info
Summary
High rep = more muscle growth, but slight loss in strength (Caveat need to find "sweet spot" generally around 60-75% of 1 rep max)
Low rep, heavy weight = increase in strength but not best for muscle growth
Daily Protein in take .25kg or .55grams/lb body weight.[/QUOTE]

I believe this to a degree. For an example, I start out with his protocol when on a cycle, but I double my protein intake after I feel I have reached a plateau, which is usually after 4 weeks.

I go into rhe gym with this intention but end up trying to set new pr. I do a few sets of high reps on a couple execrcises near end of session for pumps, can only imagine if every set was for pump. Think i would rip through my clothes like hulk. Lol

It would definitely make a difference in LBM gains. Try it! Beware, it takes a while for your body to get conditioned for this kind of training, especially when training back and legs...

I believe this to a degree. For an example, I start out with his protocol when on a cycle, but I double my protein intake after I feel I have reached a plateau, which is usually after 4 weeks.
I believe it for natties, once u add PED's then u need more protein imo.

My quads grow no problem, maybe i should blast my calfs with high reps.

Yes I recommend 3-4 sets to complete failure. Super set standing with seated one day a week. Other days do donkeys and try heavy DB single leg calf raises...strict slow positive and neg.

I love muscle confusion so I go all over the board. But after a good ride my calves are swollen, quads, the whole lower half is pumped because on a bike you can do high reps and mash heavy loads. Combined strength and high rep training is what a person generally learns once they start cycling. And yes... finding that sweet spot is awesome cause that’s the place where I can spin a big gear (heavy load) for a long period of time before breaking out into a sprint. But... once you get to be good you learn that you can do higher reps on not so heavy a load and get incredible output and speed while actually building leaner and better muscle fiber.

I love muscle confusion so I go all over the board. But after a good ride my calves are swollen, quads, the whole lower half is pumped because on a bike you can do high reps and mash heavy loads. Combined strength and high rep training is what a person generally learns once they start cycling. And yes... finding that sweet spot is awesome cause that’s the place where I can spin a big gear (heavy load) for a long period of time before breaking out into a sprint. But... once you get to be good you learn that you can do higher reps on not so heavy a load and get incredible output and speed while actually building leaner and better muscle fiber.

Yeah bicyclists usually have nice calves so I used to do a lot of stationary bike work. Don't think it's the same cause I didn't get no boss calves.

Stationary bike will never get you there my friend. Nothing compares to the variations of the changes in wind and in road. The road bike is one of the ultimate workout machines because you can do strength and cardio training. If you did 5 sets of sprints in the largest gear you could with a 10mph head wind you will shred up your quads and calves faster than you think. Stationary has nothing on actually putting the wheels down because of all the q factors that take place outside in the real world.

OK so I'm only ten min in to the video. Very interesting BTW. But I have a question or theory. He states that there is a 15-30 window after lifting that your hormone levels are high and activated. Even if on steroids. So basically, is this where you should consume your protein because the muscle you just worked is highly stimulated and protein synthesis at its highest at the 15 min window.

So my question being. Let's say you do chest. And u tear it up. Just blast it muscle. Then go home. Still within that 15-30 min window. You drink your protein drink, what if at that point while its at the height of stimulation you injected say igf-1 right in the muscle as a site injection would that stimulate even more growth because it is so receptive at that moment?

KRAZIEONE

Back
Top Bottom