Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Journey to the stage

Today’s work.

Tonight‘s work.
45 minutes of fasted cardio every second minute doing air squats times 30 and after the 30 minute mark I started doing squat jumps instead of air squats times 20… As high as I could jump. And even though I’m a white boy I have a pretty damn big vertical so my shit was flying.
Three hours later I return to the gym for my workout… Another 40 minutes of cardio and then I did upper back tonight with posing in between.
A lot of band work to warm up… I’m super OCD about warming up my shoulders and rotator cuff anytime I am doing back shoulder or chest… After my warm-up I started with a little bit of Tabata.

Tabata- 10 seconds on 20 seconds off. @170lbs
I was able to get 12-14 for the first half. And by the end struggling for 7 reps ;).
Next I did the same thing only this time I used narrow reverse grip and at 190 pounds.
Same thing I would get about 10 to 12 reps on the first series in the beginning but by the end I was struggling for seven.

After my lats were nice and engorged I spent about about 10 minutes of posing holding it for 20 to 30 seconds on each pose. Harder than it looks. Crazy hard.
Next I went to a dumbbell incline bench here this is where I like to lay facing it at about a 40° angle and I use dumbbells to do High Plains mostly focusing on my traps but a little bit on the rhomboid scapula area. And then went to the flat bench did a single arm pull. For each side. Then rested about 45 seconds and repeat.
1 @90 lb x 12 reps incline pull
1@115lb x 10 reps flat single arm pull ( rest repeat x 5

Next… I did a two exercise Series with five sets of those two exercises. First one was a straight arm lat pull down. The second was face pull with really high with elbows focusing on rear delts and traps. Both done with a rope and at Max weight 150lbs.
Pulldown 150lbs 12 reps and held it
Face pull 150lbs 10 reps. 30 decide rest and repeat.
X 5 sets.
Another five minute session of poses focusing on the big muscle groups and locking them down as much as possible.

short metcon For additional cardio
10 toes to bar
15 burpees
20 mountain climbers.
As fast as you can. 5 sets.
Really have a love hate relationship with metcons

I finished my work out for the day with foam rolling and lots of stretching including another love-hate relationship with the lacrosse ball to the lower hips. It sucks much ass but works really really well.

Nice work so far bro

Thank you… I know my log is boring but I’m an information junkie so I’m all about detail. I should be better at making it short and sweet if you guys have any tips on what you’d like to see or what you really don’t care to see please let me know and I will give progress pics weekly.

Tonight’s work… Chesticles
45 minutes of fasted cardio on the treadmill and stair mill every three minutes doing 30 air squats or 20 explosion Jumps.

Warm up
band work hitting all the rotator cuff muscles.
series of slider push-ups 20 reps ( harder than you can imagine)
2 sets of 40 reps at 135 lbs on the incline.

Work
Flat bench 225 LBS… Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off. 15 sets total
10 to 12 reps on the first nine sets…
Sets -10-13. 8 reps
Sets 14/15. 7 reps and failure.
Next I went to the incline bench on the smith machine it did the same thing at 225lbs
Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off
Sets 1-7 12 reps
Sets 8-10: 9 reps
Sets 10-12: 7 reps and complete failure on last set
Cable fly’s / dips.
12 reps fly’s at 100 lbs each arm
15 dips
4 sets. 30 seconds rest between sets.
Hammer strength incline press.
5 sets of 15 reps : 2 plates each side
Fly machine between sets. ( max weight 130lbs)
1 min between sets
Max push-ups with yoga blocks (76 without stopping)
Stretch chest using wood dowel.
2 min later. 50 push-ups. Then 10 negatives taking 10 seconds from raised position to floor. 2 min later. Repeat.
Stretch with dowel
Abs.
4 exercises repeated 3 x .
Toes to bar - 10 reps
Rotating crunches -20 reps
Bicycle 12 reps
Server incline sit up - 10 rep

30 min brisk walk on treadmill at 4mph-6 degrees.

bro you gonna need to lean out more. add in mast and winny asap

Yeah it’s gonna be down to the wire. I’m shedding fast with my diet but burning muscle. I did add in mast and winny. What is your magic number for mast. I’m hitting 400 / week now.

Todays work : shoulders
45 minutes a fasted cardio rest pace on the treadmill every second minute 30 Air squats

Warm up ( 10-15 min)
Band work for rotator cuff.
Bands: lateral / Frontal raises.
Bent over flys
Upright rows

Work: shoulders
Standing single arm dumbbell press
4 sets: 10 reps
70/80/90/90
Seated Arnold Press
3@12 reps slow and controlled
75lbs
Behjnd neck seated barbell press
5 sets@ 20 reps. Slow and controlled
135lbs
Giant set
5 excersies before rest/ 5 sets
Bent over flys : db 45 lbs 15 reps
Lateral raises cable : 33lbs 20 reps each side
Upright row cable rope pull. : max weight ( 135lbs) 12 reps
Cable rope grip face pulls : 100lbs x 10 reps
Db shoulder shrugs to farmer carry.
135lbs -12 reps then a walk around the gym.
Repeat 5 times after a min or so break

More band work for rotator cuffs.
Abs my usually 3 exercises repeated 3x
( toes to bar/ reverse crunch / rotating bicycle )
Stretch and foam roll.
15 min steady walk on treadmill

* most workouts are entirely in a fasted state… Every once in a while I can sneak in a fasted cardio and go home and return later but not very often

Hello trainwreck74.

You've got some solid muscle mass on you.

I hope you do well in the show, but (the infamous but) I think your calculations on your bodyfat are off. Not sure how it was measured, but having almost 30 years of experience I can see that you aren't 8.8% bodyfat in the first, and definitely not 6.8% in the second pic.

Everyone holds fat differently, so it's not always easy to accurately assess actual bodyfat, plus water retention may be blurring your definition as well. My guess is your actual bodyfat in the first pic is around 13-14%, and bodyfat in the second pic is around 10%.

You've made excellent progress in your fat loss, but I would caution you on going into an excessively low caloric deficit for the next 6 weeks. Since this is your first show, perhaps aim for going in at a full looking 8-9% bodyfat, and then come in 1-2% lower for your next two shows.

I've never competed, but I have seen countless guys go into a show looking flat, all for the sake of coming in as lean as possible, when they would have looked better with a couple more percent bodyfat and better water management.

I know it isn't as common these days, but if you tan and take salt water baths this will also improve the taughtness and look of your skin on stage, and help the posing oil do it's job.

Hello trainwreck74.

You've got some solid muscle mass on you.

I hope you do well in the show, but (the infamous but) I think your calculations on your bodyfat are off. Not sure how it was measured, but having almost 30 years of experience I can see that you aren't 8.8% bodyfat in the first, and definitely not 6.8% in the second pic.

Everyone holds fat differently, so it's not always easy to accurately assess actual bodyfat, plus water retention may be blurring your definition as well. My guess is your actual bodyfat in the first pic is around 13-14%, and bodyfat in the second pic is around 10%.

You've made excellent progress in your fat loss, but I would caution you on going into an excessively low caloric deficit for the next 6 weeks. Since this is your first show, perhaps aim for going in at a full looking 8-9% bodyfat, and then come in 1-2% lower for your next two shows.

I've never competed, but I have seen countless guys go into a show looking flat, all for the sake of coming in as lean as possible, when they would have looked better with a couple more percent bodyfat and better water management.

I know it isn't as common these days, but if you tan and take salt water baths this will also improve the taughtness and look of your skin on stage, and help the posing oil do it's job.

It was a pinch test and I agree. I was pretty hesitant to believe it but that was my coaches take. I know I had a ton of visceral fat to rid myself of too. I asked in November to start cutting and he suggested I wait. I should have started then. Not ready to pull the plug but I am way too far still. I’m 5 weeks out this weekend and I’ll show progress pics. Changes daily but still going to be hard to pull it off.
I do appreciate your insite and honesty my friend.

-

Wow What looks like a perfect car weeks ago are now been patched at more than 100 spots to make it an even more "perfect" car..

Do they do the engine bay and boot internal color too?

Saturday:

Fasted cardio
40 min treadmill every min on the min 20 air squats.
20 min stair mill

work: dead’s/ cleans/ glutes/ Hams

4x10 dead lift after warm up with 225 @20reps
315/365/405/455
Straight legged DL
3x10 slow eccentric burn
315/315/285

Dead lift to Power clean light weight
4 sets 12 dead’s- 10 cleans then rest
185/185/225/225

Laying leg curl machine
4x 10 @ 155lbs

Stand up leg curls
3x10 @95

Reverse hypers 3x15 reps

Brazilian but lifts / hip thrusts
3x10 each

Abs
Toes to bar
3x10
Crunch
3x20
Planks ( 2 series )
30 sec hold each
Left side/ front / right side

Foam roll and stretching.

Sunday

Fasted cardio
Treadmill 1 hour every other min 20 air squats

Work : abs/ calves
Toes to bar
3x10
Bicycle crunch
3x10
Vacuum hold
10 reps of 20 second holds
Rope pull cable crunch
3x20

Smith machine claves
225lbs
4x15
Body weight complex
Single leg x 20 reps each
Straight
Duck
Pigeon
Together and hold the last
Tibialis anterior lifts
3x15 reps
Body weight and hold

20 min stair mill

Stretch/ painful foam rolls.

f5317f9b873c869f5397a45a587f3c5e.jpg

245 lbs this morning.
It’s gonna be tight to get lean enough for the first show ....

f5317f9b873c869f5397a45a587f3c5e.jpg

245 lbs this morning.
It’s gonna be tight to get lean enough for the first show ....

You're looking good and thick, post more pics and show us more logs.

bro you look thick, time to lean down. you got nuff muscle

I’m working on it... def putting in the work and being critical about my food. I’m down almost 40lbs from Jan. But a lot more to go before stage ready. A lot.
Fasted cardio galore. High volume workouts ( usually in a fasted state also.). I’m only hitting 1800 calories on my high days (twice a week) ~1500 on my mid days and 1200 on my no carb days ( twice a week). I’m loosing fat pretty steady but if I plateau st all I’ll have to kill carbs more than twice a week.
Any advice on how else I can shed it, I’m all ears.

Back
Top Bottom