Thread: Journey to the stage

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Today痴 work.

Tonight壮 work.
    45 minutes of fasted cardio every second minute doing air squats times 30 and after the 30 minute mark I started doing squat jumps instead of air squats times 20 As high as I could jump. And even though I知 a white boy I have a pretty damn big vertical so my shit was flying.
    Three hours later I return to the gym for my workout Another 40 minutes of cardio and then I did upper back tonight with posing in between.
    A lot of band work to warm up I知 super OCD about warming up my shoulders and rotator cuff anytime I am doing back shoulder or chest After my warm-up I started with a little bit of Tabata.

Tabata- 10 seconds on 20 seconds off. @170lbs
    I was able to get 12-14 for the first half. And by the end struggling for 7 reps .
    Next I did the same thing only this time I used narrow reverse grip and at 190 pounds.
    Same thing I would get about 10 to 12 reps on the first series in the beginning but by the end I was struggling for seven.

After my lats were nice and engorged I spent about about 10 minutes of posing holding it for 20 to 30 seconds on each pose. Harder than it looks. Crazy hard.
    Next I went to a dumbbell incline bench here this is where I like to lay facing it at about a 40ー angle and I use dumbbells to do High Plains mostly focusing on my traps but a little bit on the rhomboid scapula area. And then went to the flat bench did a single arm pull. For each side. Then rested about 45 seconds and repeat.
    1 @90 lb x 12 reps incline pull
    [email protected] x 10 reps flat single arm pull ( rest repeat x 5

Next I did a two exercise Series with five sets of those two exercises. First one was a straight arm lat pull down. The second was face pull with really high with elbows focusing on rear delts and traps. Both done with a rope and at Max weight 150lbs.
    Pulldown 150lbs 12 reps and held it
    Face pull 150lbs 10 reps. 30 decide rest and repeat.
    X 5 sets.
    Another five minute session of poses focusing on the big muscle groups and locking them down as much as possible.

short metcon For additional cardio
    10 toes to bar
    15 burpees
    20 mountain climbers.
    As fast as you can. 5 sets.
    Really have a love hate relationship with metcons

I finished my work out for the day with foam rolling and lots of stretching including another love-hate relationship with the lacrosse ball to the lower hips. It sucks much ass but works really really well.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Nice work so far bro

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Nice work so far bro
    Thank you I know my log is boring but I知 an information junkie so I知 all about detail. I should be better at making it short and sweet if you guys have any tips on what you壇 like to see or what you really don稚 care to see please let me know and I will give progress pics weekly.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Tonight痴 work Chesticles
    45 minutes of fasted cardio on the treadmill and stair mill every three minutes doing 30 air squats or 20 explosion Jumps.

Warm up
    band work hitting all the rotator cuff muscles.
    series of slider push-ups 20 reps ( harder than you can imagine)
    2 sets of 40 reps at 135 lbs on the incline.

Work
    Flat bench 225 LBS Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off. 15 sets total
    10 to 12 reps on the first nine sets
    Sets -10-13. 8 reps
    Sets 14/15. 7 reps and failure.
    Next I went to the incline bench on the smith machine it did the same thing at 225lbs
    Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off
    Sets 1-7 12 reps
    Sets 8-10: 9 reps
    Sets 10-12: 7 reps and complete failure on last set
    Cable fly痴 / dips.
    12 reps fly痴 at 100 lbs each arm
    15 dips
    4 sets. 30 seconds rest between sets.
    Hammer strength incline press.
    5 sets of 15 reps : 2 plates each side
    Fly machine between sets. ( max weight 130lbs)
    1 min between sets
    Max push-ups with yoga blocks (76 without stopping)
    Stretch chest using wood dowel.
    2 min later. 50 push-ups. Then 10 negatives taking 10 seconds from raised position to floor. 2 min later. Repeat.
    Stretch with dowel
    Abs.
    4 exercises repeated 3 x .
    Toes to bar - 10 reps
    Rotating crunches -20 reps
    Bicycle 12 reps
    Server incline sit up - 10 rep

30 min brisk walk on treadmill at 4mph-6 degrees.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyMonster34 View Post
    bro you gonna need to lean out more. add in mast and winny asap
    Yeah it痴 gonna be down to the wire. I知 shedding fast with my diet but burning muscle. I did add in mast and winny. What is your magic number for mast. I知 hitting 400 / week now.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Todays work : shoulders
    45 minutes a fasted cardio rest pace on the treadmill every second minute 30 Air squats

Warm up ( 10-15 min)
    Band work for rotator cuff.
    Bands: lateral / Frontal raises.
    Bent over flys
    Upright rows

Work: shoulders
    Standing single arm dumbbell press
    4 sets: 10 reps
    70/80/90/90
    Seated Arnold Press
    [email protected] reps slow and controlled
    75lbs
    Behjnd neck seated barbell press
    5 [email protected] 20 reps. Slow and controlled
    135lbs
    Giant set
    5 excersies before rest/ 5 sets
    Bent over flys : db 45 lbs 15 reps
    Lateral raises cable : 33lbs 20 reps each side
    Upright row cable rope pull. : max weight ( 135lbs) 12 reps
    Cable rope grip face pulls : 100lbs x 10 reps
    Db shoulder shrugs to farmer carry.
    135lbs -12 reps then a walk around the gym.
    Repeat 5 times after a min or so break

More band work for rotator cuffs.
    Abs my usually 3 exercises repeated 3x
    ( toes to bar/ reverse crunch / rotating bicycle )
    Stretch and foam roll.
    15 min steady walk on treadmill

* most workouts are entirely in a fasted state Every once in a while I can sneak in a fasted cardio and go home and return later but not very often

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Hello trainwreck74.

You've got some solid muscle mass on you.

I hope you do well in the show, but (the infamous but) I think your calculations on your bodyfat are off. Not sure how it was measured, but having almost 30 years of experience I can see that you aren't 8.8% bodyfat in the first, and definitely not 6.8% in the second pic.

Everyone holds fat differently, so it's not always easy to accurately assess actual bodyfat, plus water retention may be blurring your definition as well. My guess is your actual bodyfat in the first pic is around 13-14%, and bodyfat in the second pic is around 10%.

You've made excellent progress in your fat loss, but I would caution you on going into an excessively low caloric deficit for the next 6 weeks. Since this is your first show, perhaps aim for going in at a full looking 8-9% bodyfat, and then come in 1-2% lower for your next two shows.

I've never competed, but I have seen countless guys go into a show looking flat, all for the sake of coming in as lean as possible, when they would have looked better with a couple more percent bodyfat and better water management.

I know it isn't as common these days, but if you tan and take salt water baths this will also improve the taughtness and look of your skin on stage, and help the posing oil do it's job.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Michaelv View Post
    Hello trainwreck74.

You've got some solid muscle mass on you.

I hope you do well in the show, but (the infamous but) I think your calculations on your bodyfat are off. Not sure how it was measured, but having almost 30 years of experience I can see that you aren't 8.8% bodyfat in the first, and definitely not 6.8% in the second pic.

Everyone holds fat differently, so it's not always easy to accurately assess actual bodyfat, plus water retention may be blurring your definition as well. My guess is your actual bodyfat in the first pic is around 13-14%, and bodyfat in the second pic is around 10%.

You've made excellent progress in your fat loss, but I would caution you on going into an excessively low caloric deficit for the next 6 weeks. Since this is your first show, perhaps aim for going in at a full looking 8-9% bodyfat, and then come in 1-2% lower for your next two shows.

I've never competed, but I have seen countless guys go into a show looking flat, all for the sake of coming in as lean as possible, when they would have looked better with a couple more percent bodyfat and better water management.

I know it isn't as common these days, but if you tan and take salt water baths this will also improve the taughtness and look of your skin on stage, and help the posing oil do it's job.
    It was a pinch test and I agree. I was pretty hesitant to believe it but that was my coaches take. I know I had a ton of visceral fat to rid myself of too. I asked in November to start cutting and he suggested I wait. I should have started then. Not ready to pull the plug but I am way too far still. I知 5 weeks out this weekend and I値l show progress pics. Changes daily but still going to be hard to pull it off.
    I do appreciate your insite and honesty my friend.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

-

Wow What looks like a perfect car weeks ago are now been patched at more than 100 spots to make it an even more "perfect" car..

Do they do the engine bay and boot internal color too?

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Saturday:

Fasted cardio
    40 min treadmill every min on the min 20 air squats.
    20 min stair mill

work: dead痴/ cleans/ glutes/ Hams

4x10 dead lift after warm up with 225 @20reps
    315/365/405/455
    Straight legged DL
    3x10 slow eccentric burn
    315/315/285

Dead lift to Power clean light weight
    4 sets 12 dead痴- 10 cleans then rest
    185/185/225/225

Laying leg curl machine
    4x 10 @ 155lbs