needtobuildmuscle

Thread: Keto diet

Advanced Cyborg Brother sisir012's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Keto diet

Anybody tried keto diet ? Is it affective for fat loss? How long should we follow this type of diet? Whats you review about keto diet.thnkx

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
    EAT HEALTHY THINK BETTER

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Keto works absolutely great. But it just depends on how you feel on it. I personally cannot tolerate it. I lose way too much strength and feel like ass all the time.

I prefer High protein/Moderate Carbs/Low fats when dieting.

Senior Moderator
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sisir012 View Post
    Anybody tried keto diet ? Is it affective for fat loss? How long should we follow this type of diet? Whats you review about keto diet.thnkx

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
    I've done Keto Diets a few times, and it works.
    But I've found that I do better on Carb-Cycling, even though I tend to keep my High Carb Days lower than most........................... JP

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Keto diets are great for obese inactive people but they are terrible for bodybuilders. Carbs are what fuel intense weight training and keep the muscle full.

You will need to lower carbs in order to loose body fat but removing them completely is unnecessary. I recommend carb cycling. For the goals of fat loss, simply incorporate more low carb days then high/medium days. You could do 4 low days, 2 medium days and 1 high day per week.

Here is an article on how to set up a carb cycling diet for fat loss. It explains how to manipulate high and low days for optimal fat loss: http://www.evolutionary.org/cycling-carbohydrates

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    tried it briefly, sorry but I am an active person and I need carbs to function

I'm posting this morning and am going to for a long rock hike, i need energy for this and fuel for my muscles to use up. then this afternoon I am going to do more exercise. just not going to happen for an active person
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <n2bm discount eBay store! deals on N2generate and N2guard and more!!!

Masters degree in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults

http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I did a keto diet without knowing that's what I was doing for 10 weeks. During that time, the only carbs I was getting was from vegetables and the weekly refeed.

From start to finish I lost 17 pounds and only gained 2-3 when I went back to a normal meal plan.

I would recommend it if you have a high bf percentage, but if you're in the lower end of the spectrum you may only hurt the gains you have worked hard for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I have done it twice, both times with the same results. Overall, I can say that it is a very interesting and contradictive diet. On one hand, it is extremely hard to follow this diet, since the carbs are everywhere. Also, you get this smell of ketones, that you don't smell, but others do smell them, and they do not smell like roses.

However, I did have a lot of energy on this diet, lost weight, and had a very easy time limiting my carbs because I did not get hungry easily.

All in all, it is an effective diet for very specific purposes, and you can't follow it all the time. Instead, it would be best to do carb cycling, since it provides you with a change to have a more balanced diet, and still get very good results withouyt limiting yourself too much.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author
    Lev Butlerov holds a Masters Degree in Biology, he is NASM Certified, ISSA Certified, The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) certified and is currently working on his American Council on Exercise (ACE) certificate.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission2 View Post
    Keto works absolutely great. But it just depends on how you feel on it. I personally cannot tolerate it. I lose way too much strength and feel like ass all the time.

I prefer High protein/Moderate Carbs/Low fats when dieting.
    I am the same. I feel like shit on low carb or keto. I do best with 40/40/20.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***