Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Labrum injury help

MattHamill

Registered
I tore the posterior labrum in my right shoulder about a year and a half ago. Fortunately the MRI said it was not a SLAP (whaterver that means). The first opinion I got reccomended surgery, the second opinion wanted to try extensive physical therapy first that would hopefully prove surgery unneccessary. I have been doing the therapy for about two months now and there has been some improvement in range of motion, strength, and pain. However, my progress has not been what I anticipated since I am still not able to perform any upper body exercises that use the shoulder. I think surgery is inevitable which really sucks because post-op recovery takes almost a year. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of injury that could advise me? Thanks.

I have experience with labrum tears but you won’t like my experience!
Tore the labrum in my right shoulder November 2005. I had benched 395 a couple months earlier and thought I would soon get over 400.
I was only into strength at the time, mostly focused on squat, bench, and deadlift.
Tore my labrum from a bicycle crash, tear was 3/4 of the way around.
Well, I haven’t been able to get above 225 since the surgery, over 12 years ago! I usually have to stay around 155-175 or it hurts. It really started hurting a couple months ago and the new MRI shows I now have arthritis in the shoulder!
It has not felt right since I tore it. Luckily I found that if I train Serge Nubret or German Volume style, I am able to keep size. I am actually bigger than when I was training heavy all those years ago but it is hard to stay motivated just doing pump training all the time!

I tore the posterior labrum in my right shoulder about a year and a half ago. Fortunately the MRI said it was not a SLAP (whaterver that means). The first opinion I got reccomended surgery, the second opinion wanted to try extensive physical therapy first that would hopefully prove surgery unneccessary. I have been doing the therapy for about two months now and there has been some improvement in range of motion, strength, and pain. However, my progress has not been what I anticipated since I am still not able to perform any upper body exercises that use the shoulder. I think surgery is inevitable which really sucks because post-op recovery takes almost a year. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of injury that could advise me? Thanks.
Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!
Test might have helped too!

- - - Updated - - -

please stop giving advice you have no clue about... test would not heal a labrum injury and thats shit advice to be giving someone... you dont know what you are doing on your own cycle so the last thing you need to be doing is telling others shit like this... you want to make a mess of your life with what your doing in your other thread, thats on you but DO NOT fucking attempt to do it to others

I re-read what I wrote. As to maybe not scare you as much, I will add, I was in the military at the time also.
The base ortho just ordered an xray at first and then decided I had just sprained my ac joint.
It hurt so much I couldn’t do a push-up anymore while before the crash I felt invincible!
A whole 15 months later with no improvement, they finally ordered a MRI!
So the first week of April 2007, I found out how bad it actually was and was in surgery 17 April 07!!
So 17 months after tearing the labrum I finally had surgery and for all those months I couldn’t even handle a push-up!
It took until October 2009 before it felt somewhat normal and I could workout again but I have never gotten back to anywhere close to the strength I once had!
And now it is hurting again just about as bad as it was before surgery but the latest MRI shows the labrum intact but arthritis in the joint! Yea for getting old!

get multiple opinions before you come under the knife. are you making millions and is a team depending on you to get back? if not then surgery is the last thing you want to do unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. don't let a doctor pressure you into unnecessary procedures

increasing mobility is great, but that should have been done BEFORE the injury. this is why i preach maintenance on here to people which falls on deaf ears. 1. invest in an inversion table. 2. hot yoga. those will decompress and increase mobility and flexibility thus decreasing the chance of injury. these PT's are obsessed about mobility but they won't tell you any of this because they depend on you getting and staying injured to make their $90 an hour

with these types of injuries the body will fill in the tear over time and then heal it. if you continue lifting that will interfere with the process i'm sorry to say :(

And like you do small man!

please stop giving advice you have no clue about... test would not heal a labrum injury and thats shit advice to be giving someone... you dont know what you are doing on your own cycle so the last thing you need to be doing is telling others shit like this... you want to make a mess of your life with what your doing in your other thread, thats on you but DO NOT fucking attempt to do it to others

Bro do u even lift? Lol! I tried telling the guy I was in a worse situation then him and I was able to heal my labrum tear in a couple months with rehab! That’s solid advice this guy said he tore his labrum but it’s not a slap so it can’t be any worse than mine that was diagnosed as a slap! If I can heal I diagnosed slap them he can heal too! He asking for advice I’m giving it to him I’m not saying test helped I’m just saying I was on test and rehabbing and I did not need surgery so best of luck to this guy!

Bro do u even lift? Lol! I tried telling the guy I was in a worse situation then him and I was able to heal my labrum tear in a couple months with rehab! That’s solid advice this guy said he tore his labrum but it’s not a slap so it can’t be any worse than mine that was diagnosed as a slap! If I can heal I diagnosed slap them he can heal too! He asking for advice I’m giving it to him I’m not saying test helped I’m just saying I was on test and rehabbing and I did not need surgery so best of luck to this guy!

did you seriously just ask me if i lift? are you fucking 3 years old... your over 25% body fat, talking about cycling etc.. your fucking clueless and just a disgrace to even be advising people and in such dog shit condition... you need to get the fuck out of here dude... running your mouth behind a fucking keyboard like a typical pussy... im so tired of snowflakes like yourself... you have no clue wtf you are talking about... stop being a little bitch running your mouth behind a keyboard and STOP advising people on shit your clueless about... ANYONE can talk shit behind a keyboard, and that just makes you look worse than you already do,, which is really saying something

Last edited:
did you seriously just ask me if i lift? are you fucking 3 years old... your over 25% body fat, talking about cycling etc.. your fucking clueless and just a disgrace to even be advising people and in such dog shit condition... you need to get the fuck out of here dude... running your mouth behind a fucking keyboard like a typical pussy... im so tired of snowflakes like yourself... you have no clue wtf you are talking about... stop being a little bitch running your mouth behind a keyboard and STOP advising people on shit your clueless about... ANYONE can talk shit behind a keyboard, and that just makes you look worse than you already do,, which is really saying something
Lol, Jesus. A little much for bad advise. I know it's not popular on this forum but I know a few guys who lift heavy and run gear who are over 20% BF. They're fine. Everyone who is old enough can chose to run gear, regardless of how they look, whether they do other drugs, and their goals.... etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's bad advice to run a cycle while you are trying to heal. Not to mention counterproductive

Lol, Jesus. A little much for bad advise. I know it's not popular on this forum but I know a few guys who lift heavy and run gear who are over 20% BF. They're fine. Everyone who is old enough can chose to run gear, regardless of how they look, whether they do other drugs, and their goals.... etc.

Its about him going around giving everyone dangerous advice in other threads when hes clueless on what hes doing on top of the fact im fucking done with cowards sitting behind keyboards talking shit. Ive taken it FOR YEARS! U know how many years ive made videos, given FREE advice etc. i fucking done getting disrespected by people who are pure chicken shit and run their cowardly big mouths from their keyboard

Truth hurts lol!

Its about him going around giving everyone dangerous advice in other threads when hes clueless on what hes doing on top of the fact im fucking done with cowards sitting behind keyboards talking shit. Ive taken it FOR YEARS! U know how many years ive made videos, given FREE advice etc. i fucking done getting disrespected by people who are pure chicken shit and run their cowardly big mouths from their keyboard

Bro ask yourself you run all this gear but as a natty I was bigger than you at 18 I’ve complished more in atheltics than you ever will! Lol ur Over 30 and would get you ass kicked by a 18 year old,and before you say I can’t fight I’ve been wrestling for years! I bet you couldn’t even deadlift 405-500 so who’s the one who knows what he is doing! At the end of the day you don’t get a 700 pound deadlift not knowing how to eat and train so for you to sit here and act like I’m some fat lazy dummy is ignorance I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m still stronger than you! I think a lot of guys come on this forum and try to sound smart but there small themeselfs! I remember when I came on this forum someone said i was gonna have a heart attack from 500 mg of test boy were they wrong my bp stayed the same! The truth is it’s all about diet! The reason my liver stayed clean on dbol was because I ate oranges all the time! Fruit is a natural medicine! Telling someone not to run gear at high bodyfat is pretty stupid if you ask me they say higher bf increases sides other than e2
What’s sides does it increase I never had bp issues running gear at high bodyfat just seems like a lot of bro knowledge!

Bro ask yourself you run all this gear but as a natty I was bigger than you at 18 I’ve complished more in atheltics than you ever will! Lol ur Over 30 and would get you ass kicked by a 18 year old,and before you say I can’t fight I’ve been wrestling for years! I bet you couldn’t even deadlift 405-500 so who’s the one who knows what he is doing! At the end of the day you don’t get a 700 pound deadlift not knowing how to eat and train so for you to sit here and act like I’m some fat lazy dummy is ignorance I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m still stronger than you! I think a lot of guys come on this forum and try to sound smart but there small themeselfs! I remember when I came on this forum someone said i was gonna have a heart attack from 500 mg of test boy were they wrong my bp stayed the same! The truth is it’s all about diet! The reason my liver stayed clean on dbol was because I ate oranges all the time! Fruit is a natural medicine! Telling someone not to run gear at high bodyfat is pretty stupid if you ask me they say higher bf increases sides other than e2
What’s sides does it increase I never had bp issues running gear at high bodyfat just seems like a lot of bro knowledge!

Loll exactly my point. Talking shit as a pig behind a keyboard... fucking comedy. Fucking talking about oranges keeping u safe on dbol... lmfao!!!! Noone gives a flying fuck about someone obese being able to deadlift a lot. Lmfaoooo. U are literally the most ignorant person ive ever come across and thats saying something! I just got done talking about people being cowards talking shit behind a keyboard, then you just do it more... SMFH... not to mention, you making claims about me "taking all this gear" when i havent use anything in over a year and already made it a point to say i quit... on top of that, you are so fucking ignorant... does how much you lift pay your bills? does that make you successful? how about you take your fucking head out of the mcdonalds for FIVE seconds and actually get down to a semi healthy weight and stop giving people advice on shit you have ZERO fucking clue about, you complete and utter moron... youve accomplished more in athletics??? LMFAO!! now thats fucking comedy... your fat ass an athlete? i played college basketball on scholarship dip shit and was not 500 lbs over weight either... i modeled all over the world on contract... i dont give one flying fuck what some fat ass dude can lift... that proves NOTHING... it proves ignorance if you think that makes a stitch of difference in life... keep eating oranges to protect yourself from dbol and keep telling people its ok to be overweight and run gear... you are beyond ignorant... way way way beyond ignorant

Last edited:
And again that guys right about shitty advice I remember I came on this forum And Dylan told me to start ai right away horrible advice your t dosent even peak till 4 weeks in! Lol this guy just tried to tear me down for saying I healed a slap without surgery the best advice this guy is gonna get and what he wants to hear it’s possible bro don’t listen to this dweeb Dylan he is a narcissist!

And again that guys right about shitty advice I remember I came on this forum And Dylan told me to start ai right away horrible advice your t dosent even peak till 4 weeks in! Lol this guy just tried to tear me down for saying I healed a slap without surgery the best advice this guy is gonna get and what he wants to hear it’s possible bro don’t listen to this dweeb Dylan he is a narcissist!

Lmfao! Yeah lets listen to the guy thats over 25% body fat and fucking clueless! Lmfao!

Listen man, Dylan has volumes of information. His advice is usually spot on and he has been helping this community, albeit on the side of caution, for years. Lots of people on here can thank him for helping them with a problem they've had. You can offer any advice you want on this forum, but people actually seek him out for his advice. I think you can read between the lines, I still look forward to that test/tren log

Listen man, Dylan has volumes of information. His advice is usually spot on and he has been helping this community, albeit on the side of caution, for years. Lots of people on here can thank him for helping them with a problem they've had. You can offer any advice you want on this forum, but people actually seek him out for his advice. I think you can read between the lines, I still look forward to that test/tren log

Thank you bro i appreciate that

Loll exactly my point. Talking shit as a pig behind a keyboard... fucking comedy. Fucking talking about oranges keeping u safe on dbol... lmfao!!!! Noone gives a flying fuck about someone obese being able to deadlift a lot. Lmfaoooo. U are literally the most ignorant person ive ever come across and thats saying something! I just got done talking about people being cowards talking shit behind a keyboard, then you just do it more... SMFH... not to mention, you making claims about me "taking all this gear" when i havent use anything in over a year and already made it a point to say i quit... on top of that, you are so fucking ignorant... does how much you lift pay your bills? does that make you successful? how about you take your fucking head out of the mcdonalds for FIVE seconds and actually get down to a semi healthy weight and stop giving people advice on shit you have ZERO fucking clue about, you complete and utter moron... youve accomplished more in athletics??? LMFAO!! now thats fucking comedy... your fat ass an athlete? i played college basketball on scholarship dip shit and was not 500 lbs over weight either... i modeled all over the world on contract... i dont give one flying fuck what some fat ass dude can lift... that proves NOTHING... it proves ignorance if you think that makes a stitch of difference in life... keep eating oranges to protect yourself from dbol and keep telling people its ok to be overweight and run gear... you are beyond ignorant... way way way beyond ignorant
I’m ignorant I haven’t ate mcdonalds in years! And tell that to Brian Shaw or any high level strongman none of them are at 15 percent bodyfat!

I’m ignorant I haven’t ate mcdonalds in years! And tell that to Brian Shaw or any high level strongman none of them are at 15 percent bodyfat!

Lmfao. Yeah and u qualify for that... lmfaoooooooo. Your so fucking ignorant u took the mcdonalds comment literally... for fucks sake your more ignorant than i even thought

How do I not qualify!

Lmfao. Yeah and u qualify for that... lmfaoooooooo. Your so fucking ignorant u took the mcdonalds comment literally... for fucks sake your more ignorant than i even thought
U act like I can only lift my bodyweight what’s the difference between a 285 man deadlift 700 vs 400 pound man deadlift 1000! I’m sure if Brian Shaw was unknown and came on here asking the same thing as me you would tell him know! Don’t act like 700 isn’t a elite number!

Back
Top Bottom