Join Evolutionary Forums


domestic-supply.com
needtobuildmuslce.com
esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Labrum injury help

  1. #1
    Novice Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    20
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Labrum injury help

    I tore the posterior labrum in my right shoulder about a year and a half ago. Fortunately the MRI said it was not a SLAP (whaterver that means). The first opinion I got reccomended surgery, the second opinion wanted to try extensive physical therapy first that would hopefully prove surgery unneccessary. I have been doing the therapy for about two months now and there has been some improvement in range of motion, strength, and pain. However, my progress has not been what I anticipated since I am still not able to perform any upper body exercises that use the shoulder. I think surgery is inevitable which really sucks because post-op recovery takes almost a year. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of injury that could advise me? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    65
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I have experience with labrum tears but you wonít like my experience!
    Tore the labrum in my right shoulder November 2005. I had benched 395 a couple months earlier and thought I would soon get over 400.
    I was only into strength at the time, mostly focused on squat, bench, and deadlift.
    Tore my labrum from a bicycle crash, tear was 3/4 of the way around.
    Well, I havenít been able to get above 225 since the surgery, over 12 years ago! I usually have to stay around 155-175 or it hurts. It really started hurting a couple months ago and the new MRI shows I now have arthritis in the shoulder!
    It has not felt right since I tore it. Luckily I found that if I train Serge Nubret or German Volume style, I am able to keep size. I am actually bigger than when I was training heavy all those years ago but it is hard to stay motivated just doing pump training all the time!

  3. #3
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    176
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MattHamill View Post
    I tore the posterior labrum in my right shoulder about a year and a half ago. Fortunately the MRI said it was not a SLAP (whaterver that means). The first opinion I got reccomended surgery, the second opinion wanted to try extensive physical therapy first that would hopefully prove surgery unneccessary. I have been doing the therapy for about two months now and there has been some improvement in range of motion, strength, and pain. However, my progress has not been what I anticipated since I am still not able to perform any upper body exercises that use the shoulder. I think surgery is inevitable which really sucks because post-op recovery takes almost a year. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of injury that could advise me? Thanks.
    Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MattHamill View Post
    I tore the posterior labrum in my right shoulder about a year and a half ago. Fortunately the MRI said it was not a SLAP (whaterver that means). The first opinion I got reccomended surgery, the second opinion wanted to try extensive physical therapy first that would hopefully prove surgery unneccessary. I have been doing the therapy for about two months now and there has been some improvement in range of motion, strength, and pain. However, my progress has not been what I anticipated since I am still not able to perform any upper body exercises that use the shoulder. I think surgery is inevitable which really sucks because post-op recovery takes almost a year. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of injury that could advise me? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturallyhard View Post
    Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!
    Test might have helped too!

  4. #4
    Moderator dylangemelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22,860
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturallyhard View Post
    Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!

    - - - Updated - - -




    Test might have helped too!
    please stop giving advice you have no clue about... test would not heal a labrum injury and thats shit advice to be giving someone... you dont know what you are doing on your own cycle so the last thing you need to be doing is telling others shit like this... you want to make a mess of your life with what your doing in your other thread, thats on you but DO NOT fucking attempt to do it to others

  5. #5
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    65
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I re-read what I wrote. As to maybe not scare you as much, I will add, I was in the military at the time also.
    The base ortho just ordered an xray at first and then decided I had just sprained my ac joint.
    It hurt so much I couldnít do a push-up anymore while before the crash I felt invincible!
    A whole 15 months later with no improvement, they finally ordered a MRI!
    So the first week of April 2007, I found out how bad it actually was and was in surgery 17 April 07!!
    So 17 months after tearing the labrum I finally had surgery and for all those months I couldnít even handle a push-up!
    It took until October 2009 before it felt somewhat normal and I could workout again but I have never gotten back to anywhere close to the strength I once had!
    And now it is hurting again just about as bad as it was before surgery but the latest MRI shows the labrum intact but arthritis in the joint! Yea for getting old!

  6. #6
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    46,735
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    get multiple opinions before you come under the knife. are you making millions and is a team depending on you to get back? if not then surgery is the last thing you want to do unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. don't let a doctor pressure you into unnecessary procedures

    increasing mobility is great, but that should have been done BEFORE the injury. this is why i preach maintenance on here to people which falls on deaf ears. 1. invest in an inversion table. 2. hot yoga. those will decompress and increase mobility and flexibility thus decreasing the chance of injury. these PT's are obsessed about mobility but they won't tell you any of this because they depend on you getting and staying injured to make their $90 an hour

    with these types of injuries the body will fill in the tear over time and then heal it. if you continue lifting that will interfere with the process i'm sorry to say
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma HGH
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

  7. #7
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    176
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    And like you do small man!

    Quote Originally Posted by dylangemelli View Post
    please stop giving advice you have no clue about... test would not heal a labrum injury and thats shit advice to be giving someone... you dont know what you are doing on your own cycle so the last thing you need to be doing is telling others shit like this... you want to make a mess of your life with what your doing in your other thread, thats on you but DO NOT fucking attempt to do it to others
    Bro do u even lift? Lol! I tried telling the guy I was in a worse situation then him and I was able to heal my labrum tear in a couple months with rehab! Thatís solid advice this guy said he tore his labrum but itís not a slap so it canít be any worse than mine that was diagnosed as a slap! If I can heal I diagnosed slap them he can heal too! He asking for advice Iím giving it to him Iím not saying test helped Iím just saying I was on test and rehabbing and I did not need surgery so best of luck to this guy!

  8. #8
    Moderator dylangemelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22,860
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturallyhard View Post
    Bro do u even lift? Lol! I tried telling the guy I was in a worse situation then him and I was able to heal my labrum tear in a couple months with rehab! Thatís solid advice this guy said he tore his labrum but itís not a slap so it canít be any worse than mine that was diagnosed as a slap! If I can heal I diagnosed slap them he can heal too! He asking for advice Iím giving it to him Iím not saying test helped Iím just saying I was on test and rehabbing and I did not need surgery so best of luck to this guy!
    did you seriously just ask me if i lift? are you fucking 3 years old... your over 25% body fat, talking about cycling etc.. your fucking clueless and just a disgrace to even be advising people and in such dog shit condition... you need to get the fuck out of here dude... running your mouth behind a fucking keyboard like a typical pussy... im so tired of snowflakes like yourself... you have no clue wtf you are talking about... stop being a little bitch running your mouth behind a keyboard and STOP advising people on shit your clueless about... ANYONE can talk shit behind a keyboard, and that just makes you look worse than you already do,, which is really saying something
    Last edited by dylangemelli; 12-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Buff Brother Genixcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    515
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dylangemelli View Post
    did you seriously just ask me if i lift? are you fucking 3 years old... your over 25% body fat, talking about cycling etc.. your fucking clueless and just a disgrace to even be advising people and in such dog shit condition... you need to get the fuck out of here dude... running your mouth behind a fucking keyboard like a typical pussy... im so tired of snowflakes like yourself... you have no clue wtf you are talking about... stop being a little bitch running your mouth behind a keyboard and STOP advising people on shit your clueless about... ANYONE can talk shit behind a keyboard, and that just makes you look worse than you already do,, which is really saying something
    Lol, Jesus. A little much for bad advise. I know it's not popular on this forum but I know a few guys who lift heavy and run gear who are over 20% BF. They're fine. Everyone who is old enough can chose to run gear, regardless of how they look, whether they do other drugs, and their goals.... etc.

  10. #10
    Buff Brother Genixcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    515
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturallyhard View Post
    Hey man good news I tore my labrum in wrestling in February! It was diagnosed as a slap and doctor said only option is surgery! Rehabbed it on my own worked my way back up to upper body strength started off light and worked into my heavy sets overtime! The pain gradually decreased and my strength came back 100 percent! I can completely use my arm pain free when benching,millatary press I am stronger than ever and wrestle from time to time! My arm dull aches hear and there but nothing that limits my range of motion just usually if I get caught up in bad position and nothing severe or that will limit you workout! Pull ups really help!

    - - - Updated - - -




    Test might have helped too!
    I think it's bad advice to run a cycle while you are trying to heal. Not to mention counterproductive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •