Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lets talk about multi vitamin supps.

garryb

so being that a multi is your basic foundation for weight training,and really over all good helth i think we should put together a good list of whats crap and whats not.

what makes a good multi? why?

what do you use? how does it work?

what to stay away from?

how to choose a good multi?

I've heard great things about Animal Pak...

But I use a women's daily centrum supplement and then add additional vitamins as I need or see fit.

The thing with vitamins is... there are little GMPs on them and most of the raw ingredients are from other countries... so IMO stick with good brand name supplements that probably follow a more strict protocol for bulk ingredient testing.

I've heard great things about Animal Pak...

But I use a women's daily centrum supplement and then add additional vitamins as I need or see fit.

The thing with vitamins is... there are little GMPs on them and most of the raw ingredients are from other countries... so IMO stick with good brand name supplements that probably follow a more strict protocol for bulk ingredient testing.

you use centrum? really?

hmm. when i was a pt i used to tell everyone to stay away from that brand. this has been years now but i had learned or was taught that alot of vitamins are crap including centrum because of the way they were made. centrum being one of them, was a pill that was compressed together to the point that it wouldnt break down the way it should . so instead of being broken down to nothing it was so dense that most of it wouldnt make it and be passed in your poop.(lol, sorry dont know the proper way to say it)

im sure they have fixed that problem.

but I have had problems with most vitamins, because they are in tablet form.

I recently was shopping at whole foods, and saw they had 100% natural vitamins, for men (and women) with pro biotics in them to aid in absorbtion.

what sold me was they were in capsule form. veggie capsule of course. they were called "raw" vitamins for men.

they aren't as complete from a to zinc like centrum. but all natural, and in easy to break down & digest capsule form won me over.

you use centrum? really?

hmm. when i was a pt i used to tell everyone to stay away from that brand. this has been years now but i had learned or was taught that alot of vitamins are crap including centrum because of the way they were made. centrum being one of them, was a pill that was compressed together to the point that it wouldnt break down the way it should . so instead of being broken down to nothing it was so dense that most of it wouldnt make it and be passed in your poop.(lol, sorry dont know the proper way to say it)

I double up and pick my battles

I wish I had a whole foods, I heard good things about that place

I have never been a big multi-vitamin user. I seem to get a lot from my meal replacement shakes. Now i know I am not getting everything so I have looked at a couple different ones. DX7, Opti-Men and even Gaspari's new vitamin product. I do agree with the tablet vs capsule form as well as far as absorbing. Prob go with DX7..SJ

I've been using OptiMen for about 2 years now. Orbit has great prices on that stuff. It's 3ed which is kind of a pain in the ass but I figure that spaces out the dosages so I'm not pissing it all out.?? MOST multi's make me nauseous as hell and these don't. I believe that's because of the type of coating on the pills themselves. I've felt better and not gotten sick as often but then I started eating better around the same time so who knows. I've not tried DX7 because these seem to be fine and they're cheap as shit if I get them from Orbit.

I've been using OptiMen for about 2 years now. Orbit has great prices on that stuff. It's 3ed which is kind of a pain in the ass but I figure that spaces out the dosages so I'm not pissing it all out.?? MOST multi's make me nauseous as hell and these don't. I believe that's because of the type of coating on the pills themselves. I've felt better and not gotten sick as often but then I started eating better around the same time so who knows. I've not tried DX7 because these seem to be fine and they're cheap as shit if I get them from Orbit.

Those are what I had been using, but I recently quit using a multi. I looked at what Im getting from food(which is almost all I need), and only supplement the vitamins and minerals that are lacking. :taz:

iv been using animal pak for a while...

i like multi's in packs cause its easier for your body to break down and use more effeciently and allows more to be absorbed. the thing with the "1 a days" type multis is that they are so hard compressed into one tablet your body might not break it down all the way and it could come out the same way it went in or have very little breakdown... depends on the persons digestive system as well.

If it's a matter of Animal Pak vs DX7 I strongly urge everyone to simply make a head to head comparison. DX7 is clearly a better product. And Orbit has it at a super low price.

While on cycle, N2GUard will cover all your vit/min needs. If you REALLY want to mega dose, you can add a half dosage of DX7 since it contains more than vits an mins. If you use protein drinks you're getting plenty extra anyway.

Right now Im using Gaspari's and will be trying DX7 very soon.

I like Gaspari's Anavite since it has LCLT and beta-alanine

I use Progressive active multi vitamins, as well I use Progressive Vege Greens.. You get all the phytonutrients, digestive support and more from the greens. They have helped me a lot by bringing up my immune system or at least I think. I can't remember the last time I got sick and people all around me have. As soon as I ran out of the vege greens I caught a cold!

Not sure if coincidence but I did also feel a lot better while on them! Worth it to me ;)

Ordered some N2guard for next cycle though... Will add it to my vege greens!

I wish I had a whole foods, I heard good things about that place

Whole Foods is very pricey although the do have lots of great stuff. Recently, they have started to change their business model from "health food" to upscale health food; lots more variety. Back to the topic. I like and use ADAM from NOW. It's a 2 bd veggicap. Interested in DX7 though.

I like the idea of combing N2Guard with Anavite.

Back
Top Bottom