Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing 29 lbs in 12 weeks while already 8% BF??

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- When TJ Dillashaw agreed to fight Henry Cejudo for the UFC's 125-pound title, he weighed 154 pounds with 8 percent body fat.

So, how in the world did Dillashaw, the UFC's 135-pound bantamweight champion, safely cut 29 pounds in the past 12 weeks for his flyweight title fight on Saturday? The answers lie in his work ethic and a complicated algorithm designed by his strength and conditioning coach Sam Calavitta.

"It makes sure to stay within the bounds of safety, so as not to allow the body to go into siege mode -- a state of withholding that is basically a never-ending circle you can't get out of," says Calavitta, a former aerospace engineer. "That's where guys end up killing themselves."

--------------------------------
This guy self admits he is a little wacked in the head, losing 10 pounds a month for 3 months while already 8%? 8% bf is so hard to attain. Imo, has to be on some ped , looking forward for his fight tonight.

Here's his intro picture at 124.6 lbs
a456012512634d2a9c3eafe476f4a38e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- When TJ Dillashaw agreed to fight Henry Cejudo for the UFC's 125-pound title, he weighed 154 pounds with 8 percent body fat.

So, how in the world did Dillashaw, the UFC's 135-pound bantamweight champion, safely cut 29 pounds in the past 12 weeks for his flyweight title fight on Saturday? The answers lie in his work ethic and a complicated algorithm designed by his strength and conditioning coach Sam Calavitta.

"It makes sure to stay within the bounds of safety, so as not to allow the body to go into siege mode -- a state of withholding that is basically a never-ending circle you can't get out of," says Calavitta, a former aerospace engineer. "That's where guys end up killing themselves."

--------------------------------
This guy self admits he is a little wacked in the head, losing 10 pounds a month for 3 months while already 8%? 8% bf is so hard to attain. Imo, has to be on some ped , looking forward for his fight tonight.

So, how in the world did Dillashaw, the UFC's 135-pound bantamweight champion, safely cut 29 pounds in the past 12 weeks...

But he did not lose 29lbs in twelve weeks, safely.

This guy self-admits he is a little whacked in the head...

There's your answer.

when i was competing for powerlifting I would drop 2-3 pounds the DAY OF my weigh in on some weeks so i would compete in the lower division.

there are all kinds of tricks but mostly it was getting rid of water weight via sweating it out an hour before weigh in.

in his case he took some extreme measures and that is nuts to lose that much body weight... he had to sacrifice muscle mass and a lot of water to do it. a big factor could be homeostasis too, i would be curious to know what he weighed over the past 5 years.

oh yeah, ive been following it the whole way... im interested to see how he performs... this heavy weight fluctuation pretty much derailed roy jones when he was yo yo ing up and down from middle weight to heavy weight.. its so difficult on anyone, especially as you get a little older... a lot of people are convinced in this situation hes going to be on point but im just not so sure until i see it...

oh yeah, ive been following it the whole way... im interested to see how he performs... this heavy weight fluctuation pretty much derailed roy jones when he was yo yo ing up and down from middle weight to heavy weight.. its so difficult on anyone, especially as you get a little older... a lot of people are convinced in this situation hes going to be on point but im just not so sure until i see it...

What do you think his current body fat is? I know your the cardio king and can probably shed a bit more light how hard it must he to shed more weight being in shape already. Like Steve said, he had to lose some muscle aswell imo.

My question is if he’s fighting at 135 why get down to 124??

He moved down in weight for this fight. Hes fighting 125 tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think his current body fat is? I know your the cardio king and can probably shed a bit more light how hard it must he to shed more weight being in shape already. Like Steve said, he had to lose some muscle aswell imo.

just on glance, he is probably only 4-5% and that is so difficult to be at... ive been there and i felt like shit daily and pretty much was a jerk non stop.. i was just really quick to snap for no reason... your just so deprived... he definitely had to sacrifice muscle to get there, absolutely... here's the problem when you walk around 154 and drop THAT much so drastically.... you know that when the fight starts he will be a lot heavier... so hes going up and down like that and its just so hard on someone.... if he looks slower or lethargic etc. i wouldnt be surprised but who knows, ive seen people defy the odds before but trust me, this is not something you can continually do to yourself and perform at your highest level...

. Like Steve said, he had to lose some muscle aswell imo.

much of the muscle is made up of water. if he drops his water in the muscle down to lets say 20% from 60% then that goes a long way.

luckily we know from actual evidence once you go back to normal that water floods the muscle again. a typical bodybuider going into a show would take a few hours. when i did my 19 day fast it took 3 days of normal eating for my muscles to become 'un-flat'..on our podcast trevor told me to have a gatorade and i would plump my muscles back up, he was wrong. you are so deflated it will take more than just a few hours to inflate back.

well... a bummer of a fight to say the least... that stoppage was definitely early... he was getting hit pretty good but he was definitely still in the fight and in a championship match, you cant make that kind of stoppage...

Back
Top Bottom