Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing motivation

sullymarch

Registered
Hey muscleheads, I wanted to let everyone know that I think you're a good group of bros. You're very disciplined, very motivated and are perfectionists that keep striving to be the best they can be. The last five years have been a challenge for me I will admit. I used to love going to the gym years ago but no longer feel the urge to be there and find it a huge annoyance. Given I do go 3-4 days/wk it just isn't the same as it used to be. I look at myself and think...wow what happened to me? Not because i'm out of shape, because i'm in good shape, but does anyone else feel this way at times?

Everyone struggles with motivation at times. You may be overthinking things in the gym, and this may also be found in other areas of your life. A nice mindfulness meditation, done regularly (I am the Buddha) can do wonders regarding improved focus and attitude. Pm me for recommendations...

I lose motivation soon as winter hits and its freezing cold and 6 hour sun per day.
Typically I gain 3-4% bodyfat during the winter months because I just dont have the energy to keep pushing myself like I do during the summer (read shirtless time lol)

Hey muscleheads, I wanted to let everyone know that I think you're a good group of bros. You're very disciplined, very motivated and are perfectionists that keep striving to be the best they can be. The last five years have been a challenge for me I will admit. I used to love going to the gym years ago but no longer feel the urge to be there and find it a huge annoyance. Given I do go 3-4 days/wk it just isn't the same as it used to be. I look at myself and think...wow what happened to me? Not because i'm out of shape, because i'm in good shape, but does anyone else feel this way at times?

Could just be a tad bit of depression...
How's Ur hormones?

Same relationship and job for years with kids?

Try a new gym... Shake up Ur live...
The problem prob doesn't come from the gym directly, but the gym motivation is the result of another factor in Ur life.
Have to figure out that initial factor first, and the rest will follow

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a rut, so I change things up at the gym to get a fresh perspective

im about as driven as they come... i run 10 miles per day alone... thats not counting any other training and trust me, i have my days... its human nature... you just bounce back the next day and not let it get to you... sometimes things happen in life that can preoccupy us, stress us, distract etc. and you just have to dig down and get through it... its always easier said than done, but when it comes down to it, its all about you... its about how truly bad you really want something... unless you have something medically wrong, then this is just fact...

happens to everyone, we are humans. doesn't matter if it is working out, playing a sport, or a hobby

instead of trying to diagnose 'what is wrong with me?'.. just accept this is human nature. once you do, then do what you enjoy.

what i tell guys is there are other avenues for fitness rather than the gym. how about hot yoga for a few months? a room full of half naked sweaty chicks and nice de compression and building flexibility and mobility. that will help you once you do decide to go back to the gym which will always be there for you.

I would definitely get some blood work to check test levels.

How old are you?

It can happen to all of us to some degree, but I stay pretty focused on my goals for the most part. Your drive to get better has to be high enough that motivation doesn't become an issue

Everyone hits a rut from time to time. When was the last time you gave yourself a break? Take a week off and do somethings for yourself with someone you care about. A girl (boy?), some buddies, family, etc. Step out for a little. A week break won't destroy your gains. Maybe all you need is a bit of rest. We live in a GO GO GO GO GO future. Might be time for a time out?

Just find a why to keep training and yes there will always some moments when you will loose motivation but own it up and keep going. At the end of the day the one who keeps going achieves his goals. More than rest I would say see if there is anything you maybe lacking on

I don't go to the gym if I don't feel like it however I feel like it most of the time because I want to be better than most people out there as far as physical fitness goes and I just want to feel better in general.

Meditation and mindfulness are sure ways to increase focus and motivation. If you aren’t familiar feel free to pm me for some basic guidance...

I sincerely feel you, dear! It happens to everyone, believe me. All you need to do is to find something that can interest you. Try to change a job to a better one. I can recommend you follow this link and read an article that played a role in my life. I am not joking. After I read it, I knew how to act to get a dream job. You might not believe it, but I did it!

Brah you need to enjoy the grind just love the pain and feel refreshed from it every single time you go in!

Listen to our podcast where we keep you bros motivated every single day: https://www.evolutionary.org/podcasts/

Back
Top Bottom