Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low T at age 34 - what to do next?

CLF

Just had the hormone panel done thru PrivateMDlabs - now I need to decide what direction to go as far as supplementation and PEDs are concerned.

My stats:

Just turned 34. Been lifting weights since I was 13, but only seriously training (Oly lifting first and then powerlifting) for 5 years.
5'9", 195 lb. , 15% BF (usually I sit at ~11-12% and a little bit lighter).
Diet is ~40/30/30 C/P/F, above maintenance to gain some mass
Sleeping 7-8 hr per night, job is not particularly stressful
Only "cycle" (embarrassed that I wasted the $$) was 2 years ago: 6 weeks of the DHEA version of Bold (used formeron, prolactrone, and DAA as a PCT, felt zero effect and saw zero results from it).

total test was 403 one year ago, doc didn't order the full hormone panel though

here's the results from Saturday morning:

18JAN Lab Result.jpg

I still have far more ups and downs with mood than I think I should given that I'm at a pretty good place mentally, and it doesn't seem to matter how carefully I adjust my volume and intensity, but training beats me up pretty quickly and my energy level is hit and miss. Single and not looking (at the moment) but sex drive is mediocre.

Curent plan was to run a SARM cycle along with HCGenerate to see what improvements I can make without going the AAS route. I'm probably too young and not quite low enough to ask my doc about TRT . . . but maybe I need to at least see an endocrinologist to get some input.

Any advice?

I'd def see an endo.
If you are interested in running a cycle I would recommend a actual testosterone only cycle. I would not continue to spend time on "cycles" that aren't gonna give you the results you will see from aas.
You also have the option of self prescribing your trt. You will need to spend a lot of time studying up on testosterone first, but it's not a hard thing to do and you clearly are up on how to get and interpret your bloodwork.

OK, you're Probably Too High on the Total Test for a GP.
Go the Endo route, and Stress the Fact that you're not Feeling Well.

Tell Him or Her that you have No Sex Drive, No Energy, Not Sleeping Well.
Also Explain that your Training is Beating you Down.

It's not all about the #'s.
The Symptomology goes a long way also, if the Doctor is worth a Shit....................................... JP
P.S.
I wish you Luck !
If not you could always look into a Test only Cycle.

Definitely worth checking into a endo....although I'm 26 with a 375 total t and I got denied...take that for what it's worth....seek some professional advice and research alottttt and I meant alot. Good luck !

Appreciate the help so far guys

Have a new PCM and I'm meeting with him next Monday to ask about an endo referral - I will definitely be stressing how I feel most importantly, but also the fact that my 60+ yr old father has T levels near mine (whether my levels are "normal" or not). I won't touch any test boosters or PEDs until I see what the endo wants to do.

I work in the strength and conditioning/sports nutrition field, I've exhausted every food and training option that I know of. Not that an MD actually respects my credentials, but maybe if I can find an endo who's an athelte . . .

Anybody have any threads bookmarked with guidelines for self-prescribed TRT? I'll start reading up on everything I can find here in the meantime.

Appreciate the help so far guys

Have a new PCM and I'm meeting with him next Monday to ask about an endo referral - I will definitely be stressing how I feel most importantly, but also the fact that my 60+ yr old father has T levels near mine (whether my levels are "normal" or not). I won't touch any test boosters or PEDs until I see what the endo wants to do.

I work in the strength and conditioning/sports nutrition field, I've exhausted every food and training option that I know of. Not that an MD actually respects my credentials, but maybe if I can find an endo who's an athelte . . .

Anybody have any threads bookmarked with guidelines for self-prescribed TRT? I'll start reading up on everything I can find here in the meantime.
Yea those ranges are flawed anyways....from a scale of 18 years old to 80 literally lol. So is 400 normal, sure, but for who?? A 60 year old??? sure isnt normal for a 26 year old. That's why I cannot stand the scales. Search around for some self trt....most people that do stick to 150mg to 250mg a week to every 10 days or 2 weeks. Depends on how good the gear is in my honest opinion. Me personally(if I decide to do self trt) will do watson test c 150mg every 10 days. My 2 cents....there is alot of good info out there bud. Don't take any one persons advice although your an adult and I'm sure u know that lol and learn as much as possible. We are here to help

going on HRT for the rest of your life is a huge decision.

you have to ask yourself if your lifestyle choices are contributing.. and I do not mean just if you eat good and exercise but also what you do for a living. stress both at home and at the office is deadly when it comes to crushing your test levels and skyrocketing your cortisol levels.

yes if you hop on the sauce forever that will cause your T to go up to lets say 700 or 800 at a TRT dose. but will it mean that the problems you have at home or at the office will go away? are you eating as well as you could? are you exercising daily? are you freeing your mind and doing relaxation? are you getting enough sleep? ask yourself those questions. cause too many guys assume fixing their T levels is the end all and its far from it.

Last edited:
going on HRT for the rest of your life is a huge decision.

you have to ask yourself if your lifestyle choices are contributing.. and I do not mean just if you eat good and exercise but also what you do for a living. stress both at home and at the office is deadly when it comes to crushing your test levels and skyrocketing your cortisol levels.

yes if you hop on the sauce forever that will cause your T to go up to lets say 700 or 800 at a TRT dose. but will it mean that the problems you have at home or at the office will go away? are you eating as well as you could? are you exercising daily? are you freeing your mind and doing relaxation? are you getting enough sleep? ask yourself those questions. cause too many guys assume fixing their T levels is the end all and its far from it.

agree 100% and appreciate that input - hope I didn't make it sound like I was eager to pin for the next 50+ years because I'm definitely not.

I'm just getting frustrated with this uphill battle to feel good (on a pretty regular basis) in the gym and in the bedroom and I want to be aware of the worst case scenario (TRT). I didn't want to have a total hip replacement at age 33 either (congenital defect that got worse with time) but to have a good quality of life, I had to do it - had to face the worst case scenario.

I have my life pretty much in order. Solid in my faith, confident in my skills at my job (it's not the best job I've had but its not high stress). Not putting much money away but I can pay my bills and take care of myself. Had some relationship stress 3 or 4 months back but I worked through it.

Honestly, would be nice to just see what having test at 800 feels like - maybe I've got some other issue going on thats not showing up in bloodwork and it won't do much for me at all.

bro you're a little low on lh/fsh and test but nothing super horrible...add some hcgenerate with some ostarine mk and add in cardarine gw 20mgs ED....

bro you're a little low on lh/fsh and test but nothing super horrible...add some hcgenerate with some ostarine mk and add in cardarine gw 20mgs ED....

I have some HCGenerate on hand but I'll probably save it for a SARMs cycle similar to what you just mentioned.

I am curious as to what HCGenerate would do solo . . . definitely one of the cheaper options, even looking at taking it year-round with short breaks

I think that if you ran hcgenerate es you would see a world of difference

I have some HCGenerate on hand but I'll probably save it for a SARMs cycle similar to what you just mentioned.

I am curious as to what HCGenerate would do solo . . . definitely one of the cheaper options, even looking at taking it year-round with short breaks

get the ES version and run it 3wks out of the month so you do not build a tolerance.

Im younger and dont want to do TRT despite my piss poor levels. This is something im considering since i get jack sh!t assistance from work on the TRT.

any ai @ a low dose will also help the hcgen es only up tes levels, not estrogen too. n2bm has liquidex which would workout well for this purpose, its the combo im looking to start once the next doc i see gives bad news again.

GL tho

TRT is a big decision, but unfortunately it can be necessary if your levels are low and you extinguish all avenues to raise them naturally. I've been there myself, using every means I had to get them raised but couldn't get them above 200. I'm also a bit older than you and went on TRT at 39, but it did make a world of difference on sense of well being. It's just a big decision with a lot of things to consider. Pinning the rest of your life won't be fun, and if you plan on having any children I would wait on TRT at least until after that.

gymrat - I'll definitely be getting bloodwork done after 4 weeks of HCGenerate ES in PCT (not sure how soon I'll run the SARMs cycle but I'll post updates). I hope it helps out - if it makes a major quality of life improvement, I could see myself investing in running it year round. Like you, I think I'm not far gone enough to go on TRT but low enough to have it messing with my life.

RickRock - completely forgot about the whole having kids aspect. I split up with the woman who I thought was going to be the mother of my kid(s) 4 months ago so the whole dad thing is uncertain right now but I do want to have that option open.

If you want TRT, do not waste your time going to a doctor. They're going to tell you no every single time unless you're damn near dead. Then they'll start you off on 100mg for 2 weeks or something super weak that'll really mess you up. The correct way to get TRT is by going to a men's clinic (Google it for your area). They don't give a shit how old you are or why you think you you need trt. They just want your $$$. Super easy. I did both of these senerios and eventually decided to just use a source and skip the BS. Less money, less headache = more time in the gym and feeling in control of your life.

BTW, I'm 34. My pre trt total test was 375. 3 doctors said no, 2 men's clinics didn't even ask. Just told me to bend over! LOL

BTW, I'm 34. My pre trt total test was 375. 3 doctors said no, 2 men's clinics didn't even ask. Just told me to bend over! LOL

thanks for the info. I used to see those all over FL but I'm temporarily living farther north - need to search for a bit.

Does your insurance cover much/any of it?

Yep, my insurance covered 90%. I think my 1st bill was like $17? I mostly just did the trt route to get my feet wet and get the wife used to seeing me do it. Then after about 2-3 months I just found a source here and skipped the clinic. Now I'm half way through my 1st test cycle.

Anyway, if you seriously want to stay on trt doses and never cycle, then just go to a men's clinic and make sure to tell them you want 100mg/week minimum to start and you want to do self injections. My 1st clinic would not let me do at home injections so I found one that would. I told my clinic that I had to work over seas and that when I get back I'll be in touch. This way I'll always have a script waiting for me in case I need one.

I doubt that'll ever happen tho. Going through a source is just so much easier.

Back
Top Bottom