Join Evolutionary Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega cycle... the point of deminishing returns

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Mega cycle... the point of deminishing returns

Inspired by a discussion in the Aussie forum on a reported pro cycle I thought I'd spout a few words.

So every so often we will see an article (sometimes click bait) the purports to reveal just how crazy some SOB has been. Gram after gram of gear, unit after unit after unit of 'slin and GH. A few peptides we have to go look up and almost certainly on 24-7 without a break for years. We kinda want it to be true. We sort of want it to be the case that that's how a pro, all pros, get to be the genetic freaks of nature they seem to be on stage.

I'm sure there's the odd one or two it IS true for. Heck, they are easy to spot. They will be the guys who come on, stay two years max, then disappear. They aren't the Big Ramy's or Phil Heaths and they definitely aren't the Dexter Jackson's. Even if we agree that one part of a pros genetic make up is how they handle PED's (a better response than most) there's very little likelihood of a 20+ year competitive career athlete using 5g a week year round.

I wrote this week of an interaction with roid guru / PED expert Dave Crosland who, in one of his documentaries, went to the 5g a week level (as well as high levels of 'slin and GH etc). He looked like beaten up dog shit, ended up in ER/A&E yet surpassed 400lbs. I got to ask him what was the best amount he'd taken vs results. The reply was 2g a week. He's no pro-bodybuilder but he is a fkin freak. He walks around at 350-360 usually. We all also know of the infamous Bostin Loyd. We know, or can find, his 5g a week cycles. But Bostin is no pro. He doesn't walk around at 350lbs and even Bostin had decided to drop, of late, down to the 1-1.5g a week level.

Like so-called funny cars / dragsters to go to the crazy levels burns their engines up. They do 300mph and 5 second 1/4 miles but you can do anything else with them. It'd be a hell of a ride to go tandem in one - a rush and a half. But not something you can do daily. Mega cycle are like that. Fun to think about but kinda pointless. There is and always will be a law of diminishing returns. For a few it's that 2g a week limit and everybody else will be less. Taking more becomes more 'I want to' than 'I need to cos of the benefits'. Very much insecurity and dismporphia vs results.
    Last edited by Mobster; 10-11-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    • Multiple record holder.
    • British and European Grip Champion.
    • Magazine writer.
    • Strength Training Coach.
    • Former supplement company owner.

Want a RoidMass discount? PM ME

Aussie V.I.P.
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Inspired by a discussion in the Aussie forum on a reported pro cycle I thought I'd spout a few words.

So every so often we will see an article (sometimes click bait) the purports to reveal just how crazy some SOB has been. Gram after gram of gear, unit after unit after unit of 'slin and GH. A few peptides we have to go look up and almost certainly on 24-7 without a break for years. We kinda want it to be true. We sort of want it to be the case that that's how a pro, all pros, get to be the genetic freaks of nature they seem to be on stage.

I'm sure there's the odd one or two it IS true for. Heck, they are easy to spot. They will be the guys who come on, stay two years max, then disappear. They aren't the Big Ramy's or Phil Heaths and they definitely aren't the Dexter Jackson's. Even if we agree that one part of a pros genetic make up is how they handle PED's (a better response than most) there's very little likelihood of a 20+ year competitive career athlete using 5g a week year round.

I wrote this week of an interaction with roid guru / PED expert Dave Crosland who, in one of his documentaries, went to the 5g a week level (as well as high levels of 'slin and GH etc). He looked like beaten up dog shit, ended up in ER/A&E yet surpassed 400lbs. I got to ask him what was the best amount he'd taken vs results. The reply was 2g a week. He's no pro-bodybuilder but he is a fkin freak. He walks around at 350-360 usually. We all also know of the infamous Bostin Loyd. We know, or can find, his 5g a week cycles. But Bostin is no pro. He doesn't walk around at 350lbs and even Bostin had decided to drop, of late, down to the 1-1.5g a week level.

Like so-called funny cars / dragsters to go to the crazy levels burns their engines up. They do 300mph and 5 second 1/4 miles but you can do anything else with them. It'd be a hell of a ride to go tandem in one - a rush and a half. But not something you can do daily. Mega cycle are like that. Fun to think about but kinda pointless. There is and always will be a law of diminishing returns. For a few it's that 2g a week limit and everybody else will be less. Taking more becomes more 'I want to' than 'I need to cos of the benefits'. Very much insecurity and dismporphia vs results.
    And for some its simply I have it so I'll use it...

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    i've honestly never ran more than 800mg of a gear a week total

i prefer to run very tiny dosages and use SARM's and other supplements. i feel better and live a much more active/healthy lifestyle that way
    Approved steroid source link> https://www.roidmass.com/?tracking=5610d6c778198
    My fav sources> http://goo.gl/zoZD2D
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker Ebook

Moderator and Podcast Host muskate's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    With anything in life, there is a point of diminishing returns.

Meaning, as your inputs increase, your results decrease and eventually become negative.

This graph sums it up greatly -

Trevor Kouritzin
    Needtobuildmuscle.com Representative
    Chemical Engineer
    Canfitpro personal trainer certified
    For training inquires please send me a private message or email [email protected]
    Check out my clothing line -> Alldayclothes.com

#1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post

i prefer to run very tiny dosages and use SARM's and other supplements. i feel better and live a much more active/healthy lifestyle that way
    Me neither
    • Magazine writer.

Cyborg Humanoid Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Kiwi View Post
    And for some its simply I have it so I'll use it...
    Yeah, from my experience, it usually goes something like this:

Me: "So why have you included five compounds in this cycle?"

Bro: "Well I have [this and that], and they're close to their expiration dates. So..."

(Banging head against wall.)

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I agree with both main points here. You will get great results without having to go up to grams of gear each week. I think guys just think "if I use more gear I can slack off more on training/diet". Not true!

We do hear it all the time guys just putting cycles together because they have gear on hand. Never makes any sense.
    Canadian Customers...contact me for discounts on sponsor products!!!

Roid Mass----> https://www.roidmass.com/?tracking=5696fd161c312
    Contact me for a 5% off code!!!

Subscribe to the Evolutionary.org podcast here: Canada - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...071339501?mt=2 USA - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...o/id1071339501

#1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    Yeah, from my experience, it usually goes something like this:

Me: "So why have you included five compounds in this cycle?"

Bro: "Well I have [this and that], and they're close to their expiration dates. So..."

(Banging head against wall.)
    Two weeks back it went 'my package arrived and they put something extra in so how can I use it?'. My reply was 'save it for next time'. I've left over hear here, free gear coming (thank you for a favour) and enough SARMs for a small cycle. They all wait until I need 'em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masonic Bodybuilder View Post
    I agree with both main points here. You will get great results without having to go up to grams of gear each week. I think guys just think "if I use more gear I can slack off more on training/diet". Not true!

We do hear it all the time guys just putting cycles together because they have gear on hand. Never makes any sense.
    Too, too often. It's like eating everything you got in one hit... 'well it's food right?' lol
    • Magazine writer.

Aussie V.I.P.
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post

Yea fair enough too, but ur only small dude..

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Kiwi View Post
    Yea fair enough too, but ur only small dude..
    Whereas I'm not and used less than that lol
    • Magazine writer.