Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mild Thoracolumbar Dextroscoliosis.. didn't know where to ask this question but..

trank406

Buff Brother
Technique: Three view L-Spine

Findings: 5 lumbar type vertebrae are demonstrated. Mild/moderate chronic disc space narrowing at L5-S1. Thoracolumbar dextroscoliosis. Vertebral body heights and alignment are preserved. The other disc spaces are unremarkable as are the posterior elements. There has been no significant change from the previous exam.

Impression: No acute findings. Chronic LS-S1 disc space narrowing.

^^ So I have an appointment with my primary doctor but it's not till the 28th of next month and I can't wait that long because I need to get back into the gym. It's been 5 days no gym just bed rest and it's really depressing and I just want the pain to go away so I can go back to my normal life. What do you guys suggest I take for the pain? Doctors here don't prescribe pain meds they only gave me 10 flexeril pills and I have 7 left and it hasn't been helping. Any suggestions on what I should do to solve this problem?

Findings: 5 lumbar type vertebrae are demonstrated. Mild/moderate chronic disc space narrowing at L5-S1. Thoracolumbar dextroscoliosis. Vertebral body heights and alignment are preserved. The other disc spaces are unremarkable as are the posterior elements. There has been no significant change from the previous exam.

^^ So I have an appointment with my primary doctor but it's not till the 28th of next month and I can't wait that long because I need to get back into the gym. It's been 5 days no gym just bed rest and it's really depressing and I just want the pain to go away so I can go back to my normal life. What do you guys suggest I take for the pain? Doctors here don't prescribe pain meds they only gave me 10 flexeril pills and I have 7 left and it hasn't been helping. Any suggestions on what I should do to solve this problem?

Do not think narcotics are the answer!!!
I have lost more of my life to them than I want to tell!!!
I thought I could not live without them!!! I have taken more hydro, 10s and percent 10s than most people that are still alive. I am free from the garbage. They are like a miracle for a while. Then you feel like a dead man, and lie to your self and say it's not the pills! Cuz you would rather die than not have them. And it happens fast. And yes it will happen to YOU!!! You won't want help, you just want to be left alone...... Forget it!!

try spinal decompression? Physical Therapy, Chiropractic.

how's the pain on a scale of 0-10 in general? Does it get worse or better? If so, what makes it get worse or better?

All chronic pain, nothing acute?

Back pain sucks ass!!!! Had discectomy at 23 years old. Pain meds just mask pain and can give you false sense of recovery and can cause you to do too much and injure even worse. I have a "tins" unit that i use when i have a flare up. Sucks being on bed rest but it can get worse if you overdo it. Good luck!

I had a Laminectomy at L-4/L-5 in 1977, and now have a little Scoliosis and Bone Spurs at the Surgical Site, along with Narrowing of about 3 other Discs.

Have you had this since you were Younger, because it's Genetic in most Instances.

The best Advice that I can give you is, drop those Muscle Relaxers, and try an NSAID (Aspirin (anacin, bayer, ascriptin, or Ibuprofen, advil, motrin)

Stay away from Tylenol (acetaminophen, excedrin).

Extremely bad for your Liver, and unlike Aspirin, you can't take anything to Mitigate the Damage.

Although, the best advice, and one that I have found to Work Extremely Well.

Purchase an Inversion Table - go to Amazon - you'll find about 50 or so - from Inexpensive to Top of Line (Teeter Hangup).

I personally have an Innova Inversion Table (little over $100), and worth 1,000 x that in Pain Relief........................................JP

I had a Laminectomy at L-4/L-5 in 1977, and now have a little Scoliosis and Bone Spurs at the Surgical Site, along with Narrowing of about 3 other Discs.

Have you had this since you were Younger, because it's Genetic in most Instances.

The best Advice that I can give you is, drop those Muscle Relaxers, and try an NSAID (Aspirin (anacin, bayer, ascriptin, or Ibuprofen, advil, motrin)

Extremely bad for your Liver, and unlike Aspirin, you can't take anything to Mitigate the Damage.

Purchase an Inversion Table - go to Amazon - you'll find about 50 or so - from Inexpensive to Top of Line (Teeter Hangup).

I personally have an Innova Inversion Table (little over $100), and worth 1,000 x that in Pain Relief........................................JP

Thanks for all the replies. I wasn't asking what kinds of pain meds or over the counter medicines to take believe me I don't want to put that shit in my body I'd rather not have any problems with my body so I don't have to take anything. I'm not worried about addiction.. don't have time for it. I was just asking what you guys think I should do to solve the problem just in case my doctor gives me a hard time because he's probably going to want me to do physical therapy before anything else and the people at the ER said that physical therapy might not help and that I might need a spinal fusion to get some rods put in my lower back to fix the curve. I'm just stressed out. Now about the teeter hangup.. will that help my scoliosis? I don't have the money for it right now but I would like to know more about it and how long I stay upside down for and if it will help with my scoliosis.. thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Max-IT60...id=1395797793&sr=8-6&keywords=teeter+hang-ups

^^ Is this a good one!? how long do I stay upside down for and how often should I use it?

I have something similar but in my neck c5 c6 area. Narrowing in areas and spur. I get a cortisone shot right in the neck 1 time a year works great for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Max-IT60...id=1395797793&sr=8-6&keywords=teeter+hang-ups

^^ Is this a good one!? how long do I stay upside down for and how often should I use it?
I started using my Inversion Table for my Scoliosis, and it has Helped greatly.

My Hips were also out of Alignment, it was making it extremely hard to get into Proper Position to do a Flat Bench Press.

I can now do the Flat Bench again, after many years of only doing Incline and Decline presses.

I know the Surgery that you're talking about, I knew someone who had it done, it'll limit your Mobility Greatly.

Avoid it if you can. I don't know about now, but it used to have a 1 Year or Longer Recovery Period.

Surgery has gotten better, but not when they want to put Rods on either side of your Spine.

They still have to put Hooks and Screws into the Spine to Anchor the Rods, very Painful Indeed.

Also, are they talking about putting them in the Anterior (front) or the Posterior (rear), of the Spine.

Either way, It's a Tough Surgery.

Have you looked into Decompression Therapy (Hudson Valley Scoliosis.com), this isn't always an Option, but it's worth Investigating.

For an Inversion Table try this one.

www.amazon.com

Innova-ITX9300-Inversion Table, I think it'll be more Comfortable.

I have the Innova IT 9250, it has less Padding.

You start out with about 5 minutes a day, if you can handle it, if not, do whatever you can, and work up to it.

You're looking for 10 minutes a day, every day. You can do longer if you want to, but 10 min. is recommended.

I felt an Immediate difference, that's why I mentioned the Decompression Therapy, your Insurance will cover it...............................JP

Last edited:
Mild Thoracolumbar Dextroscoliosis.. didn't know where to ask this question b...

Just like Jp said do whatever you can to avoid spinal fusion, I had a laminectomy done a couple years ago for an extremely herniated disc. It was emergency surgery they were afraid it would completely herniate into my spinal column and if that happened I would need fusion. The neurosurgeon told me fusion is a nightmare and it is a minimum of 3-6 month recovery time (that's without screws and rods), he said I was so badly herniated that a laminectomy might not be enough that I could do it and still need fusion or I could just do fusion and be done with it. I did the laminectomy and prayed to god and did everything the doc said to prevent fusion. After that a buddy of mine fell off a roof at work and needed fusion and some rods and bolts. He has seriously decreased mobility, just riding his harley for an hour is torture for him. I know you seem to not want physical therapy but it helped me huge after my surgery. That coupled with NSAIDs, and a topical cream of muscle relaxers and lidocaine and I was able to use the inversion table pretty quickly after. Definitely get one brother it is a god send for back sufferers, helps straighten everything out, and just feels great. I do 15-20 mins a day after my shower, sometimes longer, and now I take Advil more for headaches than I do for back pain lol. Good luck brother, I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know which kind of Surgery they were talking to you about, but if it's the Anterior (front) Spinal Fusion.

Tell them to take a Hike !!!

During this Procedure, the Surgeon makes Incisions in the Patients side, Deflates the Lung, and removes a Rib, to reach the Spine.

This Type of Surgery carries Extreme Risk - if they tell you something different - they're a Bunch of Liars................................JP

P.S.
Besides the Decompression Therapy, there's Laser Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, the two latter are Less Evasive.

Your bend is Mid-Spine, correct, is the bend over 45 degrees, if not, look at Alternatives.

Last edited:
Have degenerative disc disease in lumbar spine. Disc are very thin. Inversion some yoga and bridging have made a great difference for me. Also started taking tb500 for tennis elbow and seems to have helped lower back also. Good luck lower back pain sucks.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

JP, they didn't say anything about surgery well my primary doctor didn't anyways just the people at the ER and I read that dextroscoliosis of the lumbar spine if I have a curve of the back bone and I want to straighten it out then I'd need surgery or a back brace to straighten it out. Now I'm scared shitless of surgery especially because I don't want them to fuck up my back more and I really don't want to be out of the gym for months that will really depress me. The gym is my life now it's what saved me from my drug addiction to be honest so I really just want to do something to fix it and be able to get back into the gym. If I get the inversion table from amazon how long do you think it will be before I can lift weights again? For right now I'm probably just going to do cardio when I go to the gym and not lift weights but I guess I'll suck it up and see if I could just stick to machines even though I so badly want to lift weights.

Hey JP I found this one on amazon do you think this one would be legit for my scoliosis? I just want something that will straighten up my back this is the one I found let me know if you think it's worth a try:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Max-IT6000-Inversion-Therapy/dp/B001O2SRGM/ref=sr_1_6/191-1092549-6584838?ie=UTF8&qid=1395797793&sr=8-

I have a few for you, go to the 1st Page, they're on there, It should have loaded behind this post, but it didn't...................................JP
P.S.
The one I posted has a little more Padding, for you, I think it will be more Comfortable.

JP thanks brother.. this is the one I ended up getting here is the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Innova-Fitness-ITX9300-Inversion-Therapy/dp/B0030DOJ74

I didn't buy it from amazon though they had a sale going at Big 5 sporting goods so I bought it today for 89 bucks plus tax I used it and definitely think it's going to help out! I also have to call on Monday to make an appointment with the physical therapist so hopefully those two things will help with the scoliosis. How long do you think before I am able to go back to lifting weights again? A month or two or less? I don't want to lose my bulk you know what I mean that's the only thing that's scaring me! And I especially don't want to lose my strength!

JP thanks brother.. this is the one I ended up getting here is the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Innova-Fitness-ITX9300-Inversion-Therapy/dp/B0030DOJ74

I didn't buy it from amazon though they had a sale going at Big 5 sporting goods so I bought it today for 89 bucks plus tax I used it and definitely think it's going to help out! I also have to call on Monday to make an appointment with the physical therapist so hopefully those two things will help with the scoliosis. How long do you think before I am able to go back to lifting weights again? A month or two or less? I don't want to lose my bulk you know what I mean that's the only thing that's scaring me! And I especially don't want to lose my strength!
I'm glad that you got the Table for a very good price, It's very similar to mine, difference being, the one I have doesn't have the Padding.
Do you know what your Physical Therapist is going to do, I know it's much better than the last time I was there in the mid 70's, for a neck injury.

As far as when you'll be able to go back to the Gym. I wish that I could give you an answer, It's all depended on you, and your Recovery.
I will say this, I understand your need to get back as soon as Possible, but Don't Rush It, or you will Re-injure yourself.

If you can for now do Body-weight workouts, if you can.
It's really Difficult to say do this or do that, when I can't see for myself, what your Limitations are...............................JP

P.S.
When it comes to an Injury, everyone is Extremely Different.

Thanks JP! Yeah I was thinking just suck it up for right now and do cardio and maybe light weights or if possible just stick to machines.. I know it's going to be difficult for me because I don't want to lose my strength and size but I can always gain that back. Besides I've been wanting to cut a little bf anyways so lol it might of worked out for a reason the way it did.

As far as the physical therapist I don't know what they're going to do for my physical therapy sessions yet.. hopefully something enjoyable and hopefully it does help my back. I will be calling them on Monday to schedule an appointment. Will update and let you guys know how it goes! Thanks for all your support man I appreciate it!

Thanks JP! Yeah I was thinking just suck it up for right now and do cardio and maybe light weights or if possible just stick to machines.. I know it's going to be difficult for me because I don't want to lose my strength and size but I can always gain that back. Besides I've been wanting to cut a little bf anyways so lol it might of worked out for a reason the way it did.

As far as the physical therapist I don't know what they're going to do for my physical therapy sessions yet.. hopefully something enjoyable and hopefully it does help my back. I will be calling them on Monday to schedule an appointment. Will update and let you guys know how it goes! Thanks for all your support man I appreciate it!
I would say for right now, just do what is Comfortable to do, if it's hurting, even a little, don't try to tough it out, that's a Mistake.

One that I've made a few times, so don't be Stupid, like I was.

Please learn from my mistakes, and you will recuperate quickly.

That Axiom, "No Pain, No Gain", doesn't work for an Injury, anyhow they weren't talking about Acute Pain.

When ever you get "Acute Pain", stop Immediately.

Yes, please let me know what the Therapist does for you, if I remember correctly, when last I went for a Neck Injury.

They had this Chair that you would get strapped into, and then a Harness would fit around the back of your Head and under your Jaw.

It would Pull-up and hold for about 20 seconds (seemed like an hour), and then release, and repeat (Spinal Decompression of Neck).

Then there was some kind of Ultra sound machine for about 10 or 15 minutes.

Then I would get a Hot Compress for 20 minutes, followed by a Message (my favorite)............................................JP

Yeah I'll definitely let you know how it goes when I do make that appointment and end up going! And for right now definitely will be careful and just stick to cardio and body weight workouts! Thanks again man.. I'll def keep you updated!

Back
Top Bottom