bannednutrition.com

Thread: Mk-0677 GH Bleed or Increased GH Pulsation

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Mk-0677 GH Bleed or Increased GH Pulsation

I've been reading a lot on various forums/ studies and cannot seem to get to the bottom of whether Ibutamoren (mk-0677) increases natural pulsation or whether it creates a constant leak of GH (GH bleed). I have searched through pubmed and other research engines and cannot find any mention of Ibutamoren causing a supposed GH bleed. Please attach supporting evidence to this post in accordance to your opinion.

As always thanks.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It mimics your body's natural HGH output through pulsation. http://www.evolutionary.org/nutrobal-mk-677-ibutamoren

Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of β-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Methods: A double-blind, multicenter study was conducted in which 563 patients with mild to moderate AD were randomized to receive MK-677 25 mg or placebo daily for 12 months. Efficacy measures were mean change from baseline at month 12 on the Clinician's Interview Based Impression of Change with caregiver input (CIBIC-plus), the cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-Cog), Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL), and the Clinical Dementia Rating-sum of boxes (CDR-sob).

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ≤20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.

Conclusion: Despite evidence of target engagement as indicated by an increase in serum insulin-like growth factor-1, the human growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 25 mg was ineffective at slowing the rate of progression of Alzheimer disease.

EVO V.I.P.
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanchz View Post
    I've been reading a lot on various forums/ studies and cannot seem to get to the bottom of whether Ibutamoren (mk-0677) increases natural pulsation or whether it creates a constant leak of GH (GH bleed). I have searched through pubmed and other research engines and cannot find any mention of Ibutamoren causing a supposed GH bleed. Please attach supporting evidence to this post in accordance to your opinion.

As always thanks.
    Ya problem with this stuff is its relitivly new so research is still limited.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    @muskate has given a pretty much detailed explanation. However, as Dallas has well said - since it is such a new compound, you won't find many studies on it. Remember - it takes a lot of effort and time to conduct a study, so you will have to wait for a while to see more studies comming.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author