Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Myth that short cycles are needed to prevent myostatin increasing

DarrenW29

There is a common misbelief that myostatin increases the longer you are on cycle. The study I am about to post shows that that's not true.

They gave doses of up to 600 mg Test for 20 weeks and found that myostatin spiked at week 8 (day 56) but when they measured myostatin concetration at week 20 (day 140) it was back to baseline even in the 600 mg group. From this information we can conclude that longer, lower dose cycles are probaly more effective then shorter, high-dose ones.

Methodological problems, including binding of myostatin to plasma proteins and cross-reactivity of assay reagents with other proteins, have confounded myostatin measurements. Here we describe development of an accurate assay for measuring myostatin concentrations in humans. Monoclonal antibodies that bind to distinct regions of myostatin served as capture and detector antibodies in a sandwich ELISA that used acid treatment to dissociate myostatin from binding proteins. Serum from myostatin-deficient Belgian Blue cattle was used as matrix and recombinant human myostatin as standard. The quantitative range was 0.15–37.50 ng/mL. Intra- and inter-assay CVs in low, mid, and high range were 4.1%, 4.7%, and 7.2%, and 3.9%, 1.6%, and 5.2%, respectively. Myostatin protein was undetectable in sera of Belgian Blue cattle and myostatin knockout mice. Recovery in spiked sera approximated 100%. ActRIIB-Fc or anti-myostatin antibody MYO-029 had no effect on myostatin measurements when assayed at pH 2.5. Myostatin levels were higher in young than older men (mean ± S.E.M. 8.0 ± 0.3 ng/mL vs. 7.0 ± 0.4 ng/mL, P = 0.03). In men treated with graded doses of testosterone, myostatin levels were significantly higher on day 56 than baseline in both young and older men; changes in myostatin levels were significantly correlated with changes in total and free testosterone in young men. Myostatin levels were not significantly associated with lean body mass in either young or older men.

Conclusion
Myostatin ELISA has the characteristics of a valid assay: nearly 100% recovery, excellent precision, accuracy, and sufficient sensitivity to enable measurement of myostatin concentrations in men and women.

Longer cycles are always needed for results. Without long cycles no need to use steroids IMO.

As per your posts on the 240 genes the body has a lot of what might be termed 'weights and measure'. Some genes will allow growth and others will inhibit it. We could debate about what length of cycle is perfect from now to dooms day.

i think people mix up homeostasis and myostatin too much. i've seen you post some threads on myostatin, seems an obsession to get as big as possible

Kinda. He also posts other science stuff - just weighted to myostatin

Well, since I'm credited as the originator of the short cycle concept (yeah, I know -- no one today gives a shit) my contention is that the body builds a resistence to anything, so the myostatin connection makes sense, but I never concluded is was a direct cause. But it make sense.

This will possibly be my last long cycle then just short quick blasts

Back
Top Bottom