Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help setting up my Intermittent Fasting schedule

Brianapop

Proficient Brother
Registered
There are multiple methods out there that I have seen/read, but its hard to pick the correct one cause of my schedule. Here is my schedule:

Work = Monday-Friday: 10am - 7pm (sometimes get off earlier, sometimes later). Saturday and Sunday Off.
Gym = Monday, Wednesday, Friday after work ~7:30pm
(I'm not a morning person, have tried to be but Im too much of a night owl)

So how should my Intermittent fasting be setup?

I'm fasting right now on a 2-1 schedule, 2 days full evolutionary and 1 day fasting - liquids only.

No/ this is my weekday schedule as in when I go to work, job. What I'm not sure of is when I should be eating and when I should be fasting. Cause I can't eat all day at work, I get a break at 2pm to eat.

No/ this is my weekday schedule as in when I go to work, job. What I'm not sure of is when I should be eating and when I should be fasting. Cause I can't eat all day at work, I get a break at 2pm to eat.

wow my bro wht u do for living???

It can be set up any number of ways.

I work a standard 9-5/8-4 type job Mon-Fri and lift a 5 day split that varies on what days (I lift when I feel like it and take an extra off day if I feel the need; so I don't necessarily lift every Monday, etc.).

I liked a 12-8 eating window and fasting the rest. That allowed me to eat lunch for my fast-breaker at work and not be antisocial/not waste the lunch time I'm required to take anyway. Then I'd eat another smaller meal before leaving work pre-gym. Whey isolate and dextrose immediately after and then final whole food meal around 7:45-8:00 PM.

It's all about what works best for you.

Depends what works best for you and your goals. I respond best to a 12 hour eating window; anything less and I loose too much weight. I work similar hours.

Trial and error is the only way to perfect it...you could try a 9am-9pm window?

wht i do i bring food to work, example lik bowl eggs, greek yogur and
protain bars for snacks, and for lunch i cook all my meals and take to my job

It can be set up any number of ways.

I work a standard 9-5/8-4 type job Mon-Fri and lift a 5 day split that varies on what days (I lift when I feel like it and take an extra off day if I feel the need; so I don't necessarily lift every Monday, etc.).

I liked a 12-8 eating window and fasting the rest. That allowed me to eat lunch for my fast-breaker at work and not be antisocial/not waste the lunch time I'm required to take anyway. Then I'd eat another smaller meal before leaving work pre-gym. Whey isolate and dextrose immediately after and then final whole food meal around 7:45-8:00 PM.

It's all about what works best for you.

See my problem is I'd have to break my fast at 2pm when I'm allowed to actually eat a meal, I can maybe have a quick snack but usually there isnt enough times (I ship and receive car parts across the entire south east so the tickets are constantly stacked any down time = backed up. Even if I take a piss I'm behind already). So my fast breaker will have to be at 2pm it looks like with a big meal. Only problem is the 8 hour window of intermittent fasting which leads me till 10pm that I can eat (not a problem since I'm usually done with the gym by 9pm the latest). But thats only 2 meals to split almost 5000 calories...thats a lot of food. I'm trying to see if anyone has a better idea or a better setup for my schedule that I'm not seeing.

Depends what works best for you and your goals. I respond best to a 12 hour eating window; anything less and I loose too much weight. I work similar hours.

Trial and error is the only way to perfect it...you could try a 9am-9pm window?

See thing is with intermittent fasting it only an 8 hour window. Thank you though. I definitely dont want to lose weight. (though im not lean, my goal is to keep bulking I want to get to 225-230 @ 6'3"

wht i do i bring food to work, example lik bowl eggs, greek yogur and
protain bars for snacks, and for lunch i cook all my meals and take to my job

Thank you, but like I replied to Heisenberg, Im trying to do intermittent fasting. I've researched it a lot and have seen a lot of proof that it is one of THE BEST ways to lose fat while continuing to add muscle. Dylan is an expert at this and as you can see he has little to no body fat and has done intermittent fasting for a long time (though my goal isn't really to be cut or lean its more to bulk, and like I said to Heisenberg my goal is to bulk... I want to be huge probably 225-230 @ 6'3"
'

See thing is with intermittent fasting it only an 8 hour window. Thank you though. I definitely dont want to lose weight. (though im not lean, my goal is to keep bulking I want to get to 225-230 @ 6'3"

I know Martin (who made IF popular), uses 8 hours as the standard but he also plays around with 6 hours, 4 hours, etc. He experimented with changing it up. Martin and Dylan have similar builds so take that as being the ideal body for someone who does IF. If you want to bulk for the kind of size you want though, I wouldn't do IF. I am a hard gainer myself and there is no way I could bulk on an 8 hour eating window. I just can't eat 3000 calories in a single sitting (eating 100% clean) and my work doesn't allow me to eat at my discretion. I also work 12+ hours some days...I need the energy lol.

It sounds like you want more size and to bulk with minimal fat gain which may have led you to the idea of IF. But I can almost guarantee you won't achieve the size you want on an 8 hour IF. I would research bulking diets.

I know Martin (who made IF popular), uses 8 hours as the standard but he also plays around with 6 hours, 4 hours, etc. He experimented with changing it up. Martin and Dylan have similar builds so take that as being the ideal body for someone who does IF. If you want to bulk for the kind of size you want though, I wouldn't do IF. I am a hard gainer myself and there is no way I could bulk on an 8 hour eating window. I just can't eat 3000 calories in a single sitting (eating 100% clean) and my work doesn't allow me to eat at my discretion. I also work 12+ hours some days...I need the energy lol.

It sounds like you want more size and to bulk with minimal fat gain which may have led you to the idea of IF. But I can almost guarantee you won't achieve the size you want on an 8 hour IF. I would research bulking diets.

Thank you, I have more research to do then

Thank you, I have more research to do then

No problem. If it's one thing I've learned it's research, research, research. You're on the right track and doing the right things by wanting to learn and expand your knowledge.

Stay away from the "dirty bulking" diets and eat clean. Overall it might take longer to hit your goal weight but when you do, you'll have gained more muscle. Then when you eventually want to shred up it won't be such a shock to eat clean.

I've been training and researching different things for 2 years, I agree doing your research is important. As i continued I keep reading that intermittent fasting is actually an excellent way to bulk. Research has shown that The bodies HGH is increased 20x when fasting for 24 hours, so 16 hours isn't as high but close.

I'm thinking this. 2pm-10pm will be my eating phase. 25% of my calories at 2pm, then when I go out for a delivery I'll eat 2 peanut butter sandwichs for the carbs (this will be 1 hour-2hours before workout and will be roughly 5% of my calories) then after workout I'll eat 70% of my calories. So far from research this is one of the best ways, thoughts?

If your goal is to add mass more than anything else, then I'd definitely agree that at the current juncture, IF isn't the ideal situation.

Best advice I could offer is make extra shakes (with something like N2Bulk so you got enough cals) to pound while working as much as you can.

Thank you, but like I replied to Heisenberg, Im trying to do intermittent fasting. I've researched it a lot and have seen a lot of proof that it is one of THE BEST ways to lose fat while continuing to add muscle. Dylan is an expert at this and as you can see he has little to no body fat and has done intermittent fasting for a long time (though my goal isn't really to be cut or lean its more to bulk, and like I said to Heisenberg my goal is to bulk... I want to be huge probably 225-230 @ 6'3"
'

Maybe you are confusing Dylan with me? Lol. I am the IF expert around here and over at Elite Fitness. I have a intermittent fasting discussion thread going there with over 30,000 views and hundreds of posts so that may be what you are referring to. I don't think Dylan fasts at all.

As for your setup, it will work fine splitting up into 2 meals. Breaking fast at 2 PM will work great and your post workout meal between 9-10PM should be over 50% of total cals and protein for the day. So make that last meal your biggest, and make sure you get well over 100g of protein in that meal.

I can help you critique this even further. Just ask any questions you may have

Lol yes, I'll admit I couldn't think of your name and Dylan has helped me with SARMs a lot so I got y'all confused. Well I'm 6'3 214lbs and am very active mon-Friday (I do madcow 5x5 mon, tue, Friday and I work in a warehouse mon-fri which requires me lifting 10lbs-60lbs constantly, as well as constantly walking and climbing 20 stairs (when I say constantly I mean constantly, every 15-20seconds)) I'm thinking my intake will have to be anywhere from 6000-7000 calories, your thoughts? And because so many people have gone against it in this post I have to know, is IF good for bulking?

Lol yes, I'll admit I couldn't think of your name and Dylan has helped me with SARMs a lot so I got y'all confused. Well I'm 6'3 214lbs and am very active mon-Friday (I do madcow 5x5 mon, tue, Friday and I work in a warehouse mon-fri which requires me lifting 10lbs-60lbs constantly, as well as constantly walking and climbing 20 stairs (when I say constantly I mean constantly, every 15-20seconds)) I'm thinking my intake will have to be anywhere from 6000-7000 calories, your thoughts? And because so many people have gone against it in this post I have to know, is IF good for bulking?

The truth of the matter is that at the end of the day it comes down to calories in versus calories out in terms of weight loss or weight gain. You can bulk on IF just fine as long as you are hitting your desired macronutrient targets and not coming up short. I find it hard to believe that you will need 6000-7000 calories per day, considering that is the typical offseason calorie range of top IFBB 300 lb bodybuilders.

I use a general formula of bodyweight x 15 for figuring maintained for an average metabolism (mesomorph). That would put you at around 3225 maintenance calories per day. Even with a faster metabolism it might be 3500 at best. That means for a caloric surplus you should probably be at 4000-4500 per day even considering your busy work schedule. If you want to go with a little more than that then maybe go up to 5k, but I wouldn't go over that. Fat will accumulate very quickly with too much surplus. Adding muscle is very slow and hard. Don't expect to gain a significant amount of weight in a shrt amount of time unless you want it to be fat. About the most amount of muscle one can attain naturally is about a pound per month (or a quarter pound per week). Anabolics speed it up, but most people overestimate muscle gain on cycle too. Expect real muscle gain on cycle of 3-4 lbs on average once you subtract fat, water, and glycogen.

Back
Top Bottom