needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Negative as Positive

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

The Negative as Positive

Inspired by a post I saw on my FB feed. The FB buddy has written about how he has, many years ago, judged himself too harshly and feels it wasn't always a good thing for his mental health. Stuff like 'too skinny', 'not rich enough' and even 'I feel ugly' (when he was lacking in the relationship department).

Now if you're that way inclined you're probably not gonna be a member here. I say that as 99.99% of the members here want to improve. Their 'negative' could be that they don't like how they look, how lean they are, how big their waist is and so on. But that dislike of that aspect has become a positive. They are driven to improve their look, get leaner and reduce their waist. I'm no different. I can't say as I hate myself or it affects my mental health. But I'm no less driven to get in the gym and kick ass. Get close enough and you'll hear me muttering away to myself 'get it done you lazy c**t!' etc.

I'll go so far as to suggest that a lot of stuff created, written and the like is driven by a desire to better it. If they were happy leaving it as it was nothing would change. Thus what can be seen as a negative is a driver for improvement. Obviously if it does affect your mental health then that's different. Otherwise use it to push yourself beyond where you are today.

Get bigger, stronger, leaner, more ripped or fitter!
    Last edited by Mobster; 09-20-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Agreed. For example, whenever I do hanging leg raises I lift my shirt so I can my abs in the mirror and get pissed off at myself that they aren't better. That pushes me through the set.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    i recommend people get off social media and come on here and do a log. that is the best thing to keep on top of things and stay motivated
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    i recommend people get off social media and come on here and do a log. that is the best thing to keep on top of things and stay motivated
    It has it's place but it can mess with the head. If lived out in the backwoods of nowhere I might consider myself something special. I KNOW that I'm ok gym strong on a few lifts. But the net shows me that there are a TON worldwide who'd had me my ass on most gym lifts. That motivates me to keep on trucking. I'm just (or was) world class on grip.

Now if you're an average Joe, looking to do a cycle and add 10lbs and take yourself from 170 to 180 seeing some 18 year old 240lbs beast on Instagram will fuck with you big time if you let it. As I'm pre-the internet I saw Menzter et al in magazines and was inspired to catch up.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Inspired by a post I saw on my FB feed. The FB buddy has written about how he has, many years ago, judged himself too harshly and feels it wasn't always a good thing for his mental health. Stuff like 'too skinny', 'not rich enough' and even 'I feel ugly' (when he was lacking in the relationship department).

Now if you're that way inclined you're probably not gonna be a member here. I say that as 99.99% of the members here want to improve. Their 'negative' could be that they don't like how they look, how lean they are, how big their waist is and so on. But that dislike of that aspect has become a positive. They are driven to improve their look, get leaner and reduce their waist. I'm no different. I can't say as I hate myself or it affects my mental health. But I'm no less driven to get in the gym and kick ass. Get close enough and you'll hear me muttering away to myself 'get it done you lazy c**t!' etc.

I'll go so far as to suggest that a lot of stuff created, written and the like is driven by a desire to better it. If they were happy leaving it as it was nothing would change. Thus what can be seen as a negative is a driver for improvement. Obviously if it does affect your mental health then that's different. Otherwise use it to push yourself beyond where you are today.

Get bigger, stronger, leaner, more ripped or fitter!
    I agree here. Get off social media guys come to EVO, we love all guys here and we want to help everyone and see all LOGS.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    the studies out there show the more you use social media the dumber you get.
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro nice bro

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Thank you again for another excellent post/thought sir!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Excellent post mobster. Im a firm believer in this mentality. I hold myself accountable daily. People at the gym tell me I'm too hard on myself. I disagree. It keeps me honest and pushing for more

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Excellent post mobster. Im a firm believer in this mentality. I hold myself accountable daily. People at the gym tell me I'm too hard on myself. I disagree. It keeps me honest and pushing for more
    If it didn't you'd be sitting on the sofa with your hand down your pants. But you're kicking ass instead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast