Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

StateSide

Registered
Wanted to introduce myself and don't see a dedicated thread for it.

Am 37 as of March 1 and am into my 1st cycle. New to AAS but not athletics. 184 lbs, not sure of BF% exactly but am scheduled for a DEXA scan tomorrow so should know soon whats going on there. Also, had blood work done two weeks prior to start and everything falls "in range". I feel like my testosterone is on the low side of the scale but doc says im fine (killing me doc).

I'm going to try to post a photo below. Using ImgBB as photo hosting site, we'll see how it goes. So this picture is a transition over the last 5 years. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what my BF is here? I want to make sure i'm not looking for trouble with any gyno issues.

7 am shot from the missus...excuse the sleepy eyes.

https://ibb.co/dOrgbS

you are around 12% body fat

a huge improvement from before.. good job

i would build a stronger base before steroids though, you have an athletic look but not a weight lifting physique where it looks like you lift often if ya know what i mean.

welcome brother... great transformation... im close with steve here... i have you 12-13 as well.. you have done it right by dropping as much fat as possible first.. now you should set your focus on staying lean but building lean muscle in the process...

Fellas, thank you for the response! Dylan, thank you for your media series.

A bit about how I lift....climbing is my sport of choice so I train strictly strength parameters, aiming on strength but NOT size gains....and only on major movement patterns. Bench (push), pull up (pull), deadlift (hip hinge), and squat. I have been consistent in this for 4 and a half years, and serious about gains for the last 2. I lift for strength 2-3 times a week and climb aggressively twice a week.

So I’ve got 4 good years training age on me. I hit cardio 4 times a week 25 minutes.

I would like to move over to the other side of the fence. Am currently running a test/anavar cycle to lean for southeast climbing season....then i would like to go game on for a mass cycle in late May.

Grip work

Do you do any grip specific work for climbing??

Thanks for reading through, and thanks for the question.

Yes I do. I don’t train absolute crushing strength, closed hand grip, though I plan on it in May. Most climbing grip training is done on a hang board or finger board...the UK classic hardman board is a moon board...by Ben Moon. British climbers, fkn beasts.

Hang board are about training specific open hand strengths isometrically...full open hand, crimps, half crimps...mostly because closed grip crush hand positions never come into play.

I see a lot of value in it anyway, because sometimes you need to “reel a hold in”, as in barely get your tips on and pull it to you. I am looking into Captains of Crush grip training for the May cycle.

Any thoughts on this? I saw your championship status when I first joined and was wondering how you do your thing.

Fellas, thank you for the response! Dylan, thank you for your media series.

A bit about how I lift....climbing is my sport of choice so I train strictly strength parameters, aiming on strength but NOT size gains....and only on major movement patterns. Bench (push), pull up (pull), deadlift (hip hinge), and squat. I have been consistent in this for 4 and a half years, and serious about gains for the last 2. I lift for strength 2-3 times a week and climb aggressively twice a week.

So I’ve got 4 good years training age on me. I hit cardio 4 times a week 25 minutes.

I would like to move over to the other side of the fence. Am currently running a test/anavar cycle to lean for southeast climbing season....then i would like to go game on for a mass cycle in late May.

I would do test + EQ for a lean mass cycle. You will really like EQ if you are into climbing. It'll increase your endurance and won't cause too much water retention.

Similar to the type of results you will have gotten on test/anavar but EQ is a much stronger anabolic then anavar. More mass and strength.

Climber’s cycle

I would do test + EQ for a lean mass cycle. You will really like EQ if you are into climbing. It'll increase your endurance and won't cause too much water retention.

Similar to the type of results you will have gotten on test/anavar but EQ is a much stronger anabolic then anavar. More mass and strength.

Thank you for the suggestion! Really looking forward to it. Would you suggest anything for a post test/eq cycle?

Psyched you have some insight on needs of climbing as a sport. Endurance is key, especially local forearm. That all energy system recovery comes down to aerobic recovery has a LOT to do with how well i’m able to recover mid-route after a crux section in which i’ve wrecked glycogen stores. If EQ can help me train up even a few more seconds on the pump clock, it will be a massive gain.

Specific grip work

Do you do any grip specific work for climbing??

Sorry for the delay in response. I had tried to submit one earlier today, but looks like I dropped the ball getting it posted up.

So yes, I do. Isometric grip training for open handed positions as opposed to absolute crushing or closed hand training. Climbers are most often training on a piece of equipment called a hang board or finger board. This is a usually a series of edges or pockets that let you train strength in your hand in pretty specific ways. Search it out and have a look.

I am looking into Captains of Crush to train crushing strength starting in May though, as sometimes I have to catch a small (think half a finger pad) and “reel it in”.

Any thoughts on their equipment or other suggestions?

Looking great man. Amazing transformation.

Thank you! Seeing that kind of change in myself...couldn't do it. Would have been like watching my hair grow in the mirror. But having the photos together, it really was a shocker.

At any rate, am stoked to see what I can put on my frame with some time and patience and direction from folks in the know.

Back
Top Bottom