Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Gear, No Cardio, Lots of Pizza

Damn, I can do a two hour seminar on the myth of "bad" food versus good ones. Why is pizza so bad? Flour, oil, cheese and tomatos is not unhealthy. Meanwhile, guys eat oatmeal like it's a great bodybuilding food and it's utter garbage. Fruit us always promoted as a healthy food and it too is just junk. Juice is worse and you'll find "health food " stores that specialize in juices. That's just a taste if it.
t

Like many foods it depends on the source also. If I make a homemade thin crust pizza with real cheese, tomato sauce, chicken and veggies, I don’t really consider that unhealthy. If I go to Little Ceasars and get a deepdish where the grease is soaking through the bottom of the box that's probably a different story. A lot of it is the additives and preservatives you get when buying some pre-packaged and restaurant foods.

And I agree completely on the fruit juice. You can eat like 5 apples for the amount of sugar you get in one cup of apple juice. Just eat one apple and be done with it. It is more filling and you get all the fiber and other benefits of fruit that are usually missing in juice.

Damn, I can do a two hour seminar on the myth of "bad" food versus good ones. Why is pizza so bad? Flour, oil, cheese and tomatos is not unhealthy. Meanwhile, guys eat oatmeal like it's a great bodybuilding food and it's utter garbage. Fruit us always promoted as a healthy food and it too is just junk. Juice is worse and you'll find "health food " stores that specialize in juices. That's just a taste if it.
t

No I get it. Im just saying take out the word "bad" and replace with "calorie dense" and thats what im getting at.

Most people will over eat. If its less calorie dense food (lean protein, fish, vegetables, good carbs, etc) then it can be balanced. For instance I eat about 3 grilled chicken breasts, a cup or 2 quinoa or 2 sweet potatoes, and steamed organic vegetables. I feel full.

If I went and ate pizza id likely want that same "full" feeling and therefore likely way over eat and on top its calorie dense.

Thats my only point. Also I agree on oatmeal i dont eat it often if at all and if i do its organic steel cut oats with protein powder when im in a pinch or traveling but again its few and far between.

Juice too is a great point as well as dried fruit. Its calorie dense and not as filling as if you ate the actually piece of fruit. I dont think we are disagreeing here just my thought process.

Back
Top Bottom