Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Gear, No Cardio, Lots of Pizza

nelson montana

<b>V.I.P. - Author</b>
From last summer. 66 years old. Lousy genetics too.

The point is ...if you never stop training and use gear just as an occasional boost, you can keep gains for a long time. We all know lots of guys who were monsters from massive dosages just to look like nothing in their old age. Old school is where it's at! : )

These days my workouts are about 20 minutes long. It's not like I'm going to grow anymore. I just need to activate the muscles and then go eat. lol

Sure, I can lean out a bit more, but I'm too old to kill myself trying to be 100%. I've earned taking it easy so I can still look good at 80%.

All I use these days is my 100 mgs of TRT weekly and a shit ton of supplements. (Though, it wouldn't hurt my feeling to do a little Primo cycle one of these days).

Attachments

• 91187834_10219985252409097_1740915949202046976_o-1.jpg
    91187834_10219985252409097_1740915949202046976_o-1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 63
From last summer. 66 years old. Lousy genetics too.

The point is ...if you never stop training and use gear just as an occasional boost, you can keep gains for a long time. We all know lots of guys who were monsters from massive dosages just to look like nothing in their old age. Old school is where it's at! : )

These days my workouts are about 20 minutes long. It's not like I'm going to grow anymore. I just need to activate the muscles and then go eat. lol

Sure, I can lean out a bit more, but I'm too old to kill myself trying to be 100%. I've earned taking it easy so I can still look good at 80%.

All I use these days is my 100 mgs of TRT weekly and a shit ton of supplements. (Though, it wouldn't hurt my feeling to do a little Primo cycle one of these days).

Amazing for 66!!! I’m early 50s and have stopped trying to be the biggest or strongest. Just want to look, especially naked

Nelson, you have good genetics. Not all of us have these kind of genetics. Most guys with pizza would get fat within 2 weeks.

Nelson, you have good genetics. Not all of us have these kind of genetics. Most guys with pizza would get fat within 2 weeks.

My point is that it's about consistent training. Yeah, I've never been fat, but I also had to work hard to build muscle. If I stopped training, at my age I'd just be scrawny with a pot belly.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... You’re 66yr in that photo...???

Yup........

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... You’re 66yr in that photo...???

Yup........

My point is that it's about consistent training. Yeah, I've never been fat, but I also had to work hard to build muscle. If I stopped training, at my age I'd just be scrawny with a pot belly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup........

- - - Updated - - -

Yup........

i agree with that. consistent and smart/efficient training goes a long way especially as you age.

i can point to 50 somethings in my gym who need to take aspirin after a workout cause they are in so much pain and pain killers to sleep. all they do is lift super heavy and stupid. screw that. i don't want to end up in a wheel chair by 65 cause i tore up my hips and knees squatting 500 twice a week

my mentality has changed a lot over the past 5 years. i used to be those greedy people

Your point is clear but many guys will misinterpret it. You look great but most guys don't have great genetics like you and can't eat pizza, no gear, no cardio and have abs. :rolleyes:

Damn good for 66

Damn good for any age! LOL (J/K)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, actually, my weight training is pretty cardio. I move quickly and get the heart rate up. As for the pizza, just don't eat too much of it!

I agree some of it may be genetics but I know guys who are sub 10% that don't kill themselves dieting and aren't miserable because of limitations. They have a beer or two watching the game and they have a couple slices of pizza, some wings or a double bacon cheeseburger on the weekends. They dont have great genetics, they just work their ass off in the gym and stay active running, biking, snowboarding, etc. There's this misconception that if you want abs and to be in shape you can only eat chicken breast and broccoli. As long as you are sensible about it you can have the best of both worlds. Being lean and being healthy are two different things. I'm not saying that processed junk is healthy, just that it doesn't necessarily make you fat

That's the thing. I know a lot people who have sterling diets and don't look like anything. I did an interview with Jack LaLanne many years ago and he said something I never forgot -- "You don't get a champion race horse by feeding it well!" Food is just fuel. It's the training that creates the body. And yes, I stay active with lost of walking and biking which is better than jogging on a threadmill and then sitting on your ass the rest of the day.

That's the thing. I know a lot people who have sterling diets and don't look like anything. I did an interview with Jack LaLanne many years ago and he said something I never forgot -- "You don't get a champion race horse by feeding it well!" Food is just fuel. It's the training that creates the body. And yes, I stay active with lost of walking and biking which is better than jogging on a threadmill and then sitting on your ass the rest of the day.

bro...you're right training creates the body...but very few guys have genetics like you at 60...you have gifted genes....

bro...you're right training creates the body...but very few guys have genetics like you at 60...you have gifted genes....

Thanks, but there are guys who look a lot better than me in their 60's. I've never been exceptionally strong, or flexible or have great endurance. But I never got out of shape and only used gear for an occasional boost, not to gain as much as possible and then lose it. That's the key.

this thread made me remember a large scale study they did in Europe about a decade ago that nobody wanted to be published cause it would ruin so many careers and PWN so many

they followed 2-3 generations of identical twins who were separated at birth and went to different families. the interesting thing about the study is it showed that the twin that went to a fat family vs. skinny family did not effect their own physique. in other words if you are born with fat genetics you were going to be fat even if you went to a family that was skinny and vice versa.

keep in mind though that this study did not take into account the serious guys who truly know how to eat and train. it was just normal joes. but it shows that you are at the mercy of your genetics in a lot of ways. we can also fast forward today and look at the Pouncey brothers, diaz brothers, Jones brothers, etc. these guys are all genetic freaks along with their siblings, and that isn't an accident! when I interviewed Charles Griffen i was not suprised to find out his brother was Everson Griffen lol. a 100M DT in the NFL. good gosh these guys are genetic freaks

- - - Updated - - -

another important point is just cause someone is skinny does not equate to healthy. i can drive any of you to parts of my town near the highway and you can see plenty of skinny crack addicts who are like 30 years old but look 60. however on the flip side obesity will most certainly shorten your life expectancy, you don't find 70 somethings who are fat very often unless they are on tons of Rx drugs keeping them breathing

I also think the pizza and other "unhealthy" type foods are not just occasional breaks from a diet but rather its quantity and frequency.

For myself I know that mentally i want to eat everything in sight. If I have a cookie then mentally im like "shit I veered off my diet...fuck it...." and will eat 50 cookies.

Thats me though. I have buddies that are sot on calorie wise and will eat a little more loosely but they build it into their macros and training is on point so it doesnt really impact them much.

I guess if its a slice of pizza once a week its irrelevant but if its a full pizza once a week or more its much more damaging (obviously).

Training matters but I will say you cant outwork a bad diet it will catch up to you. Doesnt mater if you work out for 3 hours a day if you take in 5000+ calories eventually the 3 hour workouts are not maintainable and your body will break down.

I also think the pizza and other "unhealthy" type foods are not just occasional breaks from a diet but rather its quantity and frequency.

For myself I know that mentally i want to eat everything in sight. If I have a cookie then mentally im like "shit I veered off my diet...fuck it...." and will eat 50 cookies.

Thats me though. I have buddies that are sot on calorie wise and will eat a little more loosely but they build it into their macros and training is on point so it doesnt really impact them much.

I guess if its a slice of pizza once a week its irrelevant but if its a full pizza once a week or more its much more damaging (obviously).

Training matters but I will say you cant outwork a bad diet it will catch up to you. Doesnt mater if you work out for 3 hours a day if you take in 5000+ calories eventually the 3 hour workouts are not maintainable and your body will break down.

Damn, I can do a two hour seminar on the myth of "bad" food versus good ones. Why is pizza so bad? Flour, oil, cheese and tomatos is not unhealthy. Meanwhile, guys eat oatmeal like it's a great bodybuilding food and it's utter garbage. Fruit us always promoted as a healthy food and it too is just junk. Juice is worse and you'll find "health food " stores that specialize in juices. That's just a taste if it.
t

Back
Top Bottom