Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Non bench chest routine

Hollywood305

So ive come to the conclusion that barbell and heavy DB (over 90s) is out of the question for me anymore...my shoulders are fucking fried. Did barbell bench today and im in so much fucking pain im not doing it again...
Has anyone tried only dips, flys and machine presses for chest with any success?

So ive come to the conclusion that barbell and heavy DB (over 90s) is out of the question for me anymore...my shoulders are fucking fried. Did barbell bench today and im in so much fucking pain im not doing it again...
Has anyone tried only dips, flys and machine presses for chest with any success?

Dips torch you shoulders too man. Try them but they hurt my shoulders when sore. To hit chest with dips you need to lean forward too not just straight up and down.

How do push-ups feel?

With a spotter to help get the first heavy DB up, I find that DB presses are much more shoulder friendly than anything with a barbell. I haven't touched a barbell flat bench in 15 years. And in my personal opinion, the dumbells build a much fuller and rounded chest.

Dips are brutal on shoulders so if you have a shoulder issue, I don't 'think that would be the way to go.

So rest them. Then rehab and then lighten the load and or volume.

the reason people have shoulder dysfunction is because the shoulders get overtrained too much. what ends up happening is you lose mobility in the shoulders, it is just like an axel in your car that leaks and over time it will simply break since it isn't being lubed properly. dips and flyes are going to still put tremendous pressure on the shoulders. i would not mess around with them. anything overhead is going to do the same. gotta back off and train more efficient otherwise your shoulders are gonna blow and you will need surgery

really you need to work on the flexibility and mobility of your entire body at this point. i recommend an inversion table used daily and bikram hot yoga 1-2X per week.. consider those 2 things like changing your car oil and necessary maintenance

yes, ive done plenty of chest routines without bench presses bro... there's so many ways and methods to hit your chest...

I'm surprised the db are hurting you that much. Generally the range of motion takes the load off of the shoulders, especially flat db presses

I ditched barbell chest movements completely for about 3 years until I got my shoulder rehabilitated. Now i do mostly barbell movements ironically and have no pain or discomfort...even after a 4 plate per side bench like this past monday

I'm surprised the db are hurting you that much. Generally the range of motion takes the load off of the shoulders, especially flat db presses

I ditched barbell chest movements completely for about 3 years until I got my shoulder rehabilitated. Now i do mostly barbell movements ironically and have no pain or discomfort...even after a 4 plate per side bench like this past monday

I str8 up used to rep 130s for 6...now 90s hurt my shoulders to the point i cant lift my arm for 20 min...im still strong af but the inflammation kills me...ironically military press is painless...185lbs repped 12 times is cake with no pain

I str8 up used to rep 130s for 6...now 90s hurt my shoulders to the point i cant lift my arm for 20 min...im still strong af but the inflammation kills me...ironically military press is painless...185lbs repped 12 times is cake with no pain

How about Incline DB presses? Still painful?

How about Incline DB presses? Still painful?

Plus this!

Different angles will hit muscles differently. Flat bench at one point was giving the front of my delt some pain. Went to a low incline (one click up on an adjustable bench) and it felt way better.

Might want to try that as Nismo said as if military press doesnt hurt it may have to do with the angle.

Im doing chest monday...im not a chest day monday person either i fucking hate doing chest on monday bcuz every asshole does it it just happened to land on monday this week lol

You can totally do almost anything without the traditional movements that are beat'n into our heads.

I do a very high-intense chest routine, that doesn't require much benching at all...

Your pec actually isn't a pressing muscle, it's more of a cross sectional pulling muscle, like the fly for an example, that is how our pec muscle has been made to function in nature.. Think of apes swinging from branches and vines.. The muscle reacts better the reaching out and pulling the load across the chest.

I set up the portable incline bench in the cable station.. I do LIGHT weight high reps incline presses and do an instant super set with incline cable flies.. 4 sets DB press with each set instantly followed by cable flies.
Thank I do the same for flat, LIGHT weight high reps flat, and blast it out with cable flies..
after this I do standing cable cross-overs, lower cable crossovers, 4 x 20.. and I close it out with seated dip machine leaning forward and between each set, I super set with a single plate press.. 4 x until failure

Incline DB press (super set incline cable flies) 4 x 15
Flat DB press (super set flat cable flies) 4 x 15
standing cable crossovers 4 x failure
lower cable cross over 4 x failure
forward dips (super set with single plate press) 4 x failure

I found that taking closer grips and keeping my elbows more tucked in helps mitigate some of the stress on my shoulders when working chest.

Different approach here, this pain, is it more painful than other muscle pain? I bet you can tell the difference. does it get better with time? Ibuprofen? In my 50s, I receive cortisone shots once a year ( last 2 years) and good as, certified used. A little rest, increase bench over time, and I love my Bench.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom