Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NPC Nationals in Atlanta

IslandGirl

I'm back home. I had a blast! There were over 500 competitors total in this show. Amazing show and it ran very well and in a timely fashion.

Thanks to Nathan at N2BM for his sponsorship for me and for supporting and believing in me! Thanks Nate! Also want to thank TP and LSR for the awesome tan.

I competed in Figure in this show. The last 2 years, 2008 and 2009, I competed in bodybuilding at the USAs in Vegas. I just felt I wasn't big enough to compete against other lightweights as stage weight for me is about 105-108lbs. This weight class goes up to 115, so I am competing against girls that are 7+lbs. more than me and on top of that, they are shorter than me.

So this year I thought I go back to figure and see how well I do. I competed in July at my state show and won the B class. My prep was very different competing in figure. I knew I had to down play my posing and I was able to eat things like bagels w/ cream cheese, cereal w/ ff milk, fun stuff like that. When I follow a strict cardio and food plan, and use my N2BM supplements catered for my body, my body responds very well. Getting hard and conditioned is not too much of a problem for me. And since figure is staying away from being too hard, conditioned, the dry look, I had to make sure to come in softer. Even though it is not what I like to bring to stage, it is what it is.

The judges still thought I was too hard and muscular. Wow, what was I suppose to do? Not diet at all? LOL Well, kind of bummed, but I guess bodybuilding is where I belong.

And some good news! They had their annual judges meeting that they talk about changes in the NPC/IFBB for 2011 and they are creating a new division called "Physique". It is for woman who are too muscular for figure and not quite big enough for bodybuilding. I couldn't believe my ears! This is perfect for me! I'm excited as news about this will be coming out more. Looking forward to it.

I did make new friends which is always a bonus. Saw some old friends and caught up on stuff. Fun weekend overall!!!

Here are some stage pics.

Thanks for all your support you guys!

Attachments

• DSC_5356_MFLTMMUDRH-Rx.jpg
    DSC_5356_MFLTMMUDRH-Rx.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_5362_ZJTNMJSKZK-Rx.jpg
    DSC_5362_ZJTNMJSKZK-Rx.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_5363_LMHMCYEFHZ-Rx.jpg
    DSC_5363_LMHMCYEFHZ-Rx.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 100
Love the idea of the new class. I thik this new class will be excepted a lot more by everyone. it lets you have a good level of fitness but at the same time not being a huge muscle monster. Nothing wrong with that but more often there is a huge group of woman who want to be in that group just above figure but just below BB. One of the best ideas they have come up with yet...

Way to represent....nice job!!!!! It will be interesting to see how the new class all comes together.

Awesomw job island girl! I love that they are finally adding a new class, it should have been done years ago! Nice to see womens bodybuilding and fitness making changes in the right direction and growing!

Great job IG! It is a long road but well worth it. The new class will benefit many and sounds like a good idea on its surface. Only time will tell how it goes,

That's awesome about the new class, you're going to kill it!!!!!!! I am glad you had so much fun, that's a lot of competitors, holy cow!

Love the idea of the new class. I thik this new class will be excepted a lot more by everyone. it lets you have a good level of fitness but at the same time not being a huge muscle monster. Nothing wrong with that but more often there is a huge group of woman who want to be in that group just above figure but just below BB. One of the best ideas they have come up with yet...

I agree. There is a huge group of ladies that belong in this category. Like me, they were too small to be competitive on a national level stage and too muscular for a figure stage. We all either stuck to one and just conformed or switched back and forth trying to see exactly where we fit. I'm excited to see this division evolve and how it pans out.

Awesomw job island girl! I love that they are finally adding a new class, it should have been done years ago! Nice to see womens bodybuilding and fitness making changes in the right direction and growing!

Thanks girl!

Yeah I know a lot of girls are thrilled. I met some girls backstage last week not knowing much about this and told them that they should try bb'ing at their local level. I expressed how much fun it is!

Great job IG! It is a long road but well worth it. The new class will benefit many and sounds like a good idea on its surface. Only time will tell how it goes,

Thanks Trace. Yeah I guess we just need to sit back and watch what happens. How are you doing?

Marina is a good friend of mines. I'm so happy she won her Pro card. I switched for bb'ing before she did and my husband and I was nagging her to switch to bb'ing, ...she finally did. She will represent fbb'ing very well.

Glad you had such an awesome trip Trace!! ;)

That's awesome about the new class, you're going to kill it!!!!!!! I am glad you had so much fun, that's a lot of competitors, holy cow!

Melaina....thanks! I know huh! 500+ athletes. Crazyyyyyy! But they worked it out so well that the classes didn't all mesh back stage (and btw, backstage was teeny tiney small!!!). The timing was perfect of athletes coming back stage and getting ready.

The other cool part was that the venue for the show was right inside of the host hotel. I've never competed at a show where this happened. So I actually got ready, bikini bite'd up stairs in my room, threw on a large shirt and walked downstairs to the venue, and just got oil'ed up by the Pro tan girls and I was stage ready. Loved it!

Oh wow, excellent about the new class addition!!! Personally I think it is the best move to make.

Awesome job.

Oh wow, excellent about the new class addition!!! Personally I think it is the best move to make.

I agree. I am very excited to train for it. Training for figure was a joke for me. I had to remind myself in the gym to not train so heavy. I had to quit training traps cuz' in July a judge told me my traps were too big. lol Now it'll be a whole new ballgame in the gym!

Back
Top Bottom