Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic - Video Games

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Off Topic - Video Games

Who plays video games? What games?

I know nothing about video games and can't see myself ever becoming a gamer but I find it fascinating that some of the most profitable companies in the world are video game developers.

What amazes me is that you aren't actually getting anything. I can justify spending $200 at Costco because I leave with a trunk full of groceries. With video games, you are getting entrainment but you aren't actually getting any physical items.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muskate View Post

I know nothing about video games and can't see myself ever becoming a gamer but I find it fascinating that some of the most profitable companies in the world are video game developers.

What amazes me is that you aren't actually getting anything. I can justify spending $200 at Costco because I leave with a trunk full of groceries. With video games, you are getting entrainment but you aren't actually getting any physical items.
    Well that's not quite true. In this day and age you can make a living out of gaming.
    Check out all these Youtube gaming channels for instance. Many of those guys have millions of subscribers and they are making a very respectable amount of money doing that.

And what's even more amazing gaming is actually regarded as a sport.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fella Finn View Post
    Well that's not quite true. In this day and age you can make a living out of gaming.
    Check out all these Youtube gaming channels for instance. Many of those guys have millions of subscribers and they are making a very respectable amount of money doing that.

And what's even more amazing gaming is actually regarded as a sport.
    Agree, Ninja was making 1.2m per month at his best, i would say thats pretty good chunk of money getting some PHYSICAL ITEMS lmao

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Back in 2014, I was in a tourney called the madden challenge. I was ranked #47 in the nation (ps4 console) unfortunately I didnt make the cut. Keep in mind, this gaming for madden is even shown on espn so there is definitely money to be made $100k, sponsors ETc. The top guys are playing 24/7 and know all the glitches to play their game.

IIRC, the guy that won it that year was actually murdered live while playing in the tourney last year

- - - Updated - - -

While saying that, bodybuilding and video games DO NOT MIX. I became obsessed with my game to the point where I'd call off of work just to play.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989 View Post
    Back in 2014, I was in a tourney called the madden challenge. I was ranked #47 in the nation (ps4 console) unfortunately I didnt make the cut. Keep in mind, this gaming for madden is even shown on espn so there is definitely money to be made $100k, sponsors ETc. The top guys are playing 24/7 and know all the glitches to play their game.

IIRC, the guy that won it that year was actually murdered live while playing in the tourney last year

- - - Updated - - -

While saying that, bodybuilding and video games DO NOT MIX. I became obsessed with my game to the point where I'd call off of work just to play.
    Yesss same thing happens with me always as well, like always when i start playing im like non stop going on and just cant stop.
    Its either i take gym seriously or playing games ...

Cyborg Humanoid Brother Chemically Enhanced's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I do play on my PC, very rare though. I could probably count all the games I ever played on the fingers of both hands. The last one is Fallout 4, which came out 4 years ago, and I'm not even 1/2 way through.
    I read a news story 2 or 3 years back, a guy purchased a copy of Fallout 4 and just couldn't stop playing. Wife left, lost his job. So he tried to sue the game developers for all his troubles. lol, what an ass. Obviously he's a game addict and he couldn't take responsibility for his own actions.

Excuse all the misspells and auto-corrects, my phone thinks it knows better...

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I use to play The Godfather and Madden Mobile up until last year. I felt like I was giving them too much time, so I quit. That being said, recently the wife and I chose to stay and home on date night, order in dinner, have a few drinks and play some old school Mario Brothers. That was a blast!

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I mostly play online games with other people. Its just my way of entertainment and connecting with people that have similar interest. Growing up I always had video games, plus having a desire for technology I just love playing on my pc.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muskate View Post

Same as TV and radio

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    in my mid 20's i would play an hour of Madden via xbox with strangers across the world. when mr. softie raised the price of the xbox live i was out of there and haven't played video games since... the cost is absurd and its a waste of time for me. i can understand if you have kids it is standard to own 3 different consoles and get a new one yearly, but i am not sure if i had a kid i would want him inside playing video games instead of outside playing sports and exercising.

on a side note anyone remember getting their first Nintendo? I was like 5 or 6 and it cost $99.. super mario brothers was amazing.
    Last edited by stevesmi; 03-11-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast