Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Off Topic - Video Games

muskate

<b>V.I.P.</b>
VIP
Who plays video games? What games?

I know nothing about video games and can't see myself ever becoming a gamer but I find it fascinating that some of the most profitable companies in the world are video game developers.

What amazes me is that you aren't actually getting anything. I can justify spending $200 at Costco because I leave with a trunk full of groceries. With video games, you are getting entrainment but you aren't actually getting any physical items.

I know nothing about video games and can't see myself ever becoming a gamer but I find it fascinating that some of the most profitable companies in the world are video game developers.

What amazes me is that you aren't actually getting anything. I can justify spending $200 at Costco because I leave with a trunk full of groceries. With video games, you are getting entrainment but you aren't actually getting any physical items.

Well that's not quite true. In this day and age you can make a living out of gaming.
Check out all these Youtube gaming channels for instance. Many of those guys have millions of subscribers and they are making a very respectable amount of money doing that.

And what's even more amazing gaming is actually regarded as a sport.

Well that's not quite true. In this day and age you can make a living out of gaming.
Check out all these Youtube gaming channels for instance. Many of those guys have millions of subscribers and they are making a very respectable amount of money doing that.

And what's even more amazing gaming is actually regarded as a sport.

Agree, Ninja was making 1.2m per month at his best, i would say thats pretty good chunk of money getting some PHYSICAL ITEMS lmao

Back in 2014, I was in a tourney called the madden challenge. I was ranked #47 in the nation (ps4 console) unfortunately I didnt make the cut. Keep in mind, this gaming for madden is even shown on espn so there is definitely money to be made $100k, sponsors ETc. The top guys are playing 24/7 and know all the glitches to play their game.

IIRC, the guy that won it that year was actually murdered live while playing in the tourney last year

- - - Updated - - -

While saying that, bodybuilding and video games DO NOT MIX. I became obsessed with my game to the point where I'd call off of work just to play.

Back in 2014, I was in a tourney called the madden challenge. I was ranked #47 in the nation (ps4 console) unfortunately I didnt make the cut. Keep in mind, this gaming for madden is even shown on espn so there is definitely money to be made $100k, sponsors ETc. The top guys are playing 24/7 and know all the glitches to play their game.

IIRC, the guy that won it that year was actually murdered live while playing in the tourney last year

- - - Updated - - -

While saying that, bodybuilding and video games DO NOT MIX. I became obsessed with my game to the point where I'd call off of work just to play.
Yesss same thing happens with me always as well, like always when i start playing im like non stop going on and just cant stop.
Its either i take gym seriously or playing games ...

I do play on my PC, very rare though. I could probably count all the games I ever played on the fingers of both hands. The last one is Fallout 4, which came out 4 years ago, and I'm not even 1/2 way through.
I read a news story 2 or 3 years back, a guy purchased a copy of Fallout 4 and just couldn't stop playing. Wife left, lost his job. So he tried to sue the game developers for all his troubles. lol, what an ass. Obviously he's a game addict and he couldn't take responsibility for his own actions.

Excuse all the misspells and auto-corrects, my phone thinks it knows better...

I use to play The Godfather and Madden Mobile up until last year. I felt like I was giving them too much time, so I quit. That being said, recently the wife and I chose to stay and home on date night, order in dinner, have a few drinks and play some old school Mario Brothers. That was a blast!

I mostly play online games with other people. Its just my way of entertainment and connecting with people that have similar interest. Growing up I always had video games, plus having a desire for technology I just love playing on my pc.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Same as TV and radio

in my mid 20's i would play an hour of Madden via xbox with strangers across the world. when mr. softie raised the price of the xbox live i was out of there and haven't played video games since... the cost is absurd and its a waste of time for me. i can understand if you have kids it is standard to own 3 different consoles and get a new one yearly, but i am not sure if i had a kid i would want him inside playing video games instead of outside playing sports and exercising.

on a side note anyone remember getting their first Nintendo? I was like 5 or 6 and it cost $99.. super mario brothers was amazing.

Last edited:
i can understand if you have kids it is standard to own 3 different consoles and get a new one yearly

I can't understand that. Maybe if they're spoiled brats and always want to have the latest technology, even though the latest gadget it's much different than the previous model. Many people are like this about the cell phones, upgrading every year to have the latest and greatest. Insanity.

Excuse all the misspells and auto-corrects, my phone thinks it knows better...

NBA 2K, Fifa 19 .. that's all I play on my PS4 .. on my laptop, all kinds of sherlock holmes type of games, old school 90s and early 2000s games ..

so i dont get to play as much as i used to but im definitely still a gamer...

i have two setups... we have a theater room downstairs and i have a ps4 and nintendo switch, but honest, i play the switch a lot more.. .it reminds me more of being a kid and half the ps4 games require a fucking college course to learn how to play... for me, i dont like games that are so complex that it takes that much time but i still do love most sports games on the ps4 especially... the switch is just awesome, period, however im such a classic gamer so that brings me to room #2...

i have my own room set up thats pure classic... when i lived in seattle, i was actually out with my mom at the mall and we were leaving and i saw this place called "game over videogames" what a find! this place sells nothing but retro games, consoles etc... so this room setup has the following systems... regular nintendo, super nintendo, sega genesis and gameboy all in one... its called a retron console.. then i have a ps1/2 combo, nintendo 64 and dream cast.. now this takes A LOT of wiring, adapters etc considering none of these actually go into the new tv's but there are splitters and adapters to make it possible.. this is a classic gamers dream set up... nothing beats the old systems!!

best video game ever? Super tecmo bowl.

do you guys remember in those days having to go rent the games at the video store for like 3 days because they were too expensive to buy?

and when the console got too hot it would restart on its own.

best video game ever? Super tecmo bowl.

do you guys remember in those days having to go rent the games at the video store for like 3 days because they were too expensive to buy?

and when the console got too hot it would restart on its own.
Bro I still have it, early 1990's. you dont want to see me on there lol, i was beast with bo Jackson.... was unstoppable..
c818e65484217a14f851a33e93514d8d.jpg
7a0a7b939356fa8b28db4b5f4d503a89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bro I still have it, early 1990's. you dont want to see me on there lol, i was beast with bo Jackson.... was unstoppable..
c818e65484217a14f851a33e93514d8d.jpg
7a0a7b939356fa8b28db4b5f4d503a89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lol nice man. classic. the younger guys on here have no clue what this is and that is sad.

Tecmo bowl was sick fir sure HOWEVER im sticking with mike tyson punchout and contra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha! Mike Tyson's Punch Out for the win! 30+ years later and I can still hear the game music and sound effects in my head.

007-373-5963. Direct to tyson. Fuck that mr dream knock off shit too. Has to be the real tyson or it doesnt count loll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm definitely a gamer. I have been for around 35 years. Goes all the way back to Atari 2600, then Nintendo, Sega genesis, Nintendo 64, super Nintendo, xbox, xbox 360 and playstation 1 through 4

Now of course I dont get to play as much with a wife, two kids, a good career, and a consistent workout regiment but I still find time. I never do in the week, but I do a little on weekends....Especially in the winter months or when it's raining, bad weather, etc. I will take 2 or 3 hours on each day of the weekend at times. Then theres periods like the summer where I may not play for months because of everything going on, family functions, sports for the kids the pool, etc.

But gaming is something i will probably always enjoy, when theres time for it after my priorities

Back
Top Bottom