needtobuildmuscle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: One secret of being SUPER big

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by killionb12 View Post
    Iím surprised at your weight you only got 420lb bench. I have hit 520lbs for 1 at 280lbs this off-season.
    how many guys in every gym can do 400+ ? you will find maybe a handful at a legit gym. none at a smaller place like planet fitness or one of those places. i cannot do 400 anymore, i could before i blew out my shoulder and was taking tren. i peaked around 425 and i was about 196 pounds. i will likely never lift that heavy again barring a miracle. so if mobster at his age can do 400+ that is incredible to me
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    how many guys in every gym can do 400+ ? you will find maybe a handful at a legit gym. none at a smaller place like planet fitness or one of those places. i cannot do 400 anymore, i could before i blew out my shoulder and was taking tren. i peaked around 425 and i was about 196 pounds. i will likely never lift that heavy again barring a miracle. so if mobster at his age can do 400+ that is incredible to me
    Oh I agree. Not taking anything away from him. Thatís still really good. I know many guys that can press 400+ but they are younger. I know a guy that is 196lbs that lifts over 500 as well. He is a competitive powerlifter though. I typically lift heavy in the 8-12 rep range to maximize hypertrophy but find myself doing less heavy barbell because itís so hard on the joints.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I've never been a good bencher. I'm much better at pulling movements. At any rate, doing 200 pound benches feels like 400 to me so it's same result. : )
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by killionb12 View Post
    Oh I agree. Not taking anything away from him. Thatís still really good. I know many guys that can press 400+ but they are younger. I know a guy that is 196lbs that lifts over 500 as well. He is a competitive powerlifter though. I typically lift heavy in the 8-12 rep range to maximize hypertrophy but find myself doing less heavy barbell because itís so hard on the joints.
    I was 40 odd when I did it. I also have buddies younger and way stronger. Heck, one is Chris Jenkins. 700+ squats and deadlifts at 90kg (198lbs).

As I said I'd say I'm a 10% lifter (as in in the strongest 10% of most gyms) on most lifts. But on grip I'm in (or was) the 1%.

All my current training bar two grip movements are in the 8 rep range

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    I was 40 odd when I did it. I also have buddies younger and way stronger. Heck, one is Chris Jenkins. 700+ squats and deadlifts at 90kg (198lbs).

As I said I'd say I'm a 10% lifter (as in in the strongest 10% of most gyms) on most lifts. But on grip I'm in (or was) the 1%.

All my current training bar two grip movements are in the 8 rep range
    which is why you are your age and still able to go heavy. i fucked up in my mid 30's and will never lift heavy again

when i hit my PR's i had my 110 pound gf spotting me. basically her job was if something went wrong run and find the biggest dude in the gym lol .. that is how dumb i was
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ballin2504 View Post
    I couldnít imagine being that big it would have to be kind of a pain trying to do anything. I have a lot of respect for the guys that can get that big and still have visible abs but not something I would or could ever do. Everyone loves to see a mass monster though.
    Like wiping your ass

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I never wanted to be over 200 pounds so I guess my opinion in this matter is irrelevant.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    which is why you are your age and still able to go heavy. i fucked up in my mid 30's and will never lift heavy again

when i hit my PR's i had my 110 pound gf spotting me. basically her job was if something went wrong run and find the biggest dude in the gym lol .. that is how dumb i was
    LOL. I had guys that did strongman as spotters

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234