Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One secret of being SUPER big

Mobster

Staff
VIP
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
Like 300...320...350 or even 400 or more lbs big.

So, starting with Dorian Yates in his classic B&W video 'Blood & Guts' where we see an off season Yates at a reported 305-310lbs smashing the weights he gave us a clue. I've seen the same clue or clues in the HUGE strength athletes (150kg / 330lbs+) I've trained with, competed against and just plain been around.

With the rare exception they are all CHILLED AS F**K. Now they ALL have godly genetics. But you can't learn from that. If you're reading this it's too late to get better genes via your family. Not just big old bones but an ability to eat massive amounts of food and digest them well. It's a given that they can move a lot of weight for reps in the gym. We've covered some of the real big guys in the Hardcore postcast series. It's as equal a given that they'll be using PEDs but 95% of these freaks were big mofos before. They just became bigger ones after.

No. The secret you can try and apply to you is being chilled as f**k when you're not in the gym. From having super supportive partners and training buddies deal with crap for you. Having quiet 'me time' during the day. Not reacting with anger to stuff outside the gym and letting silly stuff piss you off (let it slide bro...). Even to not getting on edge with some of the harder AAS.

All those I know only ever 'turned it up to 11' in the gym. Even if they worked the doors or did some kinda security they'd laugh while you saw other raging. A few were so nasty big and hard looking you kinda didn't wanna see them on a rage outside of lifting.

So... just relax... save the rage for the weights

Stress will raise cortisol I worked the doors too thank god I will never do that again it’s now full of people who shouldn’t do the job as the licence gives everyone the opportunity to do it but you’ll know in your day everyone who worked the doors was a proper hardman with a known reputation and it should still be the same.

Stress will raise cortisol I worked the doors too thank god I will never do that again it’s now full of people who shouldn’t do the job as the licence gives everyone the opportunity to do it but you’ll know in your day everyone who worked the doors was a proper hardman with a known reputation and it should still be the same.

I'm chilled 95% of the time but could turn on the 'full steam ahead' very quickly lol.

So, starting with Dorian Yates in his classic B&W video 'Blood & Guts' where we see an off season Yates at a reported 305-310lbs smashing the weights he gave us a clue. I've seen the same clue or clues in the HUGE strength athletes (150kg / 330lbs+) I've trained with, competed against and just plain been around.

With the rare exception they are all CHILLED AS F**K. Now they ALL have godly genetics. But you can't learn from that. If you're reading this it's too late to get better genes via your family. Not just big old bones but an ability to eat massive amounts of food and digest them well. It's a given that they can move a lot of weight for reps in the gym. We've covered some of the real big guys in the Hardcore postcast series. It's as equal a given that they'll be using PEDs but 95% of these freaks were big mofos before. They just became bigger ones after.

No. The secret you can try and apply to you is being chilled as f**k when you're not in the gym. From having super supportive partners and training buddies deal with crap for you. Having quiet 'me time' during the day. Not reacting with anger to stuff outside the gym and letting silly stuff piss you off (let it slide bro...). Even to not getting on edge with some of the harder AAS.

All those I know only ever 'turned it up to 11' in the gym. Even if they worked the doors or did some kinda security they'd laugh while you saw other raging. A few were so nasty big and hard looking you kinda didn't wanna see them on a rage outside of lifting.

The perfect bodybuilder is the one that stays calm and relax all day and use the rage in the gym to do a intense workout . Big exemple Hunter labrada and Nick Walker .
About being big you need to be over 300 pounds . Is not truth because your weight is not just muscle. Check how Antoine Vaillant weighting 320 pounds off season look small on stage. Higher athletes easy to get heavier , large bone athletes the same . look at Bonac with less than 100kg looking huge. Roelly is probably the freakiest on moment and not over 300lb athlete .

The perfect bodybuilder is the one that stays calm and relax all day and use the rage in the gym to do a intense workout . Big exemple Hunter labrada and Nick Walker .
About being big you need to be over 300 pounds . Is not truth because your weight is not just muscle. Check how Antoine Vaillant weighting 320 pounds off season look small on stage. Higher athletes easy to get heavier , large bone athletes the same . look at Bonac with less than 100kg looking huge. Roelly is probably the freakiest on moment and not over 300lb athlete .

Ahh that's 'looking big' vs 'being big'. Bodybuilding is ALL visual (looking). The perception of size is all in what we call detail. You KNOW for yourself, just from peoples reactions to how you look that when you're in out of season shape you are bigger. Bigger in size and heavier on the scale. But when you're leaner, tighter and look better, you're actually smaller. But people will tell you 'you look better'. Those who don't know better will even think you're bigger when, in fact, you're not. That's bodybuilding. Only a few can do what is termed 'growing into a show'.

But, as you say, there are many great bodybuilders who are not 300lbs. Remember my reply to a post the other day. I KNOW the history of the Iron Game going back 100+ years. Danny Padilla was awesome at under 200lbs and around 5'4 to 5'6. What I referred to was 'super big'. And I made a point of mentioning the weights (300-400+lbs). A great example of a relatively lean (cos he did not have a fat belly and even had semi visible abs) was the strongman Thor. When he did his 501-kilos deadlift he was 210-kilos bodyweight (452lbs) at 6'8. Eddie Hall is a half inch under my height (he's 6' 2.5-inches) and has visible abs at 350-360lbs bodyweight.

A key point and potential benefit for you too Monstro is what I said in my first post. Destressing, being chilled, simplifying your life will possibly help you take the next step in size. Imagine a 260 or 270lbs Monstro vs a 250lbs Monstro...

Last edited:

I think the main thing to getting big is hardcore training and high protein diets. I think it's a legit secret, if the guys aren't training until failure it's not proper training.

Dorian trained like a beast that's why he looked like that.

I think the main thing to getting big is hardcore training and high protein diets. I think it's a legit secret, if the guys aren't training until failure it's not proper training.

Dorian trained like a beast that's why he looked like that.

That's why I titled it 'one secret'. Training etc is a given.

I couldn’t imagine being that big it would have to be kind of a pain trying to do anything. I have a lot of respect for the guys that can get that big and still have visible abs but not something I would or could ever do. Everyone loves to see a mass monster though.

bro you might be almost as big as me, hard to tell from yo picks. once you drive truck down here we can measure each other

You could try posting a pic or two yourself (chop the head out of frame if need be). Have an well known object in the photo for scale. I'll take a similar pic for you to compare.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn’t imagine being that big it would have to be kind of a pain trying to do anything. I have a lot of respect for the guys that can get that big and still have visible abs but not something I would or could ever do. Everyone loves to see a mass monster though.

Greg Kovacs, subject of one of our Hardcore Podcasts, had to get his wife to wipe his ass.

Stevesmi and I have touched upon this in preshow chats. So much of what people stress over today is of their own choice. I'm lucky (although I have repair bills lol) in that my place is HUGE but didn't cost me much. Lots stay with their mortgages for decades and add loans etc to their properties all the time. I paid cash for a 2nd hand jeep (the GF drives it). In the US, and to the same degree, people move every 5 years and upgrade their cars every 3 years. Their in debt all the time. That's stress right there.

Going back to Dorian - he held out for the MrO over other stuff and at his biggest had a paid for 4 bed house. He stayed away from the US scene and didn't get into the gym licensing early when he could have (waiting until he retired) so as to keep it simple. He didn't even have just the one training partner (Leroy is just the most well known). He trained when the gym was quiet and with his own music. Zero distractions. Again a stress lowerer.

Yes the big killer of gains is cortisol aka stress . But since i start having more time to do what i love, eat my leals , real food on time i improve alot even over 40´s . Also right now i push my protein to almost 500gr day and i see this is helping me growing much more even using less gear . Protein is the only muscle builder from all macros , so you need alot to grow huge

Yes the big killer of gains is cortisol aka stress . But since i start having more time to do what i love, eat my leals , real food on time i improve alot even over 40´s . Also right now i push my protein to almost 500gr day and i see this is helping me growing much more even using less gear . Protein is the only muscle builder from all macros , so you need alot to grow huge

100%. I'll be 57 this year and I've done some PB's in the last 12 months

100%. I'll be 57 this year and I've done some PB's in the last 12 months

Age means nothing you can always improve the mindset of age is something I think should be talked about more never think of the number but always on how to keep improving the safest way possible

Age means nothing you can always improve the mindset of age is something I think should be talked about more never think of the number but always on how to keep improving the safest way possible

Changing goals is less of a head fuck. My all time PB on bench is 190kg. I hit 170kg the last two cycles (a few months back for the 2nd). Right now I'm trying to hit 3 x 8 x 140kg. It's kinda a given I wont do 190kg again (never used a shirt so... maybe with a shirt lol).

Back
Top Bottom