needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organic milk vs regular milk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Organic milk vs regular milk

I drink a lot of milk. would it be worth my money to go organic over regular in terms of gains? organic is a lot more expensive but its something to consider if gains will improve. thanks!
    Currently using and loving NTBM Products: [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]HCGenerate,[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]GEAR [/COLOR][/B] NeedtoSlin

Current Goal: cutting

Goal in 7 months: 250 lbs, 10% bodyfat

:)
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    No. I used to work on a dairy farm and my good friend own a dairy farm, along with work at agencies that regulate such and SOME organic foods are better for you, but milk... there is no way to ensure it's organic. There's too much involved in industry, too much outsourcing for food supply. It's impossible to guarantee and no farm can go the extra mile considering the cost of running a dairy farm, and the payout.

The people who sell "organic milk" 95% of the time... they don't own the farm, they have no affiliation with the farm. You see what I mean?

Advanced Cyborg Brother Mad_Max21's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    ^^^Good point!
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2r4k288.png[/IMG]

[B][COLOR="Red"]WE SHALL ALL LEAD, THEREFORE WE WILL ALL CONQUER! ONLY THEN OUR KINGDOM WILL BE BUILT, A KINGDOM OF MADMEN!! KTS!![/COLOR][/B]

aka Blondie_Bombshell Squataholic's Avatar
    Kicking your ass without smearing my eyeliner!
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I used to think I hated cows milk, until I tried organic the taste is 10x better. I buy mine locally AT the farm, same with my meats. I like how they treat their animals so I am willing to pay more.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR="#ff33cc"][SIZE=4]Live Fast, Die Pretty[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaina View Post
    No. I used to work on a dairy farm and my good friend own a dairy farm, along with work at agencies that regulate such and SOME organic foods are better for you, but milk... there is no way to ensure it's organic. There's too much involved in industry, too much outsourcing for food supply. It's impossible to guarantee and no farm can go the extra mile considering the cost of running a dairy farm, and the payout.

The people who sell "organic milk" 95% of the time... they don't own the farm, they have no affiliation with the farm. You see what I mean?
    great post, thank you so much!
    Currently using and loving NTBM Products: [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]HCGenerate,[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]GEAR [/COLOR][/B] NeedtoSlin

Current Goal: cutting

Goal in 7 months: 250 lbs, 10% bodyfat

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squataholic View Post
    I used to think I hated cows milk, until I tried organic the taste is 10x better. I buy mine locally AT the farm, same with my meats. I like how they treat their animals so I am willing to pay more.
    We buy our meat local too. It's always good to know where your food is coming from!

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaina View Post
    We buy our meat local too. It's always good to know where your food is coming from!
    Gotta love farm fresh!

Super Moderator
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Hell yeah. I get the eggs from my neighbor, the meat from a friend and the milk from a local dairy farm. But...I get my bananas from Costa Rica.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    raw milk is great for anyone with lactose intolerant issues, other than that, cows fed only with grass are the way to go whether it be organic or nonorganic.
    [SIZE="5"][SIZE="7"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]The ULTIMATE MMA/natural training stack arsenal
    HCGenerate/ Gear/ Need2Slin/ N2KTS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Blue"]BEST tasting protein bars are Better Protein Bars[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [SIZE="4"]Need help or got questions/concerns, pm me![/SIZE]
    [URL="http://http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/store/Health-Wellness/GEAR-p36.html"]http://http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/store/Health-Wellness/GEAR-p36.html[/URL]

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/sbt2082/N2BM.jpg[/IMG]

Checkout my phytoserms 347 log: [URL="http://needtobuildmuscle.net/forum/f21/andrew-tests-out-product-x-needto-6697.html"]http://needtobuildmuscle.net/forum/f21/andrew-tests-out-product-x-needto-6697.html[/URL]

[B][SIZE=3]New NTBM Toll Free Number: 1 855 236 6987 [/SIZE][/B]

Feel Free to email me at [email][email protected][/email]

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It's hard because let's take farm A cows... if they're not getting enough nutrition, their age, it's too cold....etc... their bodies naturally produce less fatty milk. Low fat content milk does not pay as well as high fat milk. If you cannot get the price you need for the milk, you cannot afford to run the dairy. There are animal drugs given to cows to assist them in producing high fat milk. Cows get sick, they need antibiotics.. if they don't they can die. If they die you've just lost a dairy cow. It takes 2 years of feeding and maintaining calves to even get them to an age where they can be bred and hence produce milk. So a cow doesn't even earn it's "keep" until 2/3s into it's life. Dairy cows cannot be sent to pasture, they're milked 2-3 times a day. In between they eat and sleep. A functioning dairy farm needs at least 1000 milking cows to be "good" in today's market. That means a farm has approximately 1500 cows to feed if not more. Cows cannot graze fast enough to be able to still be milked, they cannot consume enough grazing to produce high fat milk. Even beefers in America don't graze their whole lives. At the end of their life before they are butchered they are given "fillers" to bulk up their meat, give them enough fat to be appealing. No one buys a nice prime rib without fat on it, a porterhouse without good marbleizing. Anyways... useless knowledge for the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast