Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraing while on Sarm cycle? Deload mid cycle?

i'm an advocate for deloads and general maintenance on the body. most guys have no clue how to do it but learn the hard way as they get older

i try to explain this to guys in their 20's and early 30's but they do not want to listen and believe it will all even out but it doesn't.. the truth is weight training beats up your body in several ways. it reduces mobility in places like your knees, shoulders, hips, etc. it also causes your discs to malfunction over time. it is very important to deload and also to practice yoga to reverse both issues. bikram yoga in particular will actually de-compress the discs, balance the body, and help clear out built up scar tissue. you will get much more benefits from it than just your standard post workout stretching

i'm an advocate for deloads and general maintenance on the body. most guys have no clue how to do it but learn the hard way as they get older

i try to explain this to guys in their 20's and early 30's but they do not want to listen and believe it will all even out but it doesn't.. the truth is weight training beats up your body in several ways. it reduces mobility in places like your knees, shoulders, hips, etc. it also causes your discs to malfunction over time. it is very important to deload and also to practice yoga to reverse both issues. bikram yoga in particular will actually de-compress the discs, balance the body, and help clear out built up scar tissue. you will get much more benefits from it than just your standard post workout stretching

Steve im picturing you in a pair of bike shorts sweating balls while doing the tree pose....LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Steve im picturing you in a pair of bike shorts sweating balls while doing the tree pose....LOL!

But yea I do deload weeks. Basically same weights but half the sets or less.

If you are training every other day 3 sets and random amount of sets might simply be too much. You have most likely exceeded the maximum amount of volume your body can handle and I think having a deload week is a good idea.

When training with that high frequency you need to be very careful with the amount volume you do as well as with the intensity levels.

If you need any further help with training programming please send me email. I would really like to help you to setting up a proper plan. Cheers mate.

Juat to add to the conversation, aside from a Deload week(half weight/volume) I say hitting parts 2 times per week is plenty. Assuming the trainee isn't a novice. To be more specific, about 20 sets per week works well for me. Roughly 1 heavy day 13-15 sets, and a lighter day of 6-8 sets. I dont have a super heavy job so works well for me but everybody is different and can handle little more or less.

Juat to add to the conversation, aside from a Deload week(half weight/volume) I say hitting parts 2 times per week is plenty. Assuming the trainee isn't a novice. To be more specific, about 20 sets per week works well for me. Roughly 1 heavy day 13-15 sets, and a lighter day of 6-8 sets. I dont have a super heavy job so works well for me but everybody is different and can handle little more or less.

I dunno if its just my body but I can handle body groups twice a week with insane volume.

In my log im doing you can see my workouts.

I legit go all out everytime and luckily havent had any joint issues or anything. I then deload and use same weights but instead of 4-5 sets of an exercise I do 1-2.

I dunno if its just my body but I can handle body groups twice a week with insane volume.

I legit go all out everytime and luckily havent had any joint issues or anything. I then deload and use same weights but instead of 4-5 sets of an exercise I do 1-2.
Nice. I was running a log but got basically zero interaction so just quit

If i remember, when i get home from work ill share exactly what im doin

So iv been going pretty hard lately even before i started my cycle I switch my splits from Push, Pull, Legs to a split that consist of chest, back, shoulders then legs, abs, arms and alternating back and forth, iv always been a pretty good recoverer and maybe once a week or every 2 weeks id take a rest day. But lately everything has been recovering except my chest which im doing 3 exercises X sets every other day. Same as back which is fine. But iv been noticing lately my chest has had some lingering soreness. I even went 5 days last week between chest workouts due to the fact I went away for the weekend. Still felt slight soreness, nothing serious, i can just feel it not 100% sore free like im used to. Then came back did a work out and its been 3 days since and again the same minor soreness lingers. I have no problem working thru it but is it counterproductive? Should I deload mid cycle? ( well not really mid week 9 of 12) Thoughts?

Quite simply that's too much.

Some of you are, IMO, making huge mistakes. Just because you can 'handle' huge volumes or train something 3x a week doesn't man you should. Heck, even if half of what's written in BB magazines is made up by the writers you never seen 'huge volumes'r or 3x a week being suggested for athletes with twice your genetics advantage. So why do it?

Do what makes you better, bigger or stronger. Don't test the limits 'just because'.

Some of you are, IMO, making huge mistakes. Just because you can 'handle' huge volumes or train something 3x a week doesn't man you should. Heck, even if half of what's written in BB magazines is made up by the writers you never seen 'huge volumes'r or 3x a week being suggested for athletes with twice your genetics advantage. So why do it?

Do what makes you better, bigger or stronger. Don't test the limits 'just because'.

Agreed I think though as long as you listen to your body (in particular joints and ligaments) then that should dictate your workout.

For me my volume is with lighter weights and more reps. I then switch to heavier weights and lower reps.

If im feeling overly sore, creaky joints, etc I back off and do fewer sets/reps and up my cardio a bit until I feel better.

I agree though many overtrain. One of my good friends is an orthopedic surgeon and his business has almost tripled since Crossfit took off due to people pushing themselves way beyond what their bodies can handle.

Back
Top Bottom