Thread: Overtraining on AAS

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Overtraining on AAS

Hello

I know you can over train, even while on cycle but I can't really find what it actually means to over train.
    And what really decides / does it mean to over train? How would you know except injuries?

For example, training when your muscles are sore is a no no? Or doesn't matter?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Basically, you need to use common sense when on AAS to avoid overtraining. Ignoring potential for injuries, overtraining happens when you keep hitting the same muscle groups too frequently and they never have time to repair. This will actually slow or stall your progress.

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by P0N View Post
    Basically, you need to use common sense when on AAS to avoid overtraining. Ignoring potential for injuries, overtraining happens when you keep hitting the same muscle groups too frequently and they never have time to repair. This will actually slow or stall your progress.
    Whatís the recommendation for splits?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    you don't need to hammer your muscles nonstop in the gym to get results. in the process you are only going to flare up your joints. remember weight training compresses your spine and it will grind out your soft tissues due to immobility, along with de-lubricating.

so instead of over training with weights all the time. on your off days do what will de-compress the spine, strengthen your soft tissue, increase mobility and lubricate joints. hot yoga will take care of all 4 things for you. if you can workout 3-4X per week SMARTLY with weight training then give me 2 hot yoga days mixed in then you will last a long time in this game. i wish i had a time machine to go back 10 or 15 years and tell this stuff to myself that i am telling you. and i'm not talking about grandma yoga or that phony yoga they do at franchise gym classes, i am talking about LEGIT hot yoga in a studio. 99% of guys on here could not survive a 90 minute class of it. but keep going and you will condition yourself
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrizzy50. View Post
    Whatís the recommendation for splits?
    From what I understand and what's being supported by science is doing pull/push/legs twice per week for about 15-20 sets total per week and muscle. That's what will get you the most muscle gains. But you have to go real hard.
    But i've been out of the gym for so long due to previous injury I can't manage 6 days per week yet, getting way to sore and feel I need more recovery but its mentally hard to take an extra day off the gym, so figured I'd come here and see what everyone else thinks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    you don't need to hammer your muscles nonstop in the gym to get results. in the process you are only going to flare up your joints. remember weight training compresses your spine and it will grind out your soft tissues due to immobility, along with de-lubricating.

so instead of over training with weights all the time. on your off days do what will de-compress the spine, strengthen your soft tissue, increase mobility and lubricate joints. hot yoga will take care of all 4 things for you. if you can workout 3-4X per week SMARTLY with weight training then give me 2 hot yoga days mixed in then you will last a long time in this game. i wish i had a time machine to go back 10 or 15 years and tell this stuff to myself that i am telling you. and i'm not talking about grandma yoga or that phony yoga they do at franchise gym classes, i am talking about LEGIT hot yoga in a studio. 99% of guys on here could not survive a 90 minute class of it. but keep going and you will condition yourself
    Honestly been a lot better with not pushing myself stupid, definitely more conscious about injuries overall.
    Are you talking about that buckram yoga or whatever its called? Basically yoga in a sauna? Tried it once with a girl, not for me lol. I have signed up for just regular beginner yoga class once per week and I also have a naprapath/chiropractor that focuses on bodybuilding related stuff that I visit 3 times per month.
    No idea what it's called but he does something where he basically moves the muscles back in place, I literally have tears in my eyes every single time, sometimes it changes the whole shape of my legs lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dylangemelli View Post
    Great read, thanks dylan!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hello

I know you can over train, even while on cycle but I can't really find what it actually means to over train.
    And what really decides / does it mean to over train? How would you know except injuries?

For example, training when your muscles are sore is a no no? Or doesn't matter?
    Lack of sleep, loss of appetite, zero gains and so on

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I know it sounds cliche but you need to listen to your body. You are always at risk of injury on gear since you can push so much harder/heavier/longer with training. My thoughts are to do a similar work load that I would do off cycle.
    ***hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) for Canadian sources***

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I do the split above and do a cardio day in between so pushing/cardio/legs/cardio/pulling/cardio and the 7th day of the week I either do stretching or light cardio.

Its fine to train sore muscle groups, just make sure it is muscle soreness and not pain. As others have stated AAS/PEDs are going to allow your muscles to grow rapidly and its not the muscles that pay the price its the tendons, ligaments, joints, etc that cant take the additional strain.

As Masonic said I do the same, if my body is screaming at me that I need a break i take a break. If not I go at it hard.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Masonic Bodybuilder View Post
    I know it sounds cliche but you need to listen to your body. You are always at risk of injury on gear since you can push so much harder/heavier/longer with training. My thoughts are to do a similar work load that I would do off cycle.
    I try to do what but sometimes it's hard to follow your own advice for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    I do the split above and do a cardio day in between so pushing/cardio/legs/cardio/pulling/cardio and the 7th day of the week I either do stretching or light cardio.

Its fine to train sore muscle groups, just make sure it is muscle soreness and not pain. As others have stated AAS/PEDs are going to allow your muscles to grow rapidly and its not the muscles that pay the price its the tendons, ligaments, joints, etc that cant take the additional strain.

As Masonic said I do the same, if my body is screaming at me that I need a break i take a break. If not I go at it hard.
    Yeh, I remember my second cycle, I added something like 200 pounds on the leg press in the span of like 8 weeks, started hurting under my feets, like smack middle of the sole and after a while it became painful to walk at times. The chiropractor i had at the time just laughed and said to relax on the leg workouts because it was pushing to much on my back which wasn't ready to handle the load.
    I've had minor injuries almost every cycle so trying to change that and just get into the mentality of marathons rather than sprints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast