Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Parents who juice....when and how did you explain your use to your kids?

Stugatz

VIP
PSL Sponsor
2agvw1.jpg

This topic does not apply to me whatsoever but I think it would be interesting to hear how that conversation goes.

So I have a few questions for parents with older kids (late teens and older);

1) Was there ever a time when it became impossible to fully conceal your steroid use? When your child became old enough to notice the obvious signs?

2) If yes to question above, how old were they when this happened?

3) If/when they became aware or at least had suspicion, did they approach you about it?

4) If yes to question above, how did the conversation go? Did you admit to it or deny and play dumb?

5) If your kid approached you at the age of 25 and wanted to start supplementing with AAS, how would you feel about it? (assuming all pre-requisites have been met; diet, training, solid base, training experience, etc.)

6) If you were OK with them using AAS...would you help them acquire it or let them figure it out?

***Feel free to be selective with the questions you want to answer. Not all of these apply to everyone but I think this would be an interesting discussion...and may help those who have not experienced this situation yet but may in the near future.

My wife knows, but my kids don't. They're only 12 and 10. They just think my growth is normal and from supplements I use. I'm not that big though. I'm bigger then I was years ago when I trained naturally. I think the biggest I got was 165 lbs (not sure the body fat %. Still not sure how much body fat I have now, I don't have calipers. But I'm 181 lbs, and relatively the same bodyfat level.

If my kids came to me at 25 and wanted to start AAS, I'd dissuade them until they were at least 30+.

If they were going to take it anyway, I'd rather them go through me and I show them how to use it so they don't make the same mistakes I will have made. I just started this year, so I'm sure there will be more mistakes I will yet make.

Shit I havent even told my wife yet lol!

My kids are too young (2 year old and new born) so dont have to worry about that for a long time.

I'd like to think you might be joking about not telling the wife. The partner should be the person to whom you're the closest to and so...

I've a daughter and when she was still with her then husband they came to watch me take part in a local parade. Lifting buddies and myself pulled a 7 ton fire engine into town (carrying the Mock Mayor of Barton and other VIP's - a local tradition) followed by my doing a strength show. In between the two I took a break in my then home and was making them a coffee. She just came out and asked and I said yea... sure. Carrying on like nothing. Only I then, as I place the coffee on the table, see what looked like a different look on their faces. I gave it a moment.

After the moment I explained that NOTHING had changed. Nothing except their perception from the moment before to the moment after. I've no doubt they took a little longer than the moment but I don't recall there being any issues following the day. I don't think I've come right out with it in front of my mum mind... lol

I'd like to think you might be joking about not telling the wife. The partner should be the person to whom you're the closest to and so...

I've a daughter and when she was still with her then husband they came to watch me take part in a local parade. Lifting buddies and myself pulled a 7 ton fire engine into town (carrying the Mock Mayor of Barton and other VIP's - a local tradition) followed by my doing a strength show. In between the two I took a break in my then home and was making them a coffee. She just came out and asked and I said yea... sure. Carrying on like nothing. Only I then, as I place the coffee on the table, see what looked like a different look on their faces. I gave it a moment.

After the moment I explained that NOTHING had changed. Nothing except their perception from the moment before to the moment after. I've no doubt they took a little longer than the moment but I don't recall there being any issues following the day. I don't think I've come right out with it in front of my mum mind... lol

I hear ya and I havent implicitly told her but shes in the medical research field and even explaining it to her she would just roll her eyes.

She has seen me take Sarms and stuff just no idea on the injectables. It is what it is if she found it would she be thrilled? No but she just would most likely tell me to cut the shit lol which means no more gear!

Its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission sometimes!

Only I then, as I place the coffee on the table, see what looked like a different look on their faces. I gave it a moment.

It probably was a shock due to the fact you use "illegal" substance, not to you actually using steroids. I remember the same feeling I had about 15 years ago (I was 25 at a time) when I found out my younger sister was smoking weed. I was in shock. Illegal = bad, unhealthy and gonna kill you. That was my thinking at a time. Now weed is legal in Canada, I didn't use it before not gonna use it now, but my perspective has changed over the years. Not everything that the government say is illegal is bad (relatively speaking) and not everything that is legal is good (or not as bad in this case) - tobacco and alcohol are much more damaging to a human health than steroids.

Sent from an alien spaceship using Tapatalk

On topic, my wife knows, my boy obviously doesn't, he's only 3 months old, lol. By the time he's 25 or older, I'm gonna be an old fart, just like Eddie :) but I hope I'd still be in a good shape then. If my boy asks me if I use, I won't deny. If he would like an advice on steroids use, I'd provide all the information I could for him to make an informed decision and if needed, I'll get him going with source info etc.

Sent from an alien spaceship using Tapatalk

I may have some insight to this....

My kids are now 19/16 and i've been on gear for almost four years to include TRT. I think my oldest son was probably 16 or so when I talked to him about it. He was involved in Football as was his brother their whole life.

So since i was coaching and all of a sudden got way bigger in a matter of a season I decided to speak to my kids about my decision and just educate them that this isn't all it's cracked up to be....

I didn't want them to think I took the easy route. Because I also invited them to train with me if they wanted to see what type of discipline it takes even with gear.... I told them about natural test production and how I wanted to enjoy my life from 40 and beyond.... I explained to them that "perspective" is a helluva equalizer.. And my perspective on usage shouldn't be theirs.

If my kids ever wanted to use prior to 35 i'd advise against it.....

I at first kept it from my girl because she's an RN and like others have said with SO's in the medical field you may get an instant ROLLEYES.... And at first I did. But I again explained the situation to my girl.....

Then showed her my rock solid boner... and she said AIGHT, I get it.... LOL

But seriously I had a heart to heart with her and made her some promises. About blood work and monitoring my diet and overall health..... Get rid of drinking altogether.... And now she gives me my shots.... And she's on board as long as I explained it to her... I told her if one morning she wakes up to my cold, tren poisoned body, to just know that I lived like a Lion, and don't be sad for me..... I chose my path.....

HAHAHAH my girl does the shit at work as an RN so I just get her started early.... lol

I don't have kids. I plan on adopting. I'm going to adopt a black kid with great genetics. He won't need juice lol

I don't have kids. I plan on adopting. I'm going to adopt a black kid with great genetics. He won't need juice lol

Eek! This sounds like the beginnings of the next Todd Marinovich. ;-)

my college age stepson found an 18G drawing needle and was like "i have to ask, what is that?"

i told him it was for b12 injections.. which isn't a lie because i do inject b12

Be careful with that one lol

He’s going to google b12 injections and then want you to start giving him one.

Same thing happened to me with Colleen. I give her a b12 injection every 2 weeks now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question that I have never thought of. My kids are 9 and 11 so still too young to have a handle on PED's. Although they are fully aware that marijuana is now legal here.

I feel like it's on a need to know basis. If I ever feel there's a point they need to know they will be inforned to the level that they need. They are 11 and 7 so quite a ways from that even happening. My wife has known everything from day one

Those damn black Canadians lol

Mobster, all of us Canadians can walk on water! Black, white or whatever!

- - - Updated - - -

And my wife and kids all know. They are adults and were all told in their teen years what the old man was up to, so now I get shit from one thats a nurse, my son does no drugs at all, and my youngest watches every move I make, just like her mother taught her. They know I am doing AAS, and they all keep an eye on me so I don’t get carried away, literally.

Mobster, all of us Canadians can walk on water! Black, white or whatever!

- - - Updated - - -

And my wife and kids all know. They are adults and were all told in their teen years what the old man was up to, so now I get shit from one thats a nurse, my son does no drugs at all, and my youngest watches every move I make, just like her mother taught her. They know I am doing AAS, and they all keep an eye on me so I don’t get carried away, literally.

You guys living in America’s hat def have great genetics!

Back
Top Bottom