Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Partial tear or fully torn?

Stats
    5í9
    28 years old

I have been experiencing some slight irritation in my left rotator cuff. Today it felt better so I decided to do barbell bench. Itís been about 8 days since last time.

Went too heavy and felt a pop in between my arm pit and nipple. I didnít give out.. but I was able to hold the weight till my spotter took it from me. There hasnít been much swelling. No bruising as of yet. Itís been about 6 hours since this happened.

I went to urgent care and the doctor was having trouble with everything. He had to walk out the room to look at a diagram of the chest and shoulder to see what he was talking about.
    Anyway he said ďIíve felt around and it seems like everything is attached, but only way to absolutely tell is an mriĒ
    -told me to rest. And ice it down. Go see an orthopedic in two weeks for an MRI if it still hurts.

I havenít flexed my chest or try to do anything with it since 2-3pm today. But after it happened I was able to still flex my chest. I can rotate my arm in whatever direction I want. But if I go to do a push up I give out right when my chest is engaged. Remember I havenít tried any of this since 2-3pm. I know something is wrong, but I wanted to see how bad I guess. So now Iím just putting it in a sling.

My uncle is an orthopedic so I am going see him tomorrow for an MRI. Hopefully nothing is fully torn and I hope my muscle isnít torn.

If anyone has experience with a blown pec or slight tear or anything with the pec. Please let me know.

If there is also something I can take to help the recovery that would be nice as well. Iíve been on mk677 the last month and Iíve loved what it brought to the table. I donít want my hard work the last months go to waste.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I now realize Iíll never do barbell bench again and that itís the devil. So please donít give me crap about I should have never went heavy on barbell bench or whatever. I understand I messed up and I will learn from this major mistake in my training program and ego

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaa0024 View Post
    Stats
    5í9
    28 years old

I have been experiencing some slight irritation in my left rotator cuff. Today it felt better so I decided to do barbell bench. Itís been about 8 days since last time.

Went too heavy and felt a pop in between my arm pit and nipple. I didnít give out.. but I was able to hold the weight till my spotter took it from me. There hasnít been much swelling. No bruising as of yet. Itís been about 6 hours since this happened.

I went to urgent care and the doctor was having trouble with everything. He had to walk out the room to look at a diagram of the chest and shoulder to see what he was talking about.
    Anyway he said ďIíve felt around and it seems like everything is attached, but only way to absolutely tell is an mriĒ
    -told me to rest. And ice it down. Go see an orthopedic in two weeks for an MRI if it still hurts.

I havenít flexed my chest or try to do anything with it since 2-3pm today. But after it happened I was able to still flex my chest. I can rotate my arm in whatever direction I want. But if I go to do a push up I give out right when my chest is engaged. Remember I havenít tried any of this since 2-3pm. I know something is wrong, but I wanted to see how bad I guess. So now Iím just putting it in a sling.

My uncle is an orthopedic so I am going see him tomorrow for an MRI. Hopefully nothing is fully torn and I hope my muscle isnít torn.

If anyone has experience with a blown pec or slight tear or anything with the pec. Please let me know.

If there is also something I can take to help the recovery that would be nice as well. Iíve been on mk677 the last month and Iíve loved what it brought to the table. I donít want my hard work the last months go to waste.
    Done exactly the same thing, however didn't see a doc. Took about a month to recover and I have like a knot in my chest where it has healed.
    Strength normal as if it wasn't there, I had done this over 6 months ago.
    Just go easy on chest days and it will heal normally.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

This picture was taken probably an hour or two after it happened. But thatís the general area where it hurts. Now when I lift my arm like I did in this picture... itís very sore when I do that.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sssxc View Post
    Done exactly the same thing, however didn't see a doc. Took about a month to recover and I have like a knot in my chest where it has healed.
    Strength normal as if it wasn't there, I had done this over 6 months ago.
    Just go easy on chest days and it will heal normally.
    Thank you for your response man! Yeah I feel kind of a knot as well.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Thank you for your response man! Yeah I feel kind of a knot as well.
    And it shoots up your bicep when you feel it.
    Just go easy till it heals and you will be fine.
    Full strength and more will come back.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sssxc View Post
    And it shoots up your bicep when you feel it.
    Just go easy till it heals and you will be fine.
    Full strength and more will come back.
    Weíre you having any type of irritation. Discomfort in your bicep leading up to it? Last couple weeks I had some in my bicep

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Weíre you having any type of irritation. Discomfort in your bicep leading up to it? Last couple weeks I had some in my bicep
    I was trying to be a hero and load up the plates to 180kgs after being off gear for a year and fuck all training lol
    Felt it twitch and I lifted the bar to the rack. Was done for chest that day.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Can't say I have had this happen, but I do wish you a speedy recovery.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    if you tore a pec, you would know it man... thats not your rotator... you would also know if that was blown... i would still get the m.r.i. for confirmation... its honestly pretty damn hard to say by the picture you posted and even then, you need a doctor to confirm that specializes in that type of thing...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast