Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post your workout routine for this week.

Wacoach

Hey Guys,

There doesn't seem to be a good forum section to discuss actual workouts, so I guess this is as good a spot as any. Over the past weeks, I have read tons of opinions about gear, sources, and nutrition, while seeing little about training specifics. Thought I would start a post to hear what you guys are doing in the gym that might be different. I would love to hear what you did this week for a workout. Maybe give your goal for the week, month, or cycle. Tell us what you are running, and describe what you did this week in the gym to achieve the wanted results. I think I can learn a lot about matching the right gear and training to the correct goals. Hope you don't mind sharing.

Coach

Just finished GVT routine last week and moved back to strength oriented training today. Simple 4-6 sets, 6-8 rep range, and longer rest times. Felt good to put some weight up, but am total weak sauce after 7 weeks of straight volume training.

I am in week 8 of a test e cycle (1st one in years). My goal was just to make a few small gains and cut down some body fat. I have access to a gym all day, so I can split up my workouts. I log all workouts, but throw a lot of variety in week to week. The days I train and time of day revolves around work responsibilities.

This week:
Monday morning: 20 mins of stationary bike.
Monday lunch: Leg routine: heavy back squats, single leg ext, single leg curls, single leg calf raise, abduction/adduction
Monday evening: lunges, leg ext, leg curls, calf raise
Tuesday morning: 30 mins jog
Tuesday lunch: abs and 20 mins bike
Wednesday lunch: back and shoulders-most weeks I split but had to get both this week on same day: power cleans, bb rows, DB sh press, chins, 3-way shoulder, upright row, shrugs
Thursday morning: 20 mins bike
Thursday lunch: abs and arms: 3 types of curls, 3 types of extensions
Thursday evening: 20 min jog
Friday morning: chest workout: bench, DB incline, flys
Friday lunch: 20 mins bike
Saturday (today): headed out for a longer run (45 min)

Again, this isn't what I do every week on a consistent basis, but just what I did this week.

Just finished GVT routine last week and moved back to strength oriented training today. Simple 4-6 sets, 6-8 rep range, and longer rest times. Felt good to put some weight up, but am total weak sauce after 7 weeks of straight volume training.

How are you splitting it up? How many exercises in a session?

Just to explain: 12 week cycle, first 6 weeks was more lifting less cardio. Last 6 will be a lot of cardio. Trying to trim down

I don't do routines, when I get to the gym I just work my ass off and move fucking weight, I rarely leave the barbell or rack

Week 2 of high volume work to get a lot of blood flowing and healing up all my busted crap. 4 day split for squat, OH press, DL, and bench. 10 sets of 10 at 0.5*(1RM*0.9). Some assistance work to address weak points/add growth and tabata sprints added in to burn a little fat and help my cardio. Still looking forward to my heavy work again after those weeks. I do feel all the volume making a difference though strength and size-wise. Not on cycle either... yet.

I don't do routines, when I get to the gym I just work my ass off and move fucking weight, I rarely leave the barbell or rack

I feel ya, bro. My gym only has 2 power racks so when I'm doing squats people shoot me looks because I'm not doing curls there or only 2 sets of squats and calling it a day.

I have also recently taken this approach to training. I spent the last 10 years trying different routines out which was all well and good, but I wish I had learned this sooner. Just head to the gym with an idea of what part of your body you want to train, and work your ass off on it. Feel like you have another set in you? Knock it out. Have some more reps left? Keep pushing. If you know your body, you can make great gains this way. Peace

I understand Kid. Was just hoping to learn more about how people's workout changes depending on their goal and gear for each cycle.

Week 2 of high volume work to get a lot of blood flowing and healing up all my busted crap. 4 day split for squat, OH press, DL, and bench. 10 sets of 10 at 0.5*(1RM*0.9). Some assistance work to address weak points/add growth and tabata sprints added in to burn a little fat and help my cardio. Still looking forward to my heavy work again after those weeks. I do feel all the volume making a difference though strength and size-wise. Not on cycle either... yet.

How many weeks are you working volume and then how many on for heavy strength work. What do your sets look like when you change to heavy?

I have also recently taken this approach to training. I spent the last 10 years trying different routines out which was all well and good, but I wish I had learned this sooner. Just head to the gym with an idea of what part of your body you want to train, and work your ass off on it. Feel like you have another set in you? Knock it out. Have some more reps left? Keep pushing. If you know your body, you can make great gains this way. Peace

I am with you synbad. I always make sure to adjust my workout to my stamina level for the day and time allotment. If I have something left in the tank, spend it. If I have 15 extra minutes on a day, then hit another muscle group or exercise. That being said, I assume that most of you have a little bit of a plan in your head about what you want to accomplish for each week or cycle. I was just digging a bit to see if people would share.

I don't do a routine. I go by feel. Sometimes it takes 4sets to get a pump other times it takes 6. I listen to my body. I try to hit everything hard twice a week but I literally have no idea what body part I'm exercising tomorrow until how I feel that day and then I will plan my routine accordingly.

Currently I use SL 5x5 for about 10-12 weeks...6 weeks in so far. Also im on the EVO diet, atm trying to shed some weight before i jump on the sauce.
When I do take the leap, I will probably do GVT.....

How many weeks are you working volume and then how many on for heavy strength work. What do your sets look like when you change to heavy?

I'm doing 10 weeks of the high volume then switching to a Westside Barbell PL split:
Monday- Max Effort Squat/DL
Wednesday- Max effort Bench
Friday- Dynamic Effort (Speed) Squat/DL
Saturday- DE/Speed Bench

Max Effort days I do a lift that will build up my main lift and address weaknesses in my lifts. For instance I will do heavy Good Mornings for both my squat and deadlift. I'll do heavy triples at about 75%-85% of my max (on that specific lift) for 2 weeks then on week 3 I'll up the weight for heavy singles and hit a new PR on that lift. Week 4 is a deloading week less weight, less sets, more reps but still that lift (in this case good mornings).

Dynamic Effort days will be 10-12 sets at 50-65%. Reps for bench are 3, squat 2, deadlift, 1. Each concentric portion of the rep should be 1 second or less. The whole point is to work the central nervous system and get the muscles to fire as quickly as possible since physics states that power=work performed/time. (if we can both squat 500lbs to parallel but you do it in 2 seconds and I do it in 8, you are more powerful). This is where the math comes into play knowing percentages from your maxes. The DE % is done in waves, example: 3 weeks at 50%, 3 weeks at 60%, 3 weeks at 65%. The theory is that as your numbers go up, your new 50% will be your old 60%

The concept is to always get stronger. I'm just feeling really beat up from the westside style training I did all year last year (admittedly I didn't follow the waves well nor did I give myself a deload week on my Max effort days). Also, I never did such high volume before and it was a good way to incorporate some olympic lifts into my routine. (I enjoy oly lifting, but powerlifting is more my thing).

My split is chest/tris, Back/bis, Shoulders, legs. It's a 4 workout schedule and I workout 5 days per week, so whatever I train on Monday gets trained again Friday, rinse and repeat

Today I did shoulders. Machine shoulder press, dumbbell press, dumbell lateral raises seated, dumbbell lateral raises standing, then I did one tricep exercise and one bicep just for a pump. No cardio today other than running to and from where I parked LOL I had to part quite a ways away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My split is chest/tris, Back/bis, Shoulders, legs. It's a 4 workout schedule and I workout 5 days per week, so whatever I train on Monday gets trained again Friday, rinse and repeat

Rick does that change when you are trying to cut weight, etc or do you just add more cardio? I ask because my split has been similar until last week when I started doing more cardio. The split has been a little less structured as I tried to run more.

Back
Top Bottom