Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein intake while intermittent fasting

kimmy6

Hi guys,
I want to start intermittent fasting with the 16/8 approach for body recomp, starting my fasting at 7:30 pm until 11:30am next day. I am currently on cycle.

Only question is around max protein intake in one meal. It seems to be a controversial subject and not sure if there is any consensus today on this.
Essentially my only question is if I can take a protein shake in the morning around 8am. I am aware that by doing so, I am technically breaking the fast, but I read here and there that as long as a don't ingest carbs/fats along, should be ok and enable my body to make better use of the protein intake which is more evenly distributed during the day.
What are your thoughts on this?
Thank you :)

^^ what’s said there only acceptable liquids during your fast are water, black coffee and ACV to boost metabolism and get your high protein during your window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a protein shake is breaking your fast. not sure who told you otherwise but i would not listen to that person again

the best thing you can have during a fast is a homemade electrolyte drink, that will NOT break your fast.

thanks Steve, at the risk of appearing stupid...what is a homemade electrolyte drink? does it contain BCAA?

a protein shake is breaking your fast. not sure who told you otherwise but i would not listen to that person again

the best thing you can have during a fast is a homemade electrolyte drink, that will NOT break your fast.

I sometimes have upwards of 70-80 grams of protein in a single meal. It worked very well for me while cutting. I understand that your body doesn’t use all that protein but getting in all the required calories in 8hrs can at times be difficult. Have you ever checked out **************?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn’t mean to post a website. Martin Berkhan with leangains

thanks Steve, at the risk of appearing stupid...what is a homemade electrolyte drink? does it contain BCAA?

okay very simple

1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (potassium), 200-400mg liquid magnesium (either capsule or in the drink), in a large glass of water

Hi guys,
I want to start intermittent fasting with the 16/8 approach for body recomp, starting my fasting at 7:30 pm until 11:30am next day. I am currently on cycle.

Only question is around max protein intake in one meal. It seems to be a controversial subject and not sure if there is any consensus today on this.
Essentially my only question is if I can take a protein shake in the morning around 8am. I am aware that by doing so, I am technically breaking the fast, but I read here and there that as long as a don't ingest carbs/fats along, should be ok and enable my body to make better use of the protein intake which is more evenly distributed during the day.
What are your thoughts on this?
Thank you :)

ok please tell me your not trying to use this to put on any kind of muscle bc you wont you physically cant eat enough calories in those 8 hours to put on any kind of muscle also while cutting if your going for that protein should be about 1.2g per lb of bodyweight

Why can you not eat enough food in an 8 hour window? I can comfortably eat in excess of 3k in 3 meals at 170lb body weight in the 8 hour window adding on average 0.25lb per week on a deliberate slow bulk, so adding 1lb a week would only require another ~125kcals per meal

Why can you not eat enough food in an 8 hour window? I can comfortably eat in excess of 3k in 3 meals at 170lb body weight in the 8 hour window adding on average 0.25lb per week on a deliberate slow bulk, so adding 1lb a week would only require another ~125kcals per meal

my maintinence is around 4500 and if im bulking i throw 25% on top of that i cant eat 6000 cals in 8 hours if you can go for it but its a tool that should be used once or twice a week not every day i tried it and had recovery issues bc i personally find nutrients spread throughout the day treats me better

At those levels yes I imagine it is quite difficult, for me it's quite comfortable as I gain too much fat if I aim for too much of a surplus as I was a former fattie, well in excess of 100kgs standing at 1.76m and was not training at all at that point in time.

Does Martin Berkhan agree to take on clients who are on gear?

I’d say “probably not”. I think he’s pretty big on the whole natty thing. I mentioned leangains because that’s where I first learned about intermittent fasting. There & reddit

I’d say “probably not”. I think he’s pretty big on the whole natty thing. I mentioned leangains because that’s where I first learned about intermittent fasting. There & reddit

ok so Martin Berkhan has a wait list of...1 year :/
anyone else you could recommend of that caliber?

ok so Martin Berkhan doesn't seem to say how much protein he recommends on a daily basis?
I have to say I'm confused and would appreciate your views on this: many people suggest 1.2g per day per lbs...but now, others (eg Thomas DeLauer), and based on new factual research, seem to indicate that anything above 0.75-0.8g per day per lbs doesn't show any progress vs this maximum and of course increases pressure on kidneys. In my case, that's 130g of protein per day for the latter approach vs 240-250g per day for the former. Huge difference. So as I'm sure there's no consensus, what are your views on this?
Many thanks!

Search leangains on reddit. There is an entire forum. Lots of current & prior clients share their diet / macros and training routines. There is a wealth of information there but you e got to sort through it a bit. I want to say there’s information on Martin’s site as well but it’s been a while since I looked at it. There are macros calculators every where. You can google leangains macros calculator.

SUPER helpful, thank you so much :)

Search leangains on reddit. There is an entire forum. Lots of current & prior clients share their diet / macros and training routines. There is a wealth of information there but you e got to sort through it a bit. I want to say there’s information on Martin’s site as well but it’s been a while since I looked at it. There are macros calculators every where. You can google leangains macros calculator.

Anytime. Good luck. Intermittent fasting / leangains really taught me to control my diet. I personally use the high protein macros calculator. If for no other reason than staying full and satisfied

Back
Top Bottom