Join Evolutionary Forums


sarms1.com
mailorderhgh.com
needtobuildmuslce.com
dganutrition.com
dganutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Protein intake while intermittent fasting

  1. #1
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    57
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Protein intake while intermittent fasting

    Hi guys,
    I want to start intermittent fasting with the 16/8 approach for body recomp, starting my fasting at 7:30 pm until 11:30am next day. I am currently on cycle.

    Only question is around max protein intake in one meal. It seems to be a controversial subject and not sure if there is any consensus today on this.
    Essentially my only question is if I can take a protein shake in the morning around 8am. I am aware that by doing so, I am technically breaking the fast, but I read here and there that as long as a don't ingest carbs/fats along, should be ok and enable my body to make better use of the protein intake which is more evenly distributed during the day.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    159
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I fast from 8pm to midday and take no food in at all, just get your protein in during the 8 hour window

  3. #3
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    120
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    ^^ whatís said there only acceptable liquids during your fast are water, black coffee and ACV to boost metabolism and get your high protein during your window


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Head Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    34,445
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    a protein shake is breaking your fast. not sure who told you otherwise but i would not listen to that person again

    the best thing you can have during a fast is a homemade electrolyte drink, that will NOT break your fast.
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Approved HGH source https://www.mailorderhgh.com/ hit me for coupon code
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to all our sponsors

  5. #5
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    57
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    thanks Steve, at the risk of appearing stupid...what is a homemade electrolyte drink? does it contain BCAA?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    a protein shake is breaking your fast. not sure who told you otherwise but i would not listen to that person again

    the best thing you can have during a fast is a homemade electrolyte drink, that will NOT break your fast.

  6. #6
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    79
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I sometimes have upwards of 70-80 grams of protein in a single meal. It worked very well for me while cutting. I understand that your body doesnít use all that protein but getting in all the required calories in 8hrs can at times be difficult. Have you ever checked out **************?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry didnít mean to post a website. Martin Berkhan with leangains

  7. #7
    Head Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    34,445
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy6 View Post
    thanks Steve, at the risk of appearing stupid...what is a homemade electrolyte drink? does it contain BCAA?
    okay very simple

    1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (potassium), 200-400mg liquid magnesium (either capsule or in the drink), in a large glass of water
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Approved HGH source https://www.mailorderhgh.com/ hit me for coupon code
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to all our sponsors

  8. #8
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    57
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Does Martin Berkhan agree to take on clients who are on gear?

  9. #9
    Buff Brother
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    558
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy6 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I want to start intermittent fasting with the 16/8 approach for body recomp, starting my fasting at 7:30 pm until 11:30am next day. I am currently on cycle.

    Only question is around max protein intake in one meal. It seems to be a controversial subject and not sure if there is any consensus today on this.
    Essentially my only question is if I can take a protein shake in the morning around 8am. I am aware that by doing so, I am technically breaking the fast, but I read here and there that as long as a don't ingest carbs/fats along, should be ok and enable my body to make better use of the protein intake which is more evenly distributed during the day.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Thank you
    ok please tell me your not trying to use this to put on any kind of muscle bc you wont you physically cant eat enough calories in those 8 hours to put on any kind of muscle also while cutting if your going for that protein should be about 1.2g per lb of bodyweight

  10. #10
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    159
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Why can you not eat enough food in an 8 hour window? I can comfortably eat in excess of 3k in 3 meals at 170lb body weight in the 8 hour window adding on average 0.25lb per week on a deliberate slow bulk, so adding 1lb a week would only require another ~125kcals per meal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •