bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about TT Level and TRT

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Red face Question about TT Level and TRT

My friend has been considering doing trt and says that he is going to doc next week to see what his options are. He Is 25 years old. Bloodwork came in and his TT level was 540 ng/dl. Now since reading what the normal everyday doctor would say that is normal for his age but from what i've read on many threads on various forums i get 2 sided opinions on this is a '' low bottom of the 10% tile'' of test levels at his age. Seeing that most members here on evo have great knowledge and experience on this subject i was hoping you all could chime in if that is ACTUALLY a normal level and if not then should trt be considered?

Dryopithecus
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So, that's the difficulty. It all depends on the physician -- some will find you in the "normal" range and opt for no action. If you have a good, understanding doc they may be willing to bring you up to a more ideal level based upon your activities and goals. Speaking from my own experience, I'm at the low end of the average range. I could go doc shopping to try and find a doctor with practices more in line with my goals and desires but the reality is that the costs and trouble required are more than buying my own gear and getting my own bloodwork done. Hence, I"m here doing my learning and research for my first testosterone-only cycle.

It's very frustrating -- if you have the "by the numbers" physician it gets even worse as you age -- the "normal" range gets lower, and despite being physically active with muscle building goals you may be out of luck. It's a problem with medicine in the age we live in. The average bodyfat % (according to the Jackson/Pollack chart) at 51 is about 25-29%. Levels that at 31 put you way over average -- but you're not going to hear a doctor tell a 51 year old physically active man they need to chill out, have a donut and fatten up to be in the average category.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
    So, that's the difficulty. It all depends on the physician -- some will find you in the "normal" range and opt for no action. If you have a good, understanding doc they may be willing to bring you up to a more ideal level based upon your activities and goals. Speaking from my own experience, I'm at the low end of the average range. I could go doc shopping to try and find a doctor with practices more in line with my goals and desires but the reality is that the costs and trouble required are more than buying my own gear and getting my own bloodwork done. Hence, I"m here doing my learning and research for my first testosterone-only cycle.

It's very frustrating -- if you have the "by the numbers" physician it gets even worse as you age -- the "normal" range gets lower, and despite being physically active with muscle building goals you may be out of luck. It's a problem with medicine in the age we live in. The average bodyfat % (according to the Jackson/Pollack chart) at 51 is about 25-29%. Levels that at 31 put you way over average -- but you're not going to hear a doctor tell a 51 year old physically active man they need to chill out, have a donut and fatten up to be in the average category.
    Yes im very aware of this thanks for the reply though i have read this on many threads. What i am wondering though mainly is if 540 ng/dl is ACTUALLY A REAL GOOD TT LEVEL or just what doctors consider normal

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Anyone with expense on trt could really help with this question

After all is said and done, more is said than done

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I'm on doctor prescribed TRT and I would be surprised if a legit doc would give you Trt . How many time has you're friend had bloods checked. Testosterone levels fluctuate through out the day, week, month. At 25 I would really take a step back and evaluate if you're friend is willing to make such a choice wich is for life.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by steve dallas View Post
    I'm on doctor prescribed TRT and I would be surprised if a legit doc would give you Trt . How many time has you're friend had bloods checked. Testosterone levels fluctuate through out the day, week, month. At 25 I would really take a step back and evaluate if you're friend is willing to make such a choice wich is for life.
    Once again thanks for the reply but that is something I am aware of and is not the question I was asking

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It's not real good.. buts it's not bad either. I would like to hear how he trains because of he is lazy and over 15% bf that's makes sense.

Also what is his diet like? Does he smoke? Take medication? These all play a role in T levels
    "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

George S. Patton-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

https://www.evolutionary.org/images/sarms1-banner-2.jpg

http://w3.elitefitness.com/images/04...518701a84a.jpg
    AGREP99QZ for 10% off all ag-guys orders

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrine View Post
    It's not real good.. buts it's not bad either. I would like to hear how he trains because of he is lazy and over 15% bf that's makes sense.

Also what is his diet like? Does he smoke? Take medication? These all play a role in T levels
    Well daily activity would be gym. About half hour of cardio and hour of lifting. As far as diet I would have to ask him. And yes 15% body fat but he is very skinny and tall

Australopithecus
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    getting trt under 30 is pretty hard. and most doctors dont consider age, if it falls within "normal" on there lab work its not happening. i believe under 300 is when the lab flags as low? below 100 and you come up as a "castrated male" word for word lol.

Advanced Cyborg Brother 25homes's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    540 is decent level if your not on anything
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

https://www.evolutionary.org/images/sarms1-banner-2.jpg

http://w3.elitefitness.com/images/04...518701a84a.jpg
    AGREP99QZ for 10% off all ag-guys orders

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast