Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick question about inexperienced kids in gym

Meltzer25

Beginner Brother
I just have a quick question about scrawny highschool kids that fill up the gym in the summer and try to deadlift over 330lbs. Should I say something or wait until something snaps in their back? Do you guys ever say anything to them about how dangerous what they're doing is or just let them destroy their back?

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. these kids weigh no more than 145lbs

Usually, any attempt to intervene will end badly. You can only hope that one of them approaches you for advice instead. Surprisngly, in the 20 years I've been lifting...I've never seen anyone get injured in front of me. That's not to say that the injury hasn't happen...just means I haven't seen a catastrophic falling on the ground in bad pain type of injury in action.

I don't offer unsolicited advice, as most people don't really like that. I am more than happy to help those that do ask for any advice, and I have on a few occasions run and pulled bars off of some kids who let their ego load the plates on flat bench.

I’m not a trainer or an employee at my gym so I just ignore the tom-fuckery form. There’s a group of high schoolers that will throw their towel over a machine and drop their shit next to it then proceed to walk around talking and bullshitting..luckily some pretty bad ass old school lifters at my gym who will just walk up and verbally bitch smack them. I can’t stand bad gym etiquette man but I don’t have the tact to not bounce these kids head off the ground so shout out the older Gents who keep these kids in check..love that generation

Agree with my brothers on this one. They will learn. Only intervene if they can’t lift weight and could get injured. Then they will surely ask for advice.

i wouldnt waste your time attempting anything... most of them are going to run their mouth and if they dont get hurt lifting like morons, they will by talking shit to the wrong person... just let it be...

summer is the worst time for me because these monsters are everywhere. the parents let them do what they want and are too lazy to babysit them cause they are more worried about their precious golf game or career. they spit out kids and expect US to babysit them. I try and avoid places with kids this time of year, problem solved. talk to your gym manager about why kids are even allowed in the gym. any half decent gym will require 18+ to be on the gym floor, otherwise I would ask the manager for my money back

i don't blame the kids though.. i blame 2 things:

1. bad parenting
2. lead poisoning

I just have a quick question about scrawny highschool kids that fill up the gym in the summer and try to deadlift over 330lbs. Should I say something or wait until something snaps in their back? Do you guys ever say anything to them about how dangerous what they're doing is or just let them destroy their back?

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. these kids weigh no more than 145lbs
We must train at the same gym

They wont listen anyways. Dont waste your time. I learned to ignore everyone. 95% of the people in there are wasting their time and doing absolutely nothing for themselves

Back
Top Bottom