Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The "Hidden" Side Effects of using Steroids

wolfpackalpha

<b>Leader of the Pack</b>
Administrator
what are some hidden steroid side effects? read this article by Nelson Montana

Building muscles of super-human size does not come without a cost. When it comes to taking Steroids, we want the rewards to outweigh the risks – as long as you don’t push the human body too far, you will usually get more benefits than side-effects.

http://www.evolutionary.org/the-hidden-side-effects-of-using-steroids/

ldl-vs-hdl.jpg

Good info. Cholesterol is def something to look out for. N2guard is a must for cycling.

This is so crucial... Don't die of heart disease, with a killer body. Serious oxymoron there.

N2Guard is a absolute must

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thats an expensive supp...didnt nelson used to be over at elite fitness back in the day?

You get what you pay for; if your health is important to you, then price is a 2nd tier issue. Too many guys spend 1000s on cycles and don't want to spend $80 to protect their life/health. Literally, N2Guard can help you hold off very dangerous side effects of steroid use.

Nelson Montana is on EF and he's a writer and contributor to Evo.

Great article , im takingN2 Guard , always do with my cycle, but i still supplement it with other supplements that are in low % in N2Guard like co q10 for ex.

I finally have my appointment with an endocrinologist. I got copies of blood work going back over a year. Almost every single one my HDL and Triglycerides are low, and my Alkaline Phosphatase is high. I've only been truly eating well for about 2.5-3 months, and don't think a recent lab reflects this- but Alk Phos has been as high as 250 in 2012 and been going down (but still above the high normal). My theory is and has been that 350 Test levels are just too low for me, and have been at that level for more than 2 years.

It's sort of a chicken and the egg thing- high bodyfat can lower test, but low test can increase bodyfat- and I know it also affects other aspects of body chemistry. I don't want the endo doc to talk me around in circles when I meet with him. I want to go on TRT and see if my QOL improves over 3 months or not.

I've lost 19 pounds since March without T levels moving between then and now. Sitting at about 26% BF as I can NOT get my belly fat to go away. Skinny neck, big waist- I'm only using the tape measure to have a general idea of where my BF is.

Would the HDL/Triglycerides be tied to testosterone? I know this may be a bit much, but you guys have been able to explain everything WAY better than my doctor so far.

SEPT 2011: Chol total- 124L 125-200mg/dl HDL-28L >or = 40mg/dl Triglycerides 135 <150mg/dl LDL-69 <130mg/dl ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 176 40-115 U/L
10/24/2012 Alkaline Phosphatase 164 40-115 u/l
5/7/2013 Alk Phos 181 TSH-.94 Test,Total 484
7/10/2013 Alk Phos 239 Also diagnosed diabetic with glucose 158 and Insulin 28 (range should be <23 uIU/ml)
7/22/2013 Alk Phos 189
2/25/2014 Total Chol- 180 HDL-38 Triglycerides- 177H LDL-107 ALK Phos- 145 TEST, TOTAL- 518 *only time ever >500 and this was PRIOR to using TS17 for 1 month.
4/7/2014 Test Total- 344

Blood sugar is killing your test. Simply eating sugar can drop test 25% within an hour or two...having blood sugar that high all the time is annihilating it...

Blood sugar is killing your test. Simply eating sugar can drop test 25% within an hour or two...having blood sugar that high all the time is annihilating it...

I'm on Metformin. My glucose levels are rarely if ever over 100 lately even after eating. I forget what it was the other day but I hit 127. I have cut out soda completely and if I want something sweet I eat an apple. I avoid anything I can unwrap or munch on like cookies which I used to eat a lot. I understand the notion of how high blood sugar and spiking levels can make me "insulin intolerant". As explained to me, fasting like I used to would cause everything I did eat to spike my sugar, and my insulin would kick way up, so eventually more insulin was being produced but it wasn't as strong. (nutshell version)

Now, over the last 2 months my Blood Pressure has also become normal, sometimes even really low. I have always tended to sweat profusely, but now it's movie ridiculous. Sweat pours out of me the minute I start to exert myself, and when I stand up from the bed or my recliner, I get light-headed. My night sweats are also worse. This sound like a thread about insulin here on the board where the bros are describing going HYPO while using Insulin.

Now, I'm really confused because I have every symptom of low test you can imagine. I don't want to be stuck back on the circular path I've been on- this makes test low, makes me feel like this, makes my test low... but it sounds like all these symptoms are also potentially caused by insulin levels being out of whack. Every thing I read only serves to confuse me more. It sounds like taking insulin would probably kill me, but with a good diet, how else can I lower glucose levels? Will TRT even make a dent in anything if it's low because of the diabetes? Reading about diabetes or testosterone, I rarely come across anything that discusses the relationship between the two... FFFFUUUUUUUuuuUUUuu!!!

Oh, and how does my HDL and Triglycerides factor into this? My good chol is low, my bad chol is normal and Triglycerides have gone from high to low.

I'm on Metformin.

If I had to, I'd be taking Berberine. In clinical trials it was as effective as Metformin, didn't have any of the issues associated with Metformin and has a huge number of other benefits outside of blood sugar regulation. I'd also be taking TUDCA as it makes your body 30% more insulin sensitive but not in fat cells, only in muscle and liver cells. Cinnamon also increases glucose metabolism by up to 20X normal as it is an insulin mimetic with a structure very close to insulin, so your body can use it to get the glucose into the cells instead of insulin.

Insulin also kills GH release as well...GH is released inversely to the levels of insulin in the body...

Last edited:
I"m beginning to really not like my doctor. I was basically told Metformin is the last hit before insulin. Never heard of Berberine or TUDCA. Had no idea about cinnamon. Thanks BigTurk.

EDIT* BigT- I found this article. How is this NOT something doctors are leaping on? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2911053/

EDIT 2* One risk of cinnamon intake may be increased liver stress so I will discuss this with my doc, but it sounds awesome- studies have shown a 24% reduction in blood sugar levels using from 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon daily over 40 days. It also reduced cholesterol by 18%. Some studies showed no effect, but we know a study can show what the researcher wants it to.

Thanks again BigT

Last edited:
I"m beginning to really not like my doctor. I was basically told Metformin is the last hit before insulin. Never heard of Berberine or TUDCA. Had no idea about cinnamon. Thanks BigTurk.

EDIT* BigT- I found this article. How is this NOT something doctors are leaping on? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2911053/

EDIT 2* One risk of cinnamon intake may be increased liver stress so I will discuss this with my doc, but it sounds awesome- studies have shown a 24% reduction in blood sugar levels using from 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon daily over 40 days. It also reduced cholesterol by 18%. Some studies showed no effect, but we know a study can show what the researcher wants it to.

Thanks again BigT

You'd have to be sensitive to coumarin, which most people aren't, and even then you could simply get Ceylon cinnamon which has very low levels or even buy Cinnulin PF which is an extract that doesn't have it in it...cinnamon also significantly reduces Triglycerides as well...I know of no study that doesn't show a significant impact on blood sugar with cinnamon. In fact, the whole reason we know about this effect from cinnamon is because it was found by accident when researchers were checking the glucose increases when certain foods were consumed. The subject ate a piece of store bought apple pie and the researchers expected a large blood sugar increase, but instead found it had decreased. Puzzled, they tried it with other subjects and got the same effect. Then they found out that the cinnamon in the apple pie was responsible for it...

Berberine and cinnamon work well together because they get glucose into the cells via different pathways...berberine through the AMPK pathway, cinnamon via mimicking insulin. Taurine also has similar insulin mimicking properties as well...

http://examine.com/supplements/Berberine/

Back
Top Bottom